Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who else remembers this day in history?

Dak Prescott, Cowboys Agree To New Contract​

Mar 08, 2021 at 05:45 PM
Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Senior Writer

FRISCO, Texas – Dak Prescott's long-awaited new contract is finally here.

The Cowboys announced Monday night that Prescott and the club have agreed to terms on a new deal. Terms have not been disclosed; further information and details will be released at a formal press announcement on Wednesday, the club said in a press release. According to multiple reports, it's a four-year deal worth at least $160 million that includes over $120 million guaranteed.

Both sides have agreed to terms before Tuesday's tentative NFL deadline to place a second straight franchise tag for Prescott. This year's one-year tag for quarterbacks is worth $37.7 million. While the full details aren't yet known, a new multi-year deal will conceivably help the Cowboys spread out the money and reduce the 2021 salary cap hit, creating more room to operate in free agency when the new league year begins next week.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dak-prescott-cowboys-agree-to-new-contract

usieam3njjuzxseamdch.jpg

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Random fact that may not be relevant later but interesting to consider: Dallas agreed to the deal with Dak before the franchise tag deadline but they didn’t sign it until after, so Dallas had to tag him a second time days before the signing just to be safe.

This means if he ever gets tagged again, it will count as his third tag, where the rules change a bit

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

Rob Phillips

The Cowboys announced Monday night that Prescott and the club have agreed to terms on a new deal. Terms have not been disclosed; further information and details will be released at a formal press announcement on Wednesday, the club said in a press release. According to multiple reports, it's a four-year deal worth at least $160 million that includes over $120 million guaranteed.

Both sides have agreed to terms before Tuesday's tentative NFL deadline to place a second straight franchise tag for Prescott. This year's one-year tag for quarterbacks is worth $37.7 million. While the full details aren't yet known, a new multi-year deal will conceivably help the Cowboys spread out the money and reduce the 2021 salary cap hit, creating more room to operate in free agency when the new league year begins next week.

usieam3njjuzxseamdch.jpg
The worst day in Cowboys history....

JBS

Reaction score
Random fact that may not be relevant later but interesting to consider: Dallas agreed to the deal with Dak before the franchise tag deadline but they didn’t sign it until after, so Dallas had to tag him a second time days before the signing just to be safe.

This means if he ever gets to FA and Dallas needs to franchise him again, it will count as his third tag, which will balloon the tag value.
He can’t be tagged. Cmon. You should know this already

Staubacher

Reaction score

Rob Phillips

usieam3njjuzxseamdch.jpg
And we got one playoff win. Seems fair.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...was March 28, 1994.

The decline of the Cowboys’ empire began in 1994​

After a second-straight Super Bowl win over Buffalo in January, the Cowboys were early favorites to make it three in a row at the end of the 1994 season.

Barring catastrophic injuries, the team was young and solid at every position. They seemed an unstoppable juggernaut.

Only self-sabotage could undo this dynasty and that is precisely what happened. On March 29, 1994, Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson as head coach.

https://insidethestar.com/the-decline-of-the-cowboys-empire-began-in-1994/

matthewlenix_dallas-cowboys_jerry-jones-gets-emotional-over-jimmy-johnson-blames-himself-for-split-2.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
The dak threads just keep coming I mean every time, I open this place up there's three new dak threads it's crazy there's one on top of the other and by the way I just read an interesting article there's been 95 quarterbacks drafted since 2016 and only one of them has actually won a Super Bowl...

I even seen the crazy moves other teams make because they can't find one in the draft and then you got to go overpay and use your draft capital to get deshaun Watson Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers and it doesn't work out it's very rare that you're just going to buy your way all in into a Super Bowl....

it's nice to think you can just reboot and restart and get a new quarterback I'm not saying they should pay him ridiculous money and give him a big new extension but you all are really living in a strange world where you think it's just easy to go start over and you would rather be losing actual games and not getting to the playoffs so then you can start complaining about the record and not getting the playoffs just so you can win in free agency and the draft I think some of you just want change just for the sake of change you just want to feel more inspired in the offseason you'd rather win the offseason than get to the playoffs every year....

Look, I get the disappointment I get that everyone's losing patience and everyone has these ridiculous expectations and then gets extra disappointed but you got to keep this into perspective Prescott just had what might be debatable his best season second team all pro second in voting a great touchdown interception ratio and yeah we should just throw him out....​
there's some really dumb threads, not just in here but saying we should cut Prescott eat his cap money take the cap hit..​
you know like Denver is and I think they're really dumb with Russell Wilson they could use a bridge guy, I get they need to get rid of him but he actually played a lot better last year under the new coaching staff and then get guys like Justin fields?!! I mean that's your answer or forcing Trey Lance onto the field for what I just posted 95 of these drafted quarterbacks only one of them has actually won a super bowl...​
Most of them are falling short and don't have great playoff records either and they all have big deals as well.​
One of the first things the team needs to build is around a really good quarterback and you get rid of that quarterback in order to save money and then go find another one then all the other moves you've made to pick up guys like CD lamb and Micah Parsons among others Trayvon diggs getting to build around, that goes to waste because you're starting over at the hardest position to find is a Super Bowl winning quarterback because they really don't exist....​
you have to find a way to keep your better talent in massage the salary cap in the roster and try to at least be relative in the Dallas Cowboys have a chance five out of last eight seasons with Prescott we've been to the playoffs I get it the disappointment is there it it's a gut punch every year it's like getting kicked in the nuts a couple of times...​
However, I would rather be here where we are presently then losing the next five years trying to get back to the same exact spot it hopes to get over a hump but you have to get back to the hump you can't cross a bridge unless you're at the beginning of it and you're starting out in East Texas and trying to get to the bridge in West TX by rebooting your team... We are at the bridge and I prefer to be at the bridge to cross it then finding my way back to the bridge without knowing how that going to workout for fans in the team we may have to have five losing seasons we don't know this so be careful what you wish for...​

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The dak threads just keep coming I mean every time, I open this place up there's three new dak threads it's crazy there's one on top of the other
The most polarizing player on the most polarizing team and add in his contract status and salary cap equals very high profile situation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The most polarizing player on the most polarizing team and add in his contract status and salary cap equals very high profile situation.
What seems to me you all want people to go discuss the draft because it's so convoluted and a special place that way it doesn't really overrun the main page,

well this seems to me that Prescott's has 75% of the threads it's just overrunning the front page they should all be kept in one thread on the main page or it should have his own page.... I thought Tony Romo ,I thought I'd never see anything like the Tony Romo discussions but apparently, I was wrong Prescott's are far crazier and on a regular basis just popping up nobody wants to post under anybody else's Prescott there they just want to have their own...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
4 years ago and y'all are still here. Wow, kudos!
not as bad as here clapping for an old guy who's 97 percent in on making money, and taking wins as secondary. 28 years expecting change and it's never coming. shrugs. to each their own. He appreciates your blind support.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That was a day to remember. Seems like the site was swamped . Fun fun.

Could be even worse this time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans need to cash in on the Cowboys success.

Invest in our sponsors. All of their stocks are doing well. Anyone who hooks up with the Cowboys does well.

It feels much better going home with a bigger check when we come up short in the playoffs.