4 Years Ago Today - Dak Finally Got His New Contract

Boysdaboys

Reaction score

The decline of the Cowboys’ empire began in 1994​

After a second-straight Super Bowl win over Buffalo in January, the Cowboys were early favorites to make it three in a row at the end of the 1994 season.

Barring catastrophic injuries, the team was young and solid at every position. They seemed an unstoppable juggernaut.

Only self-sabotage could undo this dynasty and that is precisely what happened. On March 29, 1994, Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson as head coach.

https://insidethestar.com/the-decline-of-the-cowboys-empire-began-in-1994/

matthewlenix_dallas-cowboys_jerry-jones-gets-emotional-over-jimmy-johnson-blames-himself-for-split-2.jpg
I won't say it was a guarantee they win in SF with Jimmy. Both were juggernauts and it's 50/50. However, I don't think they fall behind 21-0 in the blink of an eye with Jimmy. They dug such a dee hole for themselves that it was too much to come back from against a team like that. That's a painful loss because history is littered with teams that have repeated. But nobody three-peated. That team could have gone from special to historic.

It's unique though. How many years can we say that the real SB was played two weeks before the actual one? Everyone knew the winner of that game was winning it all.

I do believe overall that firing Jimmy was the big turning point. They were so talented that they won with his guys in 95. But, 94, 96, and maybe even 97 are different with Jimmy. Once Jimmy's guys got older, they could never replace them.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Who else remembers this day in history?

Dak Prescott, Cowboys Agree To New Contract​

Mar 08, 2021 at 05:45 PM
Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Senior Writer

FRISCO, Texas – Dak Prescott's long-awaited new contract is finally here.

The Cowboys announced Monday night that Prescott and the club have agreed to terms on a new deal. Terms have not been disclosed; further information and details will be released at a formal press announcement on Wednesday, the club said in a press release. According to multiple reports, it's a four-year deal worth at least $160 million that includes over $120 million guaranteed.

Both sides have agreed to terms before Tuesday's tentative NFL deadline to place a second straight franchise tag for Prescott. This year's one-year tag for quarterbacks is worth $37.7 million. While the full details aren't yet known, a new multi-year deal will conceivably help the Cowboys spread out the money and reduce the 2021 salary cap hit, creating more room to operate in free agency when the new league year begins next week.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dak-prescott-cowboys-agree-to-new-contract

usieam3njjuzxseamdch.jpg
He also promised that day that now was the time to go for a super bowl. He got paid, but the rest of us are still waiting for him to keep the promise he made.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What seems to me you all want people to go discuss the draft because it's so convoluted and a special place that way it doesn't really overrun the main page,

well this seems to me that Prescott's has 75% of the threads it's just overrunning the front page they should all be kept in one thread on the main page or it should have his own page.... I thought Tony Romo ,I thought I'd never see anything like the Tony Romo discussions but apparently, I was wrong Prescott's are far crazier and on a regular basis just popping up nobody wants to post under anybody else's Prescott there they just want to have their own...
You seem to be having a lot of trouble dealing with Dak stuff. I usually take a break when that happens to me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And the year after he broke his ankle which should be year one of this new deal he had 37 touchdowns 10 interceptions and close to 5000 yards passing he's been part of some very highly rated offenses and then this past year he was second team all pro 2nd and MVP voting had the most touchdowns and one of the best touchdown interception ratios and somehow people are questioning his last contract and already complaining about his new one coming up I don't get it I'd say this is a team game but it's an individual he's done his part on the field as far as production goes his stats and his rankings say he earned his last deal and now it sets the team up to make a big decision on his new deal...

It's funny how we wanna run a guy out of town that's never had a losing season been to the playoffs 5 of his eight healthy seasons he's been at Dallas cowboy he's been part of a lot of highly ranked offenses most of the issues we've had has not been the quarterback it's a team effort in finding ways to lose games and disappoint fans and yet the quarterback seems to be the target...

Swagger

Reaction score
Cowboy fans need to cash in on the Cowboys success.

Invest in our sponsors. All of their stocks are doing well. Anyone who hooks up with the Cowboys does well.

It feels much better going home with a bigger check when we come up short in the playoffs.
Fans with a brain knew it was a horrific decision at the time yet were willing to effectively write off the next 4 years due to the QB despite having loaded teams in a weak conference.

Should Prescott be resigned again then there won't be much of an outcry but the Cowboys will see a lot of fans such as myself taking a complete timeout from supporting the team until Prescott has gone however that happens.

There's only so much time an individual with anything about them can waste as investing time to support a team takes time away in other areas of their life and in my view it simply isn’t worth it with a bum brainless bonehead making the most important in game decisions under centre.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans with a brain knew it was a horrific decision at the time yet were willing to effectively write off the next 4 years due to the QB despite having loaded teams in a weak conference.

Should Prescott be resigned again then there won't be much of an outcry but the Cowboys will see a lot of fans such as myself taking a complete timeout from supporting the team until Prescott has gone however that happens.

There's only so much time an individual with anything about them can waste as investing time to support a team takes time away in other areas of their life and in my view it simply isn’t worth it with a bum brainless bonehead making the most important in game decisions under centre.
It requires a different mindset to support or at least root on a team you don’t believe in.

Supporting and rooting on my Alma Mater which has suked or been a dormant football program most of my life has prepared me mentally for this down era of the Cowboys with Jethro’s foolishness .

Definitely more fun rooting on and supporting your team when it’s winning with better leadership making great decisions .

Section446

Reaction score
One if the darkest days in Cowboys history... Was further proof that winning was no longer a priority.

J12B

Reaction score
Congrats to Dak. This will open up a lot of cap space to sign free agents.

Jerry is literally all in this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One of the most depressing days in franchise history for many fans. They’re about to relive that nightmare with his extension.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
My thinking is that Dak lost it when he snapped his leg, after that it seemed that he played tentative during games.

Him and Zeke were tearing it up on that team. Dak was playing really good, like a young man should. Then JJ signed him and here we are now after nine years.

Get ready to watch him play for a few more years. He will amaze you how he accomplished so much for so little.

Dak will win the Super Bowl after JJ extends him again. I like it, it's fun and JJ deserves it, so do us fans.

Cowboys