400+ yards a game

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The running game got almost completely shut down in those games didn’t it?
They shut it down themselves, IIRC. Last week they scored on the first drive(?) thanks to the running game, then immediately stopped running. The week before they stopped running after the second drive, I believe.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watch closer today, you’ll see it....
I’m not Saying I told you so.. I’m saying veterans showed up today. At least in the first half. Teams don’t tank my cowboy brother.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They said it themselves earlier in the season. Nobody can beat them but themselves...
I’ve been following this team since the first game ever played. Overseas in the military that’s all they piped in was the Cowboys. How can I not love Roger Staubach the star what it represents. I’ve been through too many seasons forgotMore than some people will ever remember. I believe in Prescott Elliot and the offense of line. If this defense can play like this unbeatable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh coming down to the Eagles game. How many times have I watched that happen.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I’ve been following this team since the first game ever played. Overseas in the military that’s all they piped in was the Cowboys. How can I not love Roger Staubach the star what it represents. I’ve been through too many seasons forgotMore than some people will ever remember. I believe in Prescott Elliot and the offense of line. If this defense can play like this unbeatable

Today they have to win to stay in first place in the east so now they are motivated...

PUSHfold

Reaction score
in a few isolated games (such as Chicago) this is correct.
Fact is though heading into the Bears game we were 8th in the league in points allowed. Now 12th.

Not saying our defense is stellar by any means but to say they've been totally shredded in every game this year isn't accurate either.

I find it equally troubling that our offense is racking up yards like crazy but is barely in the top 10 in points (currently 9th)
This would seem to support the "garbage time" argument that a lot of posters are being mocked for on here.

thoughts?

Stats don't show what this defense is though...as far as stats go it's been okay but that's not the whole story. If you can watch this defense week after week and think they're a good unit then something is wrong with you.(not saying you personally because you've admitted it isn't stellar) Add in the penalties at the absolute worst possible moments and it's been horrible.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They shut it down themselves, IIRC. Last week they scored on the first drive(?) thanks to the running game, then immediately stopped running. The week before they stopped running after the second drive, I believe.
I thought I looked at it and the run/pass ratio was pretty even through the first half.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought I looked at it and the run/pass ratio was pretty even through the first half.
It could be my imagination, but it seemed like they ran it almost exclusively on the first drive, scored, then nearly stopped running at all the rest of the game.