$49 Million Reasons Nothing Will Change in 2023 and 24

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's $49 million dollar contract will be the third of the team's salary cap. Dak requires elite talent around him. Now, with that said, there will be no help coming. In fact, Dallas will be losing talent.

Folks, we are looking at two more years of this garbage.....No NFC Championships. No SBs.

Settle in.
We've been "settled in" for 27 years. Pretty comfy.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak's $49 million dollar contract will be the third of the team's salary cap. Dak requires elite talent around him. Now, with that said, there will be no help coming. In fact, Dallas will be losing talent.

Folks, we are looking at two more years of this garbage.....No NFC Championships. No SBs.

Settle in.
Jerry should NOT restructure Dak's deal and instead do the following:

1. Designate Tyron Smith a post-June 1st release thereby splitting his $8.01M in dead money over 2023 & 2024; that saves $13.6M against the 2023 salary cap

2. Designate Zeke Elliott a post-June 1st release thereby splitting his $11.86M in dead money over 2023 & 2024; that saves $10.79M against the 2023 salary cap

Dallas is allowed 2 post-June 1st release candidates and by doing the above Dallas saves $24.39M against the 2023 salary cap.

3. Approach Zack Martin about restructuring his contract to lessen his 2023 salary cap hit of $19.89M; Martin restructured in 2021 & 2022 to provide Dallas $7.05M and $7.87M in cap relief those years so if he does something similar Dallas could be looking at freeing up roughly $8M in 2023 salary cap space

4. Approach Demarcus Lawrence about restructuring his contract to lessen his 2023 salary cap hit of $26M; Lawrence restructured in 2020 to provide Dallas $12M in cap relief so if he does something similar Dallas could be looking at freeing up roughly $12M in 2023 salary cap space

These 2 restructuring moves would provide Dallas with roughly $20M in 2023 salary cap space.

5. Release Jourdan Lewis which would save Dallas $4.7M against the 2023 salary cap

6. Release Jayron Kearse which would save Dallas $4.4M against the 2023 salary cap

These 2 player release moves would provide Dallas with roughly $9.1M in 2023 salary cap space.

So while I realize Dallas has to replace some of the players above, and Dallas also has important free agents of their own to possibly resign, by restructuring 2 players and releasing 4 players Dallas would save roughly $53.49M towards the 2023 salary cap without having to restructure Dak.

This sets Dallas up to seriously place the make-it-or-you-are-gone pressure on Dak for 2023 which would allow Dallas to then begin the process of trading Dak and searching for a new starting QB.

Praxit

Reaction score
....start with Jettison of KM. Give Dak and offense new play field. Start there.

starfan1

Reaction score
...but how many more years do you think you have left?
well hopefully the good lord gives me plenty. I dont lose sleep over this teams failures any longer because its not about SB or bust for this guy. I enjoyed the season it ended pretty much how I thought it would at the hands of the niners. did they blow a golden opportunity for sure but the niners were a better team and i dont think they played that well either. They will bust that eagle fanny this weekend

HMJYay

Reaction score
Let's feign outrage now....probably will be restructured before march.

Then you can boo and hiss about it for at least 5 more years.
Restructering would only push the cap hit more in future years. Which is why his cap hit is 49 million this year, because they had to restructure to try and build a team around him. The contract is the contract. That would only move money around. The money will be due. Unless you think Dak would actually take a pay cut, which he's not going to do (and I dont' blame him).

diamonddelts

Reaction score
$35,000,000.00 vs $40,000,000.00 lol
I've always said don't pay a penny over of $20,000,000.00, and even that's too much.
Good luck with Trent Dilfer as your qb. Cause no modern day star qb is gonna take half of what the market offers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Settle in.
So tell me, of all the teams left what QB doesnt have elite talent around him?

WAAAAA!!! No NFC Championships, not SB's!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Are you some kind of football snob now because of all our success? Hilarious!!!

Everyone has been settled in for 30 years. Should we all start crying with you?

RxMan

Reaction score
I think Tyron and Kearse need to stay. You can say Tyron is washed up but look at Peters. Sure he's not his same self but he held up well against Bosa.