$49 Million Reasons Nothing Will Change in 2023 and 24

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's $49 million dollar contract will be the third of the team's salary cap. Dak requires elite talent around him. Now, with that said, there will be no help coming. In fact, Dallas will be losing talent.

Folks, we are looking at two more years of this garbage.....No NFC Championships. No SBs.

Settle in.
It is not 49 million.

His pay for 2023 is 31 million

Any cap hit above his average salary is cap dollars used to pay other players in previous years.

What if you get a home equity loan and use it to buy a new car?

You are now making home equity loan payments, but they have zero relevance to how much your house cost you per month.

Last edited by a moderator:

mardwin

Reaction score
It should.
Jerry should lose hundreds of millions in revenue as fans show him they have had enough.
I don't think people down in Texas view football that way. They will still show up to the stadium which validates their erroneous decision of extending the QB.

Aven8

Reaction score
Could be more than 2 years if they restructure Dak's contract to lessen the 2023 cap hit.
This. It’s going to happen. And if it doesn’t than we know what Stephen thinks about him. But if they don’t restructure we won’t have any money just to resign our own, let alone outside FA’s.

Aven8

Reaction score
I was for signing him when the Cowboys SHOULD have done it when it was the smart thing to do and made sense.

Instead they kicked the can down the rod as far as possible and then signed him to a very unreasonable deal.

Had they done the smart thing at the time, it would have been so much easier to move on from him.
Yep! Remember they could have had him at at least 28-32 million. Stephen out smarted himself…..fool

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't think people down in Texas view football that way. They will still show up to the stadium which validates their erroneous decision of extending the QB.
Even fans elsewhere can quit buying Cowboys merchandise.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dak's $49 million dollar contract will be the third of the team's salary cap. Dak requires elite talent around him. Now, with that said, there will be no help coming. In fact, Dallas will be losing talent.

Folks, we are looking at two more years of this garbage.....No NFC Championships. No SBs.

Settle in.
But..but… people on this board tell me that the salary cap is a myth. They say we can sign anyone and everyone even though our subpar QB will be taking a third of our team’s salary cap.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Does the GM feel that Prescott has regressed to Wentz's level?
I don't even pretend to understand what goes on in Jerry's head.

I'm pretty confident Wentz could have performed as well as Dak the other night. So there's that.....

aikemirv

Reaction score
There is only 49 million reason why we won't bring in a retread FA QB that would demand a big contract. There are not 49 million reasons to not try and draft a replacement or even try a low dollar replacement like Mayfield or Darnold. I don't think either would put us in a better situation but that is an option.

The 49 mill is already spent - no reason to wallow in the misery by trotting him out there 2 more years knowing you are getting the same result!

conner01

Reaction score
It is not 49 million.

His pay for 2023 is 31 million

Any cap hit above his average salary is cap dollars used to pay other players in previous years.

What if you get a home equity loan and use it to buy a new car?

You are now making home equity loan payments, but they have zero relevance to how much your house cost you per month.
And it’s not a third of our cap either
The cap will be around 220
So it’s less than a quarter lol

starfan1

Reaction score
The first 2 didn't have the same level of talent around them as the last one.
Im so tired of that BS excuse. Quincy didnt yet BP took them to playoffs. Our supposed talent is quite over rated and Romo had plenty as well.
TO> anything weve Had
Witten > better than anything hes had
Murray= or > than zeke
The lines barring a few years have been pretty good for both of them.

Regardless they all failed and Im coming back next year for the next episode. Why? because SB as much as i want one dont define my fandom I enjoy the ride regardless

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They do that in every NFL stadium. And the home fans that choose to not go, sell their tickets to another fan. Regardless of what team they are a fan of.