49er Fans Wondering Why We Like TO?

Matt

Reaction score
Just seems kind of odd.. Even though he produces great numbers and all, they still have to bring up the star incident.

Here's a post by one...

"most intelligent cowboy fans dont like him thats why the ****** got booed during pregame introductions in Dallas last Sunday night

TO is a mockery not only to the NFL but in pro sports culture in general...he might be the most physically talented receiver of his era and he produces pro bowl stats annually...outside of him dropping passes, hes everything a fan could ask for physically in its play making receiver

yet he ran the head coach the offensive coordinator and the local kid pro bowl qb out of town in San Francisco (while they were still relevant)

he was a cancer in Philly even though he came so close to LEADING them to a super bowl win after coming back off a serious leg injury that most people that was courageous and gutsy enough just to risk his career to play in the super bowl...and how does he soak in some positive attention? he throws his HOF qb under the bus and in effect his entire team just days after a close loss in a super bowl

and now in dallas youd think at age 35 he would realize there arent many places he could start fresh again...even after embarrassing the franchise by spiking the ball twice on the star enough to prompt Emmit Smith to attempt to level him the second time around.
He's already called the offensive coordinator out all year long as well as dividing the locker room as well as some of the coaching staff...and lets not forget he was the reason Parcells left and phillips has won so many playoff games since Parcells left (wades 0-4 in the playoffs himself) hes publicly embarrassed the franchise alienated his overrated yet solid qb in romo and has had public spats with one of the top 5 TE in the game in witten...it would be nice if Ware just sucker punched TO and ended his season, but as long as Owens is jerry jones little buddy and jerrys still behaving like a publicity ***** Owens wont be going anywhere

TO must be the worst teammate in pro sports today if not of all time"

How do you guys feel about him? As a player/teammate?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think he is a very talented player who wears his emotions on his sleeve. You would think as long as he has been around dealing with controversy he would have developed thicker skin but he hasn't and continues to let him emotions get the better of him at time. His talent makes us a better team and the attention he draws from the opposing team helps loosen things up for other players.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I don't like TO, to be honest with you.

However, there is no way in hell I forsake this team because of him.

So as long as he's with the Dallas Cowboys, I grudgingly root for him to do well.

I also undersatnd that he has a pretty huge impact on our offense.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like him, I have no problem with him, and I long ago got over the star thing, even before he got to Dallas.

Nav22

Reaction score
Why do I like T.O.? Because he's a great player and he makes the Cowboys better.

That's enough for me... in fact, that's everything to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why shouldn't I like him? He's never had any problems witht he law. Never been arrested. He's been fine his career. And if it was possible 49ers fans would take him back 'till this day.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Funny, I've never really liked TO, but the star incident has nothing to do with it. Unless I see a picture of him from that day, I never even think about it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Owens won me over for his play, for his good behavior and for the most part he hasn't done anything really negative with Dallas. The most negative thing he's done with the team was bash Bledsoe (who deserved to be bashed and Owens was right, Romo was by far a better QB) and sit out some practices under Parcells because of a bad hamstring (most coaches in the NFL let their veterans rest, Parcells is the exception).

I think it's a case of fans and media members being hypocritical. All of these critics of Owens in the past said that they like the guy because he doesn't get in trouble off the field, they just wish he would straighten out his attitude. Unfortunately, they fail to see that he HAS straightened out his attitude. But because he's playing for Dallas, they refuse to believe it.

I generally like Madden, but even he should've been able to spot Mr. Blue Suit's BS when in the Giants game Madden mentioned that the difference between Dallas and SF/Philly is that Owens still wants to stay in Dallas. If Owens really did have a problem with Witten and Romo, he would've wanted out of Dallas. That's just the way he is. But instead he never wanted that and thus it's pretty simple to rationalize that Mr. Blue Suit's story was a crock.

But again, because he's doing it right with DALLAS, a lot of fans don't want to accept that. If he was doing it right with say the Chargers, there would hardly be any stories on Owens and the fans and media would admire him for "turning his life around."

YAKUZA
not a conspiracy theorist, but just telling it the way it is.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think T.O. can be put into three different categories for Cowboys fans.

Love him - Great player. Great guy. Misunderstood. Will defend him to the end of the earth.

Tolerate him - Appreciate his talent, but don't have any strong feelings about him personally. Like his on-field talent. May be critical, but don't immediately see the negative re: him.

Hate him - Tolerate his presence on the Cowboys. Will celebrate his on-field achievements. But dislike him personally and can't wait til he's off the team.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2504397 said:
Owens won me over for his play, for his good behavior and for the most part he hasn't done anything really negative with Dallas. The most negative thing he's done with the team was bash Bledsoe (who deserved to be bashed and Owens was right, Romo was by far a better QB) and sit out some practices under Parcells because of a bad hamstring (most coaches in the NFL let their veterans rest, Parcells is the exception).

I think it's a case of fans and media members being hypocritical. All of these critics of Owens in the past said that they like the guy because he doesn't get in trouble off the field, they just wish he would straighten out his attitude. Unfortunately, they fail to see that he HAS straightened out his attitude. But because he's playing for Dallas, they refuse to believe it.

I generally like Madden, but even he should've been able to spot Mr. Blue Suit's BS when in the Giants game Madden mentioned that the difference between Dallas and SF/Philly is that Owens still wants to stay in Dallas. If Owens really did have a problem with Witten and Romo, he would've wanted out of Dallas. That's just the way he is. But instead he never wanted that and thus it's pretty simple to rationalize that Mr. Blue Suit's story was a crock.

But again, because he's doing it right with DALLAS, a lot of fans don't want to accept that. If he was doing it right with say the Chargers, there would hardly be any stories on Owens and the fans and media would admire him for "turning his life around."

YAKUZA
not a conspiracy theorist, but just telling it the way it is.

game, set, match.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
49er Fans Wondering Why We Like TO?

bugsanddaffy1.gif

"Pronoun trouble."

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I like him because he wears the star on his helmet and helps my favorite team win football games. I like him because our offense sucked before he got here and now it doesn't.

I will stop liking him when he gives me a reason to. So far that hasn't happened. I agree with everything he has said since he came to Dallas. He is 100% right that the offense is much better when he is involved and this latest episode was way overblown. He didn't do anything but go to a meeting called by his coordinator and 3 days later ESPN started with the TO is dividing the lockeroom crap.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
That's the Eagles HOF. They gotta put something in that empty trophy case.

http://i55.***BLOCKED***/albums/g152/BigDFan5/EagleTrophy-1.jpg

Besides the soup, that is.

gmsquid

Reaction score
Terrell Owens was a no-name coming into the NFL. He came from a no-name school. He happened to work his *** off in order to become one of the 10 best receivers of all-time. He also speaks his mind. I couldn't stand him until the Super Bowl with the Eagles. I absolutely HATE the eagles (obv), but the way he rehabbed and played (he should have been MVP if McNabb didn't choke) was one of the most inspiring things I'd seen from a football player. At that point I decided he was the man, and am glad he came to dallas. When I listen to him I just think of him as a guy who hates being p.c. He pretty much disrespects the media, and that's why he gets no credit. And yes he made mistakes in San Fran and Philly but he admits them, and he doesn't get any slack for them. He's the man though, he plays with emotion.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
49er fans ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM SOME T.O. when he caught that pass against Green Bay.

The Catch II

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2504403 said:
I think T.O. can be put into three different categories for Cowboys fans.

Love him - Great player. Great guy. Misunderstood. Will defend him to the end of the earth.

Tolerate him - Appreciate his talent, but don't have any strong feelings about him personally. Like his on-field talent. May be critical, but don't immediately see the negative re: him.

Hate him - Tolerate his presence on the Cowboys. Will celebrate his on-field achievements. But dislike him personally and can't wait til he's off the team.

I think i started out with Hate when he was with Philly then he won me over last season so i Loved Him and now, id say now it’s trying to Tolerate Him.

His innocent act doesn’t work on me anymore.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He's a very Talented Player with a big ego like most WR's have, I'm glad he plays for us, He has never been arrested for off the field incidents and most of the things done in Dallas have been way overblown by the media and it seems most of his teamates really like him just like they did and still do in Philadelphia. I have to laugh when a Keyshawn Johnson or Chris Carter critizise him for wanting the ball.