49ers and Eagles show you can make a Super Bowl start from scratch and make another one

Jayinem

Reaction score
Since we've made the Super Bowl both franchises have now gone to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different Quarterbacks. The Eagles have had 3 different coaches while 49ers have had two.

This is why I tune out the Dak homers who act like we're doomed if we move on from Dak. The way I look at it we're doomed with Dak anyway just because we are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot does not make success when you're talking about the Dallas Cowboys. We can't string together just two playoff wins in a row in a single playoffs, many times not even one, so that is not success. Not to mention unless we're keeping Dak until his late 30's which rarely ever happens we're going to have to move on from him one day anyway. Then again can't put anything past Jerry.

As far as coach I believe Harbough would have taken the job if we moved on from McCarthy. Instead they turned McCarthy into a lame duck coach with no extension and who knows who will be available next season.

Jerry Jones has turned this franchise into a joke.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
Since we've made the Super Bowl both franchises have now gone to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different Quarterbacks. The Eagles have had 3 different coaches while 49ers have had two.

This is why I tune out the Dak homers who act like we're doomed if we move on from Dak. The way I look at it we're doomed with Dak anyway just because we are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot does not make success when you're talking about the Dallas Cowboys. We can't string together just two playoff wins in a row in a single playoffs, many times not even one, so that is not success. Not to mention unless we're keeping Dak until his late 30's which rarely ever happens we're going to have to move on from him one day anyway. Then again can't put anything past Jerry.

As far as coach I believe Harbough would have taken the job if we moved on from McCarthy. Instead they turned McCarthy into a lame duck coach with no extension and who knows who will be available next season.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very early candidate for post of week

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

what does this have to do with Dak, or the term you used homers.

isn't it the GMs job to rebuild the team? Dak has nothing to do with team building. your anger is directed at the wrong person.

Dak wasn't signed all by himself. it took Jerry and Stephen to agree. it took Jerry and stephen not to draft QBs over the years. we don't have to resign any player.

the reason most people want Dak back, is they see no hope with abbott and costello being able to build a team outside of getting lucky now and then.

Asklesko

Reaction score
They've actually fired GMs and personnel people whose jobs depended on success. It seems to provide motivation.

When you have those positions for life, you become the Dallas Cowboys. The same two clowns will just try again next year.
They don't really try again. They just run the same thing back year after year, hoping for different results.

On the other hand, the eagles and the 49ers have indeed tried again, going to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different Quarterbacks. That's what it really means to "try again."

Blitzen

Reaction score
what does this have to do with Dak, or the term you used homers.

isn't it the GMs job to rebuild the team? Dak has nothing to do with team building. your anger is directed at the wrong person.

Dak wasn't signed all by himself. it took Jerry and Stephen to agree. it took Jerry and stephen not to draft QBs over the years. we don't have to resign any player.

the reason most people want Dak back, is they see no hope with abbott and costello being able to build a team outside of getting lucky now and then.
The reason the people who do not want Dak back is because they realize the absurd amount of overvaluing people give Dak when thinking about wins/losses with Dallas. Abbot and Costello May be dumb, but they have ultimately hit it big with some selections and have amassed a good deal of talent. The team has proven it can beat many other teams without Dak-which means they are just a stronger team in general than lots of other clubs in other areas. It would not be as big of a drop as say KC without Mahomes. I don’t know how that is not obvious to everyone that watches the Cowboys.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
We've seen nearly every other franchise lap the Cowboys over the last 28 years multiple times, and yet we still have a subsection of the fandom that is too terrified to ever try what these other, more successful franchises do.
They've taken on Jerry's mindset. Simply being competitive in the regular season is enough, and bar will never be raised any higher than that.

Eddie

Reaction score
Why are we afraid to re-do 1989 again? Dump all the horrible contracts, and trade/cut anyone who won't help us 2-3 years down the line. Get young, stock up picks, and eat that 1-16 season. Build from there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The reason the people who do not want Dak back is because they realize the absurd amount of overvaluing people give Dak when thinking about wins/losses with Dallas. Abbot and Costello May be dumb, but they have ultimately hit it big with some selections and have amassed a good deal of talent. The team has proven it can beat many other teams without Dak-which means they are just a stronger team in general than lots of other clubs in other areas. It would not be as big of a drop as say KC without Mahomes. I don’t know how that is not obvious to everyone that watches the Cowboys.
abbott and costello have missed more on selections than they have hit. the core of this team is weak and its a top heavy team. abbott and costello don't know how to build a team. I don't think there is a good deal of talent on this team outside of top 3,4 and then the problem is there is a huge gap to next level of talent.

and the team beat other teams without Dak having a defense that allowed 13 points a game. give me that defense and we can make it to the championship game with Ben Dennucci.

and I am not supporting to keep or drop Dak. the fact of the matter is abbott and costello have failed in identifying QB talent. have not drafted any except token picks in the 6th and 7th round and UDFAs. abbott and costello have had 28 years to build a team and they have failed. Dak, Romo, Bledsoe and so on.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

I wish i could like this post more than once

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Dak is a playoff choker. The team has peaked with him at QB. The franchise needs to take its medicine, absorb the rest of Daks absurd contract, and hit the reset button.
Exactly right. But they won't because they know, deep down, they were lucky to find Dak and this new version of 'success' in the first place.

An actual GM would confidently source another QB. The Joneses sign Drew Henson.

Chasing6

Reaction score

He will resign McCarthy at the end of the year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Dak haters are obsessed with hating on Dak. It was the same for Romo. The Dak Stans blame CeeDee and Parsons. The rest blame MM and Quinn.The problem with Cowboys is the Joneses. They need to step down from their posts. I hope for once the media will actually go after them. Broaddus half way said it but backed down by kissing Jerry’s booty. The national media has to attack.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As long as the Forbes list doesnt change, Jerry thinks we had a good season
exactly. Jerry is focused on appeasing the fringe fans, who like football more for the entertainment value than the hard core fans who will watch no matter what. that was his way of expanding the pie and making more money. its not about post season wins. its about regular season experience, which leads to Jersey sales, stadium sales and merchandise sales. post season is focused on ardent die hard fans, many of who don't really spend money.

Jerry then goes into offseason, generates hope. the casual fans go, hey we look great. looking forward to another winning season. the ardent fans say, maybe this is the year. and the cycle continues.

I guarantee you that Jerry is going to make a splash signing. watch the response from the fanbase, and then perhaps make another signing.
its all about the money. he didn't let garrett go until his contract ran out, as if he did, he would have to pay him. he didn't let mccarthy go, because he would have to pay him and the coaches. so he is going to run the course. do his usual feel good speech and the cycle continues.

nothing is going to change. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE. same off season for the past 28 years. and that's going to continue. guaranteed.