49ers are the blueprint for this team

Creeper

Reaction score
I think chasing blue prints is a big mistake. I think Jerry spent years trying to replicate the team of the 1990s and in the process failed to produce a winning team.

The 49ers have playmakers on offense and they know how to use them. Who are the playmakers on Dallas? Who can they depend on to make a big play? Cooper? CeeDee? Zeke? Maybe the biggest threat is Pollard and they don't use him. Imagine if the 49ers left Deebo on the bench instead of using him in a variety of roles? They use Deebo they best way to get the most out of his skillset. This is where Dallas fails. Pollard has proven he can take a simple toss and run for a TD. Zeke cannot do that. Teams have to fear Pollard's speed. They do not fear Zeke.

But back to my original question, who are the Cowboys playmakers on offense? And how do the Cowboys use their "playmakers"? Schultz is probably the most dependable skill position player on the Cowboys offense but he is good ofr at most 10 yards.

On defense the 49ers do it the old fashioned but also the proven way. They built a dominant front 7 and they stop the run and rush the passer. That makes their suspect secondary far more effective than it should be. The Cowboys have neglected their interior DL for years. Sure, they have used a second round pick here and there or a couple of 3rd round picks. Jerry has always drafted for flash. CBs, DEs and LBs, but no DTs. Not since Russell Maryland have the Cowboys drafted a DT in the first round. Is it coincidence that over the same period the Cowboys have not won an NFC championship or even played in the NFCC game? Maybe it is.
And imagine DeForest Buckner playing for the Cowboys? Would Jerry ever make a trade like that to then draft Javon Kinlaw? Kinlaw is out with an injury so we don't know yet if he is a difference maker. But that was a gutsy trade the 49ers made. Jerry would simply overpay Buckner, but more likely he never would have drafted him in the first place. The point is the 49ers kept the focus on their DL even when they had a good DL.

A championship teams needs at least once guy who can pressure the QB from the middle of the defense or stuff the run. If you don't have 1 stud, you need two semi-studs. Dallas has none of that.

Gameover

Reaction score
Because they have a better coach.

This was not their intention - this happened by accident. They made Garoppolo the highest-paid QB in the league in 2018. They did that because they thought he could be the best QB in the league. It turns out he wasn't, but they were still able to find a way to build a power running team around him to mask his deficiencies. That has more to do with Shanahan and his scheme than anything else.
Cowboys had a power running team… until the guy behind it wasn’t good enough for the locals

fivetwos

Reaction score
he also thought he had an undrafted gem!
Two things Jerry Jones doesn't believe in.....

Coaching matters.

Investing a high pick in a QB.

(Aikman doesn't count. He was in their lap and obvious....and a different lifetime ago)

I mean, how much more dumb can one really be?

But hey the money rolls in hand over fist so it continues.

Winning in SPITE of management is very difficult to do.

Saddle up for a decade of dorky Kellen Moore trying to lead an NFL locker room.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Schultz is glitz and glamour? Wow. Who knew

I would categorize Schultz as an overachiever, but what do I know.
By that I mean...he is not physical. He cannot block inline. He cannot block in space. He simply is SCHEMED open and catches the ball. Not saying catching the ball is not important part of the job...but he will demand a big paycheck in free agency...and I don't see him benefiting a team that needs to run the ball.