49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He's 29 and under contract through 2022.
His cap numbers the next few years would be:
2017 - $6.75M
2018 - $8.7M
2019 - $2.55M
2020 - $5.85M
2021 - $7.65M
2022 - $8.5M

He'll probably cost more than the Cowboys would be willing to give up. Plus, it would be admitting Jaylon Smith wasn't ready.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Unfortunately this "price is right" game has gotten the team into their current predicament. If Bowman is an upgrade, do it, if not then continue to look at other ways to improve.
Exactly. Being cheap and overestimating the in house options are why we are sitting at 2-3 and have one of the worst defenses in the league.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately this "price is right" game has gotten the team into their current predicament. If Bowman is an upgrade, do it, if not then continue to look at other ways to improve.
OK, what are you willing to give up for a 29-year old MLB Coming off an Achilles injury? Whatever San Francisco wants?

xvendettax914

Reaction score
OK, what are you willing to give up for a 29-year old MLB Coming off an Achilles injury? Whatever San Francisco wants?

Middle to late round pick would seem fair to me but I haven't a clue what SF wants so its tough to answer.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yeah. He is worth nothing long term. If the club can get a good young, healthy, player I am all for it. Taking on old players with bloated contracts and injuries are what kills clubs. If you want to look at what misguided over spending on FA looks like...have a good look at the Giants. We all know that wanting FA's to come in and save the club is an emotional reaction...but it seldom works out the way we want.