49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If we could get him for very little, I'd be for it. He's on his downside but he's a ton better than where Jaylon is right now. I think Smith will end up fine but he needs to be back on the "bring along slowly" plan.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Yeah. He is worth nothing long term. If the club can get a good young, healthy, player I am all for it. Taking on old players with bloated contracts and injuries are what kills clubs. If you want to look at what misguided over spending on FA looks like...have a good look at the Giants. We all know that wanting FA's to come in and save the club is an emotional reaction...but it seldom works out the way we want.
Exactly. We been down this road before.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Interesting, I came here bc I saw the headline on ESPN. I don't follow the 49ers - I know a few years ago he looked like a dang werewolf on the field but he's had a bad injury that usually saps athlete's abilities

Don't we have a 4th rounder and 3 5th rounders coming as comp picks next year? I guess a 5th would seem worth it if he's healthy?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I admittedly haven't watched him closely the last couple years following his injuries with the 9ers being awful. Is he still a good player?

movaughn88

Reaction score
I admittedly haven't watched him closely the last couple years following his injuries with the 9ers being awful. Is he still a good player?

This was my question. His PFF grade for 2017 seems to be a 45, which is "poor" o_O

He was a monster about 3-4 years ago but achilles injuries are historically hard to overcome.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If it was me, yes...I'd make a move to bring him in. But knowing the Cowboys, this isn't their style. They will find some bargain bin no-name scrub

DiResta

Reaction score
hell yes hes still good lol
they have Foster so hes expendable plus hes Lees age i think
they were teammates at Penn State

Lee and Bowman are a dream combo

5 years ago

weakest part of your defense
becomes the strongest