49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Him playing will not hurt his health.....no matter if he rests or not....he will be fully healthy by 2018....that's always been the case. Him sitting out now won't speed up the process.
Playing won't help the nerve and it won't help the Cowboys.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Bowman is apparently visiting the Raiders, looks like deal could be announced as soon as Monday.

Dallas had already made their move to improve LB core a couple days before Bowman was released by signing a LB most had never heard of before.
It's the Cowboy way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Playing won't help the nerve and it won't help the Cowboys.

Playing won't hurt the nerve either....and he's not hurting the Cowboys on defense anymore than the rest of those guys are.

90% of his problem is physical.

Hopefully the nerve continues to regenerate.

He's a rookie....or a 2nd year pro.....the last time he played on the football field it was at Notre Dame.....you think he's up to game speed mentally?

T-RO

Reaction score
Bowman is in decline. I want players on the rise.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing won't hurt the nerve either....and he's not hurting the Cowboys on defense anymore than the rest of those guys are.

He's a rookie....or a 2nd year pro.....the last time he played on the football field it was at Notre Dame.....you think he's up to game speed mentally?

He is not better than the incumbent starter from the past couple of years (Hitchens). He has not even been better than Durant or Wilson.

Do you study the games or game film (All-22) ?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
90% of his problem is physical.

Hopefully the nerve continues to regenerate.

He is not better than the incumbent starter from the past couple of years (Hitchens). He has not even been better than Durant or Wilson.

Do you study the games or game film (All-22) ?

I don't have to study the All-22 to understand how the NFL works. You don't worse by getting NFL experience.

My point is....those guys aren't playing that much better than he is for me to sit him on the bench until next season.

If the nerve or injury is getting worse? I'd agree. But from everything I read....its not getting worse. Its also evident that everything wrong with him isn't just the injury. He hasn't caught up to the NFL yet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't have to study the All-22 to understand how the NFL works. You don't worse by getting NFL experience.

My point is....those guys aren't playing that much better than he is for me to sit him on the bench until next season.

If the nerve or injury is getting worse? I'd agree. But from everything I read....its not getting worse. Its also evident that everything wrong with him isn't just the injury. He hasn't caught up to the NFL yet.

How can you possibly know how he is playing relative to the others if you don't spend any time studying the games?

If the Cowboys get to the point of being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, then it would be reasonable to play Jaylon.

kumizi

Reaction score
So how on earth does he get better if he's not getting on the field? He's just going to wake up one day with experience?
He doesn’t until his nerve regenerates and he can play without the brace. Until then, I don’t care.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How can you possibly know how he is playing relative to the others if you don't spend any time studying the games?

If the Cowboys get to the point of being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, then it would be reasonable to play Jaylon.
I don't need to watch film to know he sucks out there.....I wasn't insinuating he was playing well. The logic behind not playing him because he sucks is what I disagree with.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't need to watch film to know he sucks out there.....I wasn't insinuating he was playing well. The logic behind not playing him because he sucks is what I disagree with.

Then you are saying they should tank this season.

coult44

Reaction score
Again, what are you willing to give up for a 29 – year old linebacker coming off an Achilles injury? A player nobody else wanted to trade for and who is so good as it turns out that San Francisco didn’t even want him on their roster. Have you seen the guy play since he returned from his injury? Do you even know if he can play, or are you just interested in throwing a bunch of money at a player to be throwing a bunch of money at a player? It’s kind of immaterial now, him being on the street and all, but just what do big spenders like you fork over for older players with injury histories and fat contracts? Me, i’m glad my team didn’t give San Francisco whatever they wanted for a player they were going to release anyway.

If you wouldn't have gave up a 6th rounder for him, it's not worth discussing with you .
I'm not one to give up big time FA money buddy: That's not me even a little. With that being said, our philosophy of bargain hunting has failed miserabley for two and a half decades!!!You have to find a balance somewhere in the middle

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Lets hope he leaves the Raiders w/o a contract and actually visits us.