49ers vs Cowboys Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hell, look at the Packers.

I think the QB and maybe 2 OL are the only constants at this point.
If you had watched Monday Night Football you would of seen how the refs literally handed the game to GB, again.

Rodgers is declining. Therefore he cries more and more. I literally can't stand that guy.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
each year someone comes up with an example as troll moment for the hot team.. the year before it was the Jags and what happened , one 10 win season and now a collapse..fire sale..end of last year it was all about how CLE knows their stuff and has passed the Cowboys..year after year after year.. like some above said , since 2016 theres been no real reason to rebuild , we had a new core , a bunch of new players, basically where San Fran is now and just made it to the 2nd round of the layoffs last year.. we are winning division etc.. I mean San fran is not head to head in rebuilding phases , we have from 2013-20-19 turned over nearly the entire roster that was from the Romo Era... they are behind us in the NEED and the timing of a reason to implode and rebuild..

we are not there, we just did that after romo.. rosters from 2015 to now for us is nearly entirely turned over..

this year is 6 games in, the story is not over.. have not we had 6-0 teams collapse before and teams like colts and cowboys that started 3-5 somehow ended better?

its funny how fans here can take anything now drum up stats and what not to fit a narrative but be so far off base its sad..

look it hasn't been pretty but lets get real...its not like they've done nothing, they rebuilt it just didnt feel like it because we are struggling to get back to NFCCG still but the core of this team has been assembled since 2016, they've had 3 years to have their shot.. stop judging the current team and players by the old coaches and FO..
This forum lives to be miserable.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
If you had watched Monday Night Football you would of seen how the refs literally handed the game to GB, again.

Rodgers is declining. Therefore he cries more and more. I literally can't stand that guy.
Not trying to argue with you about something not particularly important to me, but this team literally beat the brakes off of us. They're 5-1.

As a Cowboy fan, I am in no position to comment on any player on an opposing team declining.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We had our shot more than once. Teams go to the playoffs go to the Super Bowl. And you don't hear for them again for two or three more seasons. That's just the way the NFL is. We're not done yet. Took a long time for the 49ers to come back from the Jim Harbaugh era

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's just the rotation that keeps happening in the NFL.

Bigdog

Reaction score
To be fair when you drafting in the top 10 or 5 for the past 5-7 years I would hope you can turn it around. Also when your salary cap is not affected by players who are not on the roster you can get guys in FA. I do understand what you saying though. Maybe their process is better than ours.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Hell, look at the Packers.

I think the QB and maybe 2 OL are the only constants at this point.
Packers: Grab 3 free agent starters (Amos and both Smiths) and there defense jumps over 10 place in the rankings.

Cowboys: We don't believe free agency works, "we like the guys we have we'll just out-draft everyone and that's it"

It's almost comical how bad it's gotten.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Half of the starters from the Cowboys 2016 roster are gone. Yes, 11 players. It's not like there have been zero changes to the roster.
I do understand what everyone is saying though.
That's crazy that 11 starters gone and they've only snagged 1 free agent to replace those 11.

The "we like our guys" mentality is killing this team. Smart teams cut Crawford and use that 6 million to literally buy 2 DT's better than your current ones (6 million buys Danny Shelton with your choice of Hankins, Brown, or Hunt).

Instead it's "let's replace 10 starters with JAGS or draft projects"

75boyz

Reaction score
Undereaction. Dallas has been a non-contender for championships since 1996. Dallas is one of three NFC teams that has not appeared in the conference championship game over that period. Lets see what Dallas does about their coaching deficiency before we act as if San Francisco is not currently the better organization. I'm in no way trying to take up for that team from No Cal, but Dallas has been hot garbage in the playoffs for close to a quarter century.

All true, good call bro.

Zordon

Reaction score
They flipped the entire roster top to bottom, changed offenses and defenses and made the Super Bowl. Meanwhile the consistency in Dallas got us nowhere. Well done Jerry, well done.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They flipped the entire roster top to bottom, changed offenses and defenses and made the Super Bowl. Meanwhile the consistency in Dallas got us nowhere. Well done Jerry, well done.

But we're keeping the same terminology and make our offensive-minded new head coach change.

We've got this.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Other than the coaches etc.

Their process has been to suck really bad, get top 5 or 10 draft picks and retool.

Meanwhile, Dallas, like other teams has been stuck in mediocrity and drafting outside the top 15 most years.

Status
Not open for further replies.