4th down play shows Cowboys predictability remains

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Watching the analysis of the 4th and 3 play, it's evident that teams know our tendencies because the Safety knew seemed to decipher the route for Lamb and was able to get to the right location to prevent the 1st down.
That goes to Moore for not changing things up and not updating the routes.
But, if Dak leads Lamb instead of causing him to stop his momentum by throwing the ball to his mid section, he may have been able to get the 1st down.
I thought the same thing, dak threw the ball to the wrong spot and lamb had to stop to catch it.
Or if you run your route beyond the sticks you get a first down.
yeah this was what john madden always said, but todays coaches did not hear that lol, cause I see that alot.
Witten did same thing for a decade lol.
To me that is poor coaching from position coach , kellen, and MM

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I really think if we hand that off that Elliot gets it.
yeah should have kicked the fg, but if your going to gamble, a run or pitch to elliot, or even a pass to him had a better chance of success.
But no they run a odd play to a rookie in his first game , and dalton S has not been playing, so that had a very low chance of success.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Well according to Rodgers he didn’t like pre snap motion and nether did MM.

Flamma

Reaction score
Watching the analysis of the 4th and 3 play, it's evident that teams know our tendencies because the Safety knew seemed to decipher the route for Lamb and was able to get to the right location to prevent the 1st down.
But, if Dak leads Lamb instead of causing him to stop his momentum by throwing the ball to his mid section, he may have been able to get the 1st down.

Easier said than done when Zach Martin is being bull rushed right back into you.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
The stop had nothing to do with them predicting the play, and everything to do with the fact that Schultz didn't get his route deep enough.

Schultz goes another 2 yards, it doesn't matter if the safety knows the play is coming or not.

My gosh thank you thank you. Finally someone posting with some kind of football knowledge. I was screaming at the tv when that play happened.

glimmerman

Reaction score
yeah should have kicked the fg, but if your going to gamble, a run or pitch to elliot, or even a pass to him had a better chance of success.
But no they run a odd play to a rookie in his first game , and dalton S has not been playing, so that had a very low chance of success.
Maybe that’s part of the new scheme. Lol.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Looked to me like the safety would not have made the stop and Lamb would have had a first down if the ball got out earlier or Lamb ran the route a yard deeper. EXECUTION!