5 Days

Roughneck

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Pssst....

Does anyone know that the Texans Franchise has YET to win...Back to Back games? :eek:
No way.

They've been in the League 2 whole years and haven't even won Back to Back games? That is sad.

TEXANS84

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Pssst....

Does anyone know that the Texans Franchise has YET to win...Back to Back games? :eek:

Psssst...Does anyone know that the Cowboys are 0-1 against the Texans?

Roughneck

Reaction score
TEXANS84 said:
Speaking of sad, how pathetic is it that Houston fans hang their entire Franchise's achievements around one win their first year in the League? You have nothing else better to say about your team's on the field accomplishments other than one measely little victory over a Dave Campo-coached 5-11 Football Team?

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Texan fans talking smack to Cowboys fans is like France bragging to the US about their military achievements. :rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TEXANS84 said:

If your crowning moment as a franchise is that you beat the cowboys once....well that tells of how bad your team is, and how much time and effort you put into the cowboys...after all....you are on a dallas BB posting right now.

TLW47

Reaction score
Check any Texans board.

They spend as much time talking about the Titans and Cowboys as they do the Texans.

The Titans I can see. Same division, the old "Oilers" and all that.

The Cowboys I can't see. Not even in the same conference, they play every 4 years or whatever, a meaningless preseason game every year.

Why should/do they care at all what the Boys do?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TLW47 said:
Check any Texans board.

They spend as much time talking about the Titans and Cowboys as they do the Texans.

The Titans I can see. Same division, the old "Oilers" and all that.

The Cowboys I can't see. Not even in the same conference, they play every 4 years or whatever, a meaningless preseason game every year.

Why should/do they care at all what the Boys do?

The strive to even come close to having one tenth of the success the cowboys have had over it's long and glorious history.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Overalls said:
Well, we won as many playoff games, last year as ya'll did Roughneck, remember the first round blow out at Carolina, and I'm willing to guess we'll win as many as ya'll this year also. Of course I think our chances of getting to the playoffs this year are better than ya'lls. ;)
Yes, I'd expect as much from a former oiler fan...

SacredStar

Reaction score
I think the Texans will do pretty good this year, and they have the coaching and talent to even make the playoffs.

As far as their fans smacking the Cowboys fans on their win last season, I guess I'm used to that.......after all, this is a Texas rivalry and the new kids on the block knocked off the old pro's.

That's the life we live being a fan of the most popular and successful sports franchise in the world. We are America's Team and proud of it.

So congrats on the win last year , we now have another rivalry outside of the division and let's see who fares better.

My bet is on Dallas.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
It was an embarrassing loss for the Cowboys

I don't think it was an embarrasing lose for the Cowboys what I think was embarrasing is that we played very sloppy in that game still managed to atleast tie the game at 10-10, but then made the worst mistake of all
and that was placing the game in the hands of QC to try and win it all.

something that was not a wise choice knowing how inconsistant he is from
1 minute to the next, but that was Dave Campo's call so IMO he should
take some of the brunt for the lose.

But then Houstons failure to win another game and losing 5 straight before gettin that second win, kinda made me wonder is there week 1 win over us
a fluke?

I have debated that issue and everyone knows that regular season wins really have no meaning any ways, because if it fails to get you atleast into the post season or winning the super bowl those wins really have no ground
to stand on!

both teams in 2002 had no real ground to stand on Dallas improved and IMO Houston didn't, so it would hard to convince me that there week 1 was not a fluke

Bizwah

Reaction score
Actually, we have the Texans to thank for two very important things.

First and foremost, the acquisition of Bill Parcells. How? Well, JJ had been doing things "his way" since Jimmy left and he had the habit of picking coaches that were mere "yes" men.

The loss to the Texans was the embarrassment that JJ needed to "wake up" from his dream state. I understand that the Texan game was the first of the year, but I think it was the game that got to JJ the most.

JJ realized we needed a great coach, and the door opened for Parcells.

Secondly, the Texans gave us potentially our franchise QB for a mere song. I think it's possible that ten years from now, the Texans will be saying, "we traded the wrong QB". And, even if they don't and Carr turns out to be great, hopefully Henson will turn out to be the QB we've been waiting for since number 8 retired.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Actually, we have the Texans to thank for two very important things.

First and foremost, the acquisition of Bill Parcells. How? Well, JJ had been doing things "his way" since Jimmy left and he had the habit of picking coaches that were mere "yes" men.

The loss to the Texans was the embarrassment that JJ needed to "wake up" from his dream state. I understand that the Texan game was the first of the year, but I think it was the game that got to JJ the most.

JJ realized we needed a great coach, and the door opened for Parcells.

Secondly, the Texans gave us potentially our franchise QB for a mere song. I think it's possible that ten years from now, the Texans will be saying, "we traded the wrong QB". And, even if they don't and Carr turns out to be great, hopefully Henson will turn out to be the QB we've been waiting for since number 8 retired.

I don't think we should credit them for helping us get rid of Dave Campo and getting Bill Parcells, I think Jerry was gonna let Campo go no matter how the season went for us!

Campo's failure to get it done in 2 seasons was not winning him any favors IMO, first year I can see transition gettin the players to learn a new system,
but in his second year there is no excuse why that team can't atleast be better even if they win one game more and instead of 5 wins they have 6.

I doubt in the end it would have mattered any ways but I think by that time Jerry said to him self it's time I get a real coach in here this guy isn't gettin it done for the Dallas Cowboys! and for once I agree if there is sign of life left
in the team and players don't respond to what a coach is telling you.

that tells me that he's not a very good coach to begin with and the players have no respect and won't play for a guy like that

so Campos days were all ready numbered long before the lose to Houston occured

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
According to the logic used in your last post TX Cowboy, you discredit the post you had before it. You stated that the Texans did not improve from year one to year two, but we did win one more game in year two than year one. In your last post you stated Campos should have improved by at least one game during his tenure. Thus according to your own words ONE win is an improvement. You have negated your other post. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Leave it to texans to talk smack about a preseason game, what losers...

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Overalls said:
According to the logic used in your last post TX Cowboy, you discredit the post you had before it. You stated that the Texans did not improve from year one to year two, but we did win one more game in year two than year one. In your last post you stated Campos should have improved by at least one game during his tenure. Thus according to your own words ONE win is an improvement. You have negated your other post. :D

Not really because Campo didn't improve he was still the same 5-11 coach that had the same record 2 seasons prior to his 2002 season opener against Houston.

maybe I was being a little kinder then I would normally like to a coach like Campo, but my point was that Campo was out the door he had not advanced past 5 wins and wishfull thinking wasn't goin to change that this was still a bad Cowboys team coming in.

depsite there draft IMO the talent had all ready given up on Dave so Campo was all ready a dead man long before the season even began

TEXANS84

Reaction score
capt.1031531275.cowboys_texans_htt105.jpg

2 days and counting.....

TLW47

Reaction score
That sign is well made.

Totally unoriginal but well made.

Actually whenever I need a good laugh I will come here and see how much stock is put in a preseason game by Texans fans. The "3 days and counting" "2 days and counting" stuff is so funny.

Of course there is nary a mention of how the Cowboys smacked them around last preseason. But then again that was PRESEASON.

And this is...oh wait a minute....this is a PRESEASON game.

There will be more people there worrying about their beer intake than the score.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
That sign is well made.

Totally unoriginal but well made.

Actually whenever I need a good laugh I will come here and see how much stock is put in a preseason game by Texans fans. The "3 days and counting" "2 days and counting" stuff is so funny.

Of course there is nary a mention of how the Cowboys smacked them around last preseason. But then again that was PRESEASON.

And this is...oh wait a minute....this is a PRESEASON game.

There will be more people there worrying about their beer intake than the score.

You know if you count the number games Dallas has played against Houston both in preseason and regular season, Dallas very easily leads the series with the most number of wins.

but of course preseason has no meaning to it any ways since none of the games really count, unless your keeping score for your own peronsal stat tracker.

so Houston fans can count down the days till the game all they want but I am just looking for how our players do

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TEXANS84 said:
capt.1031531275.cowboys_texans_htt105.jpg

2 days and counting.....

Your not going to have banana pants when the day finally gets here are you?