5 head coach openings left

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Jerry fired DQ at this point. If that were the play they should be interviewing his replacements now and not playing the waiting game. I also struggle to see the Cowboys getting an established DC to come to the Cowboys with MM not getting an extension. No one wants to be a DC on a 1 year deal. Now Jerry in theory could give a DC like a Vrabel a multi year deal with a hand shake agreement that hes the next HC if they move on from MM, but that opens another can of worms altogether.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
That post yesterday about Buffalo and Belicheck would make a lot of sense.

Reid seemed to go out of his way to slobber over McDermott and the job he doesin his post presser. As if Reid might know McDermott about to be fired.

Buffalo is near FoxBorrogh. Buffalo has talent and a QB. Bill doesnt have to uproot.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That post yesterday about Buffalo and Belicheck would make a lot of sense.

Reid seemed to go out of his way to slobber over McDermott and the job he doesin his post presser. As if Reid might know McDermott about to be fired.

Buffalo is near FoxBorrogh. Buffalo has talent and a QB. Bill doesnt have to uproot.
And Bill gets his revenge against a down Pats team twice a year. Could easily be why he hasn't been named the Falcons HC yet.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Quinn will be a close call........Seattle is still his best chance IMO.

Just me, but I still don't see him returning if he doesn't an HC job. I see Jerry letting him out of his contract to take a DC job with another team.

vrabel will go with us or BB

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Jerry fired DQ at this point. If that were the play they should be interviewing his replacements now and not playing the waiting game. I also struggle to see the Cowboys getting an established DC to come to the Cowboys with MM not getting an extension. No one wants to be a DC on a 1 year deal. Now Jerry in theory could give a DC like a Vrabel a multi year deal with a hand shake agreement that hes the next HC if they move on from MM, but that opens another can of worms altogether.
we get a new coach, what if he doesn't want him? We did that for MM and Kellen moore! I say Bill B goes away from football for a year and comes back to dallas!!!!

Gambit

Reaction score
A DC who wants a HC shot would take a yr deal. If he gets D over the hump and team makes championship game they know they a shot somewhere

Majic

Reaction score
Marcus Mosher knows his stuff, but he is way out here with his post. Yesterday on his podcast he thought there was a 5% chance Quinn DID NOT get a HC job

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Probably not but my point I'm not sure Quinn wanna come back for the same reason mentioned regarding MM getting s quality DC. Think about it, if you have a couple of DC offers in your back pocket ( if you can get out that last year ), what would you rather do, return to a lame-duck coach or take a new job with a new 3-5 year contract? Keep in mind, that this is a time when all coaches looking for as much security for their families as possible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After the games against AZ, SF, Buffalo and GB, can’t say I’ll miss Quinn if he leaves. Although our defense ranked 5th it was fading as the season went on and didn’t show up in the big games. We have to fix our run defense. We need some size.

quickccc

Reaction score

Just me, but I still don't see him returning if he doesn't an HC job. I see Jerry letting him out of his contract to take a DC job with another team.

What well reputed, experienced DC is out there and available now that's better than Quinn ?

One that would be well schemed to Parson's role ?

Because Quinn is getting as many interviews vs the last 2 years makes me think he's ready to settle in as
a new HC.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Probably not but my point I'm not sure Quinn wanna come back for the same reason mentioned regarding MM getting s quality DC. Think about it, if you have a couple of DC offers in your back pocket ( if you can get out that last year ), what would you rather do, return to a lame-duck coach or take a new job with a new 3-5 year contract? Keep in mind, that this is a time when all coaches looking for as much security for their families as possible.
Fair point, but if I'm DQ I'm going back to the defense that has Micah Parsons, Trevon Diggs, and Daron Bland for 2024 if I cant get a HC role. I'm also sticking with the team that will likely have 5+ primetime games and be the lead on every sports show in america week after week. We will see how it plays out though.

Cwby41

Reaction score
I know alot of us are knocking the jock off DQ but remember what we were before he came here. Also we did not do ourselves any favors by not helping him with players, I know we have a cap but it was evident that we needed bigger bodies up front to stop the run and we needed to address LB especially when LVE went down. He fillled in the LB pos with safeteies and guys off the street.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I think teams are just going to go into the direction of signing an offensive minded head coach for their young quarterback. Falcons don't have one but I think they draft a young QB this year. Seattle doesn't....which is why I think that's Quinn's best shot. Him or Vrabel.

Some dog *** teams man Cowboys could've had their choice of any of these coaches probably.