5 head coach openings left

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
We need a Vrabel... mental toughness is lacking on this team
wont matter, he's gonna set the tone 5 spots down from Leadership? Jerry, Stephen, McClay, McCarthy...hell maybe even Charlotte and Jean?
Great coach, but cant affect change here as DC

kevm3

Reaction score
This organization operates in such a pathetic fashion. We're 'waiting' on a DC who just let a qb on a rookie contract have a perfect QB rating to decide to return before we make any moves. What does our FO even do?

Vabchshark

Reaction score
I hate to say the Cowboys need Vrabel, but they really do. A former LB himself he understand the importance of beefing up the D. Especially in the middle.

Also I hope the Cowboys can keep Harris.
I agree, Vrabel would be a very good hire. I think Harris stays as he has a relationship with McCarthy.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This organization operates in such a pathetic fashion. We're 'waiting' on a DC who just let a qb on a rookie contract have a perfect QB rating to decide to return before we make any moves. What does our FO even do?
So, you think we should have outright fired Quinn a week ago?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Quinn will be a close call........Seattle is still his best chance IMO.

Just me, but I still don't see him returning if he doesn't an HC job. I see Jerry letting him out of his contract to take a DC job with another team.

Why? What new DC would want to join McCarthy on potentially a 1 year deal. It would force an internal promotion.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the games against AZ, SF, Buffalo and GB, can’t say I’ll miss Quinn if he leaves. Although our defense ranked 5th it was fading as the season went on and didn’t show up in the big games. We have to fix our run defense. We need some size.
Ask yourself how many points our offense scored in the 1st 3 quarters of the above games you posted.
Defense cant win every game..................

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Does Dan Quinn have one year left on his contract here or none?
SIAP.
His contract as our DC expires 2025......he has 3 options to get out of it
* Head coaching job......no approval from Jerry is required
* Jerry gives him permission to interview for another DC job ( meaning he can still return as our DC if no one hires him)
* Jerry fires him
He CAN NOT speak with another team about a DC opening WITHOUT Jerry's approval

Mannix

Reaction score
Dean Spanos not bragging about how he would write any check if he knew it would bring a Super Bowl…he’s just silently gonna do it…props to him, and a big blank you to Booger for refusing to payoff the conman 5 million and move on…we can’t believe one thing that comes out of your mouth. That tells the zillions of cowboys fans around the globe that the 15 Chargers fans in LA deserve the absolute best more than we do…and that is pathetic!!!

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
His contract as our DC expires 2025......he has 3 options to get out of it
* Head coaching job......no approval from Jerry is required
* Jerry gives him permission to interview for another DC job ( meaning he can still return as our DC if no one hires him)
* Jerry fires him
He CAN NOT speak with another team about a DC opening WITHOUT Jerry's approval
Thank you!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
wont matter, he's gonna set the tone 5 spots down from Leadership? Jerry, Stephen, McClay, McCarthy...hell maybe even Charlotte and Jean?
Great coach, but cant affect change here as DC
after Bill and MM I'm not sure the HC can change much....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Dan Quinn isn't accepted as a HC with one of the teams seeking help in that vocation. If not, we could likely do far worse than to keep him employed as our DC. Jerry would most likely be quite pleased to take him back in his current role as DC. Maybe he's learned something valuable in the playoffs this year and would consider doing things differently in the future. He may even be in line to take a HC post with the Cowboys in the future if Mike McCarthy falters next year. I could readily picture Jerry doing that.

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Me thinks i would be banned from this forum if i told you what FO stands for here, and it ain't Front Office. :muttley: