5 head coach openings left

slick325

Reaction score
Vrabel to the Panthers?

I suspect Belichick goes to the Falcons, Ben Johnson to the Commanders, Harbaugh to the Chargers and Quinn to the Seahawks.

If McDermott is let go I would be surprised and it would throw a monkey wrench in the coaching carousel. He would be a good DC choice in Dallas. But, would he take the job knowing that the HC is in a lame duck year and the whole staff may be let go after the 2024 season?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know alot of us are knocking the jock off DQ but remember what we were before he came here. Also we did not do ourselves any favors by not helping him with players, I know we have a cap but it was evident that we needed bigger bodies up front to stop the run and we needed to address LB especially when LVE went down. He fillled in the LB pos with safeteies and guys off the street.
I was in favor of getting Quinn before I found out they were bringing everyone back. We NEED Quinn now. Make no mistake about it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Vrabel to the Panthers?

I suspect Belichick goes to the Falcons, Ben Johnson to the Commanders, Harbaugh to the Chargers and Quinn to the Seahawks.

If McDermott is let go I would be surprised and it would throw a monkey wrench in the coaching carousel. He would be a good DC choice in Dallas. But, would he take the job knowing that the HC is in a lame duck year and the whole staff may be let go after the 2024 season?
Pretty good assumptions here. Bills job opening up would change some things.....

slick325

Reaction score
Regarding Vrabel, if he doesn't get the job he wants or misses out on all of the jobs, would he join Belichick as Assistant HC/DC for a year? Maybe he waits and hits the 2025 market which could likely include the Dallas Cowboys.

quickccc

Reaction score
Fair point, but if I'm DQ I'm going back to the defense that has Micah Parsons, Trevon Diggs, and Daron Bland for 2024 if I cant get a HC role. I'm also sticking with the team that will likely have 5+ primetime games and be the lead on every sports show in america week after week. We will see how it plays out though.
if i'm DC, and I cannot get HC jobs i'm interviewing for, with my career resume, then I would have to wonder what concerns i have that i'm not more qualified or appealing to get any of the available HC jobs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fair point, but if I'm DQ I'm going back to the defense that has Micah Parsons, Trevon Diggs, and Daron Bland for 2024 if I cant get a HC role. I'm also sticking with the team that will likely have 5+ primetime games and be the lead on every sports show in america week after week. We will see how it plays out though.
Also, and this is just my take......it appears MM carefully chose his words at the last presser when he was asked if he expected Quinn to return.
His response..........He's a valued member of the coaching staff. We will go through the process.....

But we will see what happens......

Majic

Reaction score
if i'm DC, and I cannot get HC jobs i'm interviewing for, with my career resume, then I would have to wonder what concerns i have that i'm not more qualified or appealing to get any of the available HC jobs.
He's missed the boat. He's not getting a HC job this year. His time has been and gone. Last year was his chance.
Where exactly is he going?

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Quinn will be a close call........Seattle is still his best chance IMO.

Just me, but I still don't see him returning if he doesn't an HC job. I see Jerry letting him out of his contract to take a DC job with another team.

Are panthers still considered an NFL team?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe Vrabel goes to Michigan? :omg:

He is young enough to go make more money, get more familiar with the younger players and try the NFL again in a few years or so.

nobody

Reaction score
I think teams are just going to go into the direction of signing an offensive minded head coach for their young quarterback. Falcons don't have one but I think they draft a young QB this year. Seattle doesn't....which is why I think that's Quinn's best shot. Him or Vrabel.

Some dog *** teams man Cowboys could've had their choice of any of these coaches probably.
I doubt it. Some of those coaches would insist on more control than Jerry would want to give up. He even said as much after Parcells that he hated the amount of control he had to give up and likely would never do that again....so why would those coaches want to come here when they know it's a recipe for failure?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I doubt it. Some of those coaches would insist on more control than Jerry would want to give up. He even said as much after Parcells that he hated the amount of control he had to give up and likely would never do that again....so why would those coaches want to come here when they know it's a recipe for failure?
Jane Slater reported Harbaugh and Bellicheck were interested.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
That post yesterday about Buffalo and Belicheck would make a lot of sense.

Reid seemed to go out of his way to slobber over McDermott and the job he doesin his post presser. As if Reid might know McDermott about to be fired.

Buffalo is near FoxBorrogh. Buffalo has talent and a QB. Bill doesnt have to uproot.

True, Buffalo is near foxborough, it’s only a little 7 hour Sunday drive away. 2 hours by plane

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
DQ will be back if he doesn’t get a job as a HC. For starters he’s a high quality coordinator who now because of recency bias here suddenly sucks but still is highly regarded even if he has flaws and 2) it’s hard for Jerry to sell continuity and then fire his entire defensive staff.