Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember, I don't write these!

5 Reasons the Dallas Cowboys Are Legitimate Super Bowl Contenders
Story by Matthew Schmidt, NFL Analysis Network
9/30/24

AA1rurVD.img

Heading into Week 5, the Dallas Cowboys are still looking to put their foot on the accelerator. At times the Cowboys have looked like a playoff-contending team while at other times it’s been a day to forget. Even though the Cowboys may have gotten off to a rocky start, there is still hope for America’s team.

Generally, the month of September can be a slow start for several Super Bowl-contending teams as the season has just begun and things are still falling into place. It would be ideal for Dallas to go on a string of wins now despite the schedule featuring some tough teams in the upcoming weeks.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of reasons for the 2023 NFC East Champions to be considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

1. Dak Prescott’s Continued Good Form
2. Dallas Cowboys’ Receiving Unit Coming Along
3. Special Teams Play
4. Dallas Cowboys’ Defensive Prowess (with Parsons and Bland)
5. Rookie Center Proving His Worth

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=cc7e6f30aa7c49308011e1dbf63927fc&ei=13

slick325

Reaction score
I sure hope the writer is correct. Man, I desperately hope so. They did start slow last season too, right? Right?

Reactions: CWR

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

9/30/24

AA1rurVD.img

Heading into Week 5, the Dallas Cowboys are still looking to put their foot on the accelerator. At times the Cowboys have looked like a playoff-contending team while at other times it’s been a day to forget. Even though the Cowboys may have gotten off to a rocky start, there is still hope for America’s team.

Generally, the month of September can be a slow start for several Super Bowl-contending teams as the season has just begun and things are still falling into place. It would be ideal for Dallas to go on a string of wins now despite the schedule featuring some tough teams in the upcoming weeks.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of reasons for the 2023 NFC East Champions to be considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

3. Special Teams Play

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=cc7e6f30aa7c49308011e1dbf63927fc&ei=13
Boot licking, Jerry minion, homer!!..please, don't share these thoughts.
:muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score

9/30/24

AA1rurVD.img

3. Special Teams Play

LOL the fact be doesn’t mention Parsons is out makes this a real howler.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I’m watching the Lions host the Seahawks and my gosh, our RB room is trash. The RBs tonight are home run hitters, a threat to take it to the house at any time.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
1. Good form doesn't enable a QB to carry his team to a Championship
2. Which unit is coming along? Lamb has been pedestrian,had a crucial turnover and I have no idea who our 2 is
3. Can't really complain
4. Parsons is out, Bland is out for longer....when Bland comes back will he even be effective? See Diggs
5. Indeed but our other Rookie on the line stinks right now and Zach is old

Championship criteria I guess

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After four games the Cowboys don’t even look close to a Super Bowl contender. Amazing how the opinion of the team has changed for some after the win over the Giants. There’s one fan that was trashing the team after the loss to the Ravens, but now he’s pounding his chest, claiming the team will win 11-12 games. :rolleyes: