5 Reasons the Dallas Cowboys Are Legitimate Super Bowl Contenders

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Remember, I don't write these!

Story by Matthew Schmidt, NFL Analysis Network
9/30/24

AA1rurVD.img

Heading into Week 5, the Dallas Cowboys are still looking to put their foot on the accelerator. At times the Cowboys have looked like a playoff-contending team while at other times it’s been a day to forget. Even though the Cowboys may have gotten off to a rocky start, there is still hope for America’s team.

Generally, the month of September can be a slow start for several Super Bowl-contending teams as the season has just begun and things are still falling into place. It would be ideal for Dallas to go on a string of wins now despite the schedule featuring some tough teams in the upcoming weeks.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of reasons for the 2023 NFC East Champions to be considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

1. Dak Prescott’s Continued Good Form
2. Dallas Cowboys’ Receiving Unit Coming Along
3. Special Teams Play
4. Dallas Cowboys’ Defensive Prowess (with Parsons and Bland)
5. Rookie Center Proving His Worth

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=cc7e6f30aa7c49308011e1dbf63927fc&ei=13
I'm at a loss for words about your post, I'll just say 7 wins is going to be a huge stretch for the Boys this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only reason that needs to be listed—

1. If a meteorite strikes the other 49 U.S. states and Dallas is the only team left in the league left standing to be awarded.

Dallas is not winning in any other instance.
Or if they have to play Alabama.

kskboys

Reaction score
After four games the Cowboys don’t even look close to a Super Bowl contender. Amazing how the opinion of the team has changed for some after the win over the Giants. There’s one fan that was trashing the team after the loss to the Ravens, but now he’s pounding his chest, claiming the team will win 11-12 games. :rolleyes:
Right? Silly stuff.

stiletto

Reaction score
Reasons they are not, it's easy to find a bunch

1. Bad DT/NT depth and players
2. Underperforming Safeties
3. Bad tackling
4. Penalties and lack of discipline among many of the players
5. Stupid coaches
6. Dated/stale offensive scheme
7. Sub-standard WR play outside of CeeDee
8. Horrid RB room
9. Rookie's struggling play. Don't really care about this because they can get better.
10. Injuries, could get better, could get worse.
11. Lack of physicality
12. Dak is no longer mobile

I could go on but those are some. The 5 listed by this article are reasons you can win but not a championship by themselves.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I really was shocked at how bad Dallas played against the Saints who have now lost 2 straight . The Baltimore gang unit I can understand to a degree . And like it or not at 28-6 the Cowboys made a game of it unlike Buffalo who got mugged at the Baltimore city line and lost the wallet the credit cards and the cell phone .

I had deja vu with the Saints I thought the Packers were shocking enough .

RonWashington

Reaction score
And SF and Detroit are on the horizon . Cowboy fans will know soon enough one way or another . No Jets Patriots games on the docket .

BHendri5

Reaction score
How people forget, we went through this last season, everyone was complaining about McCarthy play calling, it’s outdated, it’s simple, it’s not creative no imagination, no motion, not trying to get our receivers open.

Well we’re doing the same thing again, because McCarthy has his way of doing things, he said it on the radio last season when those knuckleheads idiots on 105.3 the fan asked him.
His words were in September he’s not going to show everything in October he adds a little more, November he adds more, December he adds more and he adds more by the end of December and then January he’s calling all his plays that worked well and maybe revisiting some that didn’t but the team can execute at that point in the season.
I see a lot of teams putting it all out there early in the season and it’s all on film.
Another thing with the now 17 games and less preseason games and teams ours being one of them not playing our starters the first 3/4 games is really the preseason and once they add that 18th game which I believe will be this coming offseason there will probably be only 2 preseason games.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Remember, I don't write these!

Story by Matthew Schmidt, NFL Analysis Network
9/30/24

AA1rurVD.img

Heading into Week 5, the Dallas Cowboys are still looking to put their foot on the accelerator. At times the Cowboys have looked like a playoff-contending team while at other times it’s been a day to forget. Even though the Cowboys may have gotten off to a rocky start, there is still hope for America’s team.

Generally, the month of September can be a slow start for several Super Bowl-contending teams as the season has just begun and things are still falling into place. It would be ideal for Dallas to go on a string of wins now despite the schedule featuring some tough teams in the upcoming weeks.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of reasons for the 2023 NFC East Champions to be considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

1. Dak Prescott’s Continued Good Form
2. Dallas Cowboys’ Receiving Unit Coming Along
3. Special Teams Play
4. Dallas Cowboys’ Defensive Prowess (with Parsons and Bland)
5. Rookie Center Proving His Worth

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=cc7e6f30aa7c49308011e1dbf63927fc&ei=13
Hell no