Twitter: 5 safeties the Cowboys could dive into free agency for

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Its funny people talk about speed and range. Simmons ran a 4.62 lol but anyway

he has 16 ints in 5 years. I think some get caught up in 40 time yet this game comes down can you make the plays or not? He seems to manage to get himself in position to make the plays for me that matter more than anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Simmons has free agent bust written all over him..not saying I wouldn't be interested but I would not be shocked if his career here was like how Brandon Carr's was......

aikemirv

Reaction score
Williams for 8 to 10, for a player with 13 ints and over 30 PD in 4 seasons? Several sources here in Louisiana are expecting him to get 14 to 15 and a major reason why the Saints are going to have to let him leave!
I wonder how many teams are hurting a bit for cash given the loss of stadium revenues this past year.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Dallas sucks at free agency like pretty much every thing else they do

exciter

Reaction score
I wonder how many teams are hurting a bit for cash given the loss of stadium revenues this past year.
Think many of the teams that are going to be over we’re going to be over regardless. Saints sports radio was discussing not being able to resign Williams last season. On another interesting note the chief’s are supposed to be 19m over next season after coming to a long term deal with Chris Jones. A couple of articles from sports media there are listing Anthony Hitchens as a prime candidate for the chopping block!

pgreptom

Reaction score
Mike picked a safety in the first before so here's to hoping they'll address the position. We need a range safety. Wilson looks like the box is his magical spot.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Keanu Neal is a FA as well and not listed on the OP. IMO-- that has a pretty good chance at happening due to his connection with Quinn, and given Neal's injury history, he may not break the bank. For the record-- I would support the move. He would help the D adapt to Quinn and if he can stay on the field, he is a solid S.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Keanu Neal is a FA as well and not listed on the OP. IMO-- that has a pretty good chance at happening due to his connection with Quinn, and given Neal's injury history, he may not break the bank. For the record-- I would support the move. He would help the D adapt to Quinn and if he can stay on the field, he is a solid S.

Probably a underrated name. Very well could happen if we base it on how they've approached free agency.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We do the same thing every year, then scrape the bargain basement for left overs.

Certainly this year, with a huge quarterback contract upcoming as well as a reduced salary cap overall. It's truly a bad year to be an NFL free agent and I expect a lot of players to sign one year deals in the hopes of hitting an improved market in 2022.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He's a name I like as well, but I keep reading 'strong safety' with his name, and I believe we already have our strong safety in Donovan Wilson.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Certainly this year, with a huge quarterback contract upcoming as well as a reduced salary cap overall. It's truly a bad year to be an NFL free agent and I expect a lot of players to sign one year deals in the hopes of hitting an improved market in 2022.
Great point and probably will prove true.

Problem there is one year deals need to count dollar for dollar on that years cap.

No way to finnagle a lower cap value in year one like teams may need to do.

It'll be interesting to see how much one offsets the other in this market.

I do fully expect to see some surprise releases by several teams this off-season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Earl Thomas is their kind of signing at this point.

Should be cheap and i'm sure they will say they did their homework and feel good about everything.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Priorities on defense should be interior DL and every linebacker position. But yes a replacement for Woods is also needed. As long as we keep Wilson we're not hurting too bad back there.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is their kind of signing at this point.

Should be cheap and i'm sure they will say they did their homework and feel good about everything.
A judge has granted the estranged wife of seven-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas a restraining order following an alleged drunken attack one day after Christmas, according to a report.

This was only a few weeks ago. I thought they may sign him but Earl seems to not be letting up with the drama

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A judge has granted the estranged wife of seven-time Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas a restraining order following an alleged drunken attack one day after Christmas, according to a report.

This was only a few weeks ago. I thought they may sign him but Earl seems to not be letting up with the drama

The issues that caused his exit in Baltimore and no team to sign him are still front and center and haven’t been addressed or corrected.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He's a name I like as well, but I keep reading 'strong safety' with his name, and I believe we already have our strong safety in Donovan Wilson.

If he is an upgrade over Wilson, and Donavan becomes our 3rd S— I am fine. We need to find a centerfielder FS to replace X Woods for sure

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Neal isnt an upgrade by game just name.

Wouldn't take much to be an upgrade over the safeties on our roster. Plus he knows Quinn and the system and can help stabilize the back end with some football IQ. He has also been hurt quite a bit, so how much of his declining play is due to injuries? I'm not saying he is a long term "solution" or even a huge upgrade-- just that he may be able to help us more than a guy like Thompson or X Woods would going forward