5 things from the Giants loss

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
Always nice to hear from a respectful Giants fan. I have to say, even though I live in NY, Giants fans are the most tolerable out of all our division opponents. Enjoy your birthday.
I didn't know we had NY'ers in here like that.

And you're right. Giants fans never came off as obnoxious to me back home.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is there any way we could just forfeit the game….just let you have the win…..that way no one gets injured and we could all rest up for the following week? We have a big game against Commanders and we could sure use the two weeks off.

Nah, a blowout is much more fun to watch than a forfeit. Now, if we lose, we'll take that offer.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
From what? Only thing should be sore is our foot from the stomping we gave them. Little ice and should be good to go!

Definitely wasn't a bad thing that we got to let off the gas some after about midway through the third quarter. Of course, I don't think we could get Parsons to lower his intensity level even if we bound and gagged him.

T-RO

Reaction score
You guys gotta make a decision on Daniel Jones, and I honestly don't know what I'd do on that. He's got something, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Lot of mixed feelings around the league on Jones. One thing to note in fairness: he's never had much for a line, or for receivers. Prior to this year he's had terrible coaches too.

we both know I am telling the truth and am right….you beat us up with Cooper Rush in NY….imagine what you will do with Dak and the Giants minus all those guys I listed as injured….can you say u-g-l-y?

Zebras will ride with you hard though. League will at least want a close game.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Lot of mixed feelings around the league on Jones. One thing to note in fairness: he's never had much for a line, or for receivers. Prior to this year he's had terrible coaches too.

Zebras will ride with you hard though. League will at least want a close game.

well, apparently the zebras wanted Lions to win Sunday because I was disappointed in what I saw and didn’t see….but of course, I’m biased.

Creeper

Reaction score
We’re a much better team and should blow them out

We should have blown out the Packers too. The Cowboys played a great game against the Vikings after losing to the Packers. The Giants will be in the same frame of mind as the Cowboys were. This is a "must win" game if the Cowboys have any chance of winning the division.

I expect the Giants to give the Cowboys a great effort. Of course the Cowboys should win considering all the injuries the Giants have. but they still have to play the game. If they roll out a stinker like they did in the Packers game, they will lose again. I just hope the Cowboys get a spy on Danny Dimes and not let him run for 7 first downs.

Cowboys4lifeGR

Reaction score
thank you…my wife and I have booked an Athens trip in April but I may not go and defer to my daughter instead. We are buying two kittens and I don’t feel good abandoning them when they just get here.
That's great. I hope they make it the islands as well. Athens is very interesting but I wouldn't stay more than 3days... Either way enjoy and safe travels.

plasticman

Reaction score
A typical Cowboys Giants game is slow, sloppy, boring, and close.

I sometimes think their strategy is to lull the Cowboys to sleep halfway through the 3rd quarter so they can sneak in the one big game deciding play.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Is there any way we could just forfeit the game….just let you have the win…..that way no one gets injured and we could all rest up for the following week? We have a big game against Commanders and we could sure use the two weeks off.

I’d say we have a 1% chance of winning ….so why not take the day off and eat Turkey with our families? Not making excuses because you guys would probably win even if we were at full strength but I’m devastated by how many players we won’t have on the field Thursday. These are the guys I was hoping would be there playing but won’t be….

WanDale Robinson, WR
Kadarius Toney, WR (malcontent traded)
Evan Neal, OT
Xavier McKinney, S
Adoree Jackson, CB
Daniel Bellinger, TE
Ben Bredeson, OG
Jason Pinnock, S
JMoreau, CB (he might play)
Sterling Shepard, WR
Azeez Ojulari, Edge
Aaron Robinson, CB

Watching 6 guys go out yesterday pushed me over the edge. I’m at my lowest point today….I don’t even want to watch the game and probably won’t. I’ll tape it though just in case we do find a miracle.

On a more positive note, congrats on your big win v Minnesota. I don’t know how you guys lost to the Packers, but I guess anything could happen on any given Sunday….except Thanksgiving is not a Sunday.

Cowboys 41
Giants 13 (we score a garbage TD to make it close)

A humble Kumbaya….and today is my 70th birthday…..sigh….but don’t feel too sorry for me….I’m sure my beloved wife has a special present just for me….lol. God is still good….all the time!
K
Happy Birthday, sir! Hope you have many more.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can beat them but don't expect a blowout.........for whatever reason, they always play the Cowboys close. More times than not a one-score win or loss....
Why does everyone seem to think these games are always some kind of battle?

2022: 23-16 (but Dallas was up by 10 with 4 minutes left)
2021: 44-20, 21-6
2020: 37-34, 23-19 (Giants win with Dalton at QB for Dallas)
2019: 35-17, 37-18
2018: 20-13 (but only because the Giants kicked a FG with 13 seconds left), 36-35 (meaningless week 17 game)
2017: 19-3, 30-10

So out of our last 11 games with the Giants, 6 were Cowboys blowouts and 5 were decided by one score. Out of those 5, the Giants pulled within one score only very late in the game in 2 of them, a third was a meaningless final-week game, and a fourth was with Dalton instead of Dak.

The Giants don't "always play the Cowboys close." Not by a long shot. Not that this has any bearing on what might happen tomorrow.