News: 5 Things to Know About Doug Nussmeier by Kristi Scales

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
th

Care to include a single comment now, that included the OP topic: Nussmeier
Already did: "Hopefully he improves the TE core, but it's a "wait and see" for me. Many college coaches didn't have the same success in the NFL."

Simple stuff.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Linehan has been empowered since the end of the season.
Moore in as QB coach
Pollack out as OL coach
Nussmeier in as TE coach.

Dooley - They appear to have tried to keep him but he didn't seem to be in agreement with Linehan based on his comments; therefore Linehan wins this one even if it was not the front office pushing Dooley out.

I think Garrett is likely completely out of the offensive game planning now and the "Linehan is running Garrett's offense" concept is gone.

You think the HC is out of the offensive gameplanning? So what does he do in the meetings which he heads when offense is discussed just sit there with his thumb up his butt? If he tries to sit in on offensive meetings they tell him that "we got Nussmeier. you cannot be in here."

I mean cool story and all but come on.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The guy they had at TE coach before, Loney, was the OL coach for Linehan's Rams. Not impressed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry but having the HC out of decision making is not good
Having a HC so incompetent that you are forced to take him out of line of authority in his area of 'expertise ' is worse
Line of authority going from OC to incompetent GM is worse than above 2

You think players or coaches will be accountable when the HC and GM are not?

So I can't really see how this is a positive in any way

What is the proof that the HC was out of the decision making? The fact that the guy coached under Linehan 10 years ago doesn't somehow automatically mean Garrett had no voice or choice. Frankly I'm not aware of any business that doesn't give some consideration to personal experience when making choices on hiring anyway.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Moore in as QB coach
Pollack out as OL coach

Dooley - They appear to have tried to keep him but he didn't seem to be in agreement with Linehan based on his comments; therefore Linehan wins this one even if it was not the front office pushing Dooley out.

I think Garrett is likely completely out of the offensive game planning now and the "Linehan is running Garrett's offense" concept is gone.

:dance: Hoping and praying.

BigD5

Reaction score
5 Things to Know About Doug Nussmeier
by Kristi Scales

http://www.5pointsblue.com/5-things-to-know-about-doug-nussmeier/

Nussmeier and Offensive Coordinator Scott Linehan Are a Couple of Vandals!

Nussmeier and Linehan are both Vandals (that would be University of Idaho Vandals!!!). Both starred at QB. Linehan played from 1982-86; Nussemeir from 1990-93. Linehan was Nussemeir’s offensive coordinator with the Vandals during Nussmeier’s final two seasons, including his final year in which Nussmeier won the 1993 Walter Payton Award which is presented annually to the Division I-AA Player of the Year (yes, the same award that Tony Romo won at Eastern Illinois in 2002). Years later when Linehan was head coach of the St Louis Rams, Nussmeier was his QBs coach for two seasons (2006-07).

He’s Coached for Top College Football Programs

Nussmeier left Canada to begin his collegiate coaching career at Michigan State where he served as QBs coach from 2003-05. The 2006-2007 seasons are when he reunited with Linehan; those two seasons as Linehan’s QBs coach were Nussmeier’s first years on an NFL coaching staff. Nussmeier returned to college football in 2008 to become the offensive coordinator at Fresno State. Since then, Nussmeier has worked with several of the biggest college football programs in the country including Washington (offensive coordinator/QBs, 2009-11); Alabama (offensive coordinator/QBs, 2012-13); Michigan (offensive coordinator/QBs, 2014); and Florida (offensive coordinator/QBs, 2015-17).

This upcoming 2018 season with the Cowboys marks the first time he will work as a tight ends coach and will be his second stint on an NFL coaching staff...
Huge Alabama fan and booster here.

Hated Nussmirer. He was awful at Alabama and was responsible for Alabama losing the Johnny Manziel Texas A&M game.

1st and goal from the 8 after running the ball down the field.

3 passes. 1 run

That team won the national championship in spite of Nussmeirer

Aven8

Reaction score
Moore in as QB coach
Pollack out as OL coach

God I hope you're right X. I guess we will know come preseason when we have a go route for Dez, out route to the sideline for Beas, and button hook to Twill that we are still running the Air JG!

reddyuta

Reaction score
Moore in as QB coach
Pollack out as OL coach

he can perfect his clapping techniques,he is useless otherwise.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think the HC is out of the offensive gameplanning? So what does he do in the meetings which he heads when offense is discussed just sit there with his thumb up his butt? If he tries to sit in on offensive meetings they tell him that "we got Nussmeier. you cannot be in here."

I mean cool story and all but come on.

If you don't understand how Jerry operates by now, there is no possibility that I can explain it to you.

Wade Phillips had ZERO input on offense and was told by Jerry to stay out of those meetings.

Do you remember when Jerry forced Garrett to give up calling plays and gave the job to Callahan but Callahan was not given the Title of Offensive Coordinator? That all happened because Callahan would go directly to Jerry's office and tell him what was wrong with Garrett's play calling.

Callahan and Garrett became enemies and Callahan departed to take the position (OL coach) with the Skins. Jerry has been known to have the highest paid OL coach many seasons and they had 3 first round picks on the OL. Why do you think Callahan departed?

One of the more publicised of Jerry's non-standard way of doing things was when he insisted that Dan Reeves sign a contract that he would punch a time card if hired.

FYI, the Reeves ordeal was an attempt by Wade to gain some control/input to the offense through his buddy Reeves.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If you don't understand how Jerry operates by now, there is no possibility that I can explain it to you.

Wade Phillips had ZERO input on offense and was told by Jerry to stay out of those meetings.

Do you remember when Jerry forced Garrett to give up calling plays and gave the job to Callahan but Callahan was not given the Title of Offensive Coordinator? That all happened because Callahan would go directly to Jerry's office and tell him what was wrong with Garrett's play calling.

Callahan and Garrett became enemies and Callahan departed to take the position (OL coach) with the Skins. Jerry has been known to have the highest paid OL coach many seasons and they had 3 first round picks on the OL. Why do you think Callahan departed?

One of the more publicised of Jerry's non-standard way of doing things was when he insisted that Dan Reeves sign a contract that he would punch a time card if hired.

FYI, the Reeves ordeal was an attempt by Wade to gain some control/input to the offense through his buddy Reeves.

More story time I see.

Prove Wade Phillips was told to not attend offensive meetings as coach.
Prove Garrett is held out of them.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Huge Alabama fan and booster here.

Hated Nussmirer. He was awful at Alabama and was responsible for Alabama losing the Johnny Manziel Texas A&M game.

1st and goal from the 8 after running the ball down the field.

3 passes. 1 run

That team won the national championship in spite of Nussmeirer

OK, he got gigs with both Michigan and Alabama because he knows didly squat...and who was it that lost a Super Bowl two years ago by throwing an interception...?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More story time I see.

Prove Wade Phillips was told to not attend offensive meetings as coach.
Prove Garrett is held out of them.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Losers always ask people to prove the obvious.

How many times have we heard "prove it" in regards to Dez being a poor route runner???

Now Kurt Warner has provided "proof".

BigD5

Reaction score
OK, he got gigs with both Michigan and Alabama because he knows didly squat...and who was it that lost a Super Bowl two years ago by throwing an interception...?
And he also basically got fired at both places.

Just because a team hires somebody doesn’t mean that they are some great coach.

Look I hope he does great. But right now I’d predict he does nothing for our TEs