#53 Jesse Holley to be added to roster?

LongSnapper

Reaction score
Welcome to the squad Mr. Holley from fourth and long to the 53 now spend your money wisely

LongSnapper

Reaction score
yep,,,,,A day after cutting safety Mike Hamlin, the Cowboys are expected to fill the 53rd roster spot on Wednesday. Look for wide receiver Jesse Holley to land the spot, officially completing his journey from Michael Irvin’s reality TV show “4th and Long” to a member of an NFL team. Holley will not only be on the team, but should be ready to play Sunday in Minnesota, with hopes of adding a spark to the special teams. Holley has been an active member of the special teams scout units, and it’s that kind of hard work and dedication that is apparently getting rewarded. Holley spent all of last year on the practice squad and was a real candidate to make the team this year after an impressive training camp and preseason. The Cowboys decided to go against keeping Holley, but now it seems time, considering the team ranks 31st in the NFL in kickoff coverage. Holley also said he will simulate, or at least try, Vikings WR Randy Moss this week in practice, still working as a scout-team receiver.

taken from Dallas Cowboys Facebook page

ddh33

Reaction score
If he helps on special teams, it's worth it. Those units are killing the team too.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ddh33;3617096 said:
If he helps on special teams, it's worth it. Those units are killing the team too.

Maybe we shouldn't have gotten rid of so many of our top special teams players from last year.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
wow really holley simulating moss. He is nothing like moss. We minus well let Dez Bryant or Miles Austin do that you know somebody with speed and that attacks the ball. or is it the injured concern even though we dont hit in practice. Then we could use Roy in the redzone to simulate moss on fade routes.

Is this why our team is never prepared in the beginning of games:laugh1:

ddh33

Reaction score
AdamJT13;3617103 said:
Maybe we shouldn't have gotten rid of so many of our top special teams players from last year.

I have to be honest, I thought some of these guys could fill that role just as well. I was way wrong.

I would look at switching out L.Williams with S.Octavien too, if I had to.

And I am still not-at-all sold on the kicker. I would feel better with someone more reliable.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
nick folk would of looked nice in a cowboys jersey right about now. We cut the guy alittle too ealier for not producing (while he was injured) but Alan Ball plays like Alania Ball back there scared to hit and tackle or even make a play on the ball.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
UGH!!!!!! It makes no sense to promote him when we don't need WR help. I wonder if another team was trying to pick up up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3617144 said:
UGH!!!!!! It makes no sense to promote him when we don't need WR help. I wonder if another team was trying to pick up up.

If true, sounds like a ST move all the way.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Yeah definitely sounds like a special teams move. He was really good on punt coverage in the preseason.

Smith22

Reaction score
If so, it is purely a special teams move. The lunch break show even speculated that this move could happen (Holley for special teams).

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Good. I'm all for it. Holley was a st demon in the preseason.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I love it ...... I think Holley could be a good player if given the chance.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He did a great job on special teams during the pre-season hopefully he can do the same now.