53 Man roster as of Tuesday

Questfor6

Reaction score
would take a lot of injuries to reach that far with Schultz, Furgeson and Hendershot. Heck not sure with WR and OL needing more depth, how we get all 3 protected. Good problem to have but might lose Hendershot if hes exposed. are the PS rules the same as they have been where you can protect a few from being picked off??

what ive seen from what little weve had, Schultz wont be here next year for what hes hoping to get moneywise. I can see Furgeson taking that job in 2023,.
I believe you can protect your practice squad but they have to be added to the 53

speedkilz88

Reaction score
would take a lot of injuries to reach that far with Schultz, Furgeson and Hendershot. Heck not sure with WR and OL needing more depth, how we get all 3 protected. Good problem to have but might lose Hendershot if hes exposed. are the PS rules the same as they have been where you can protect a few from being picked off??

what ive seen from what little weve had, Schultz wont be here next year for what hes hoping to get moneywise. I can see Furgeson taking that job in 2023,.
They could franchise Schultz one more season. The tag value would still be below what free agency would give him.

Creeper

Reaction score
QB: Dak, Grier (2)
RB: Zeke, Pollard, Davis, Dowdle (4)
WR: Ceedee, Gallup, Washington, Tolbert, Turpin, Fehoko, Houston (7)
TE: Schultz, Ferguson, Hendershot, McKeon (4)
OT: Tyron, Steele, Smith, Waletzko, Ball (5)
Interior: Martin, McGovern, Biadasz, Farniok (4)
Offense 26
DE: D Law, Dorance, Williams, Fowler, Basham (5)
DT: Gallimore, Osa, Bohanna, Golston, Bronson (5)
LB: Micah, LVE, Barr, Cox, Harper (5)
CB: Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Bland, Joseph, Wright (6)
S: Kearse, Hooker, Mukuamu, Wilson, Bell (5)
Defense 26
P: Anger (1)

Washington, McKeon, Tyron head to IR allowing Noah Brown, Maher, & Mcquaide to re-sign.

17 Man PS
QB Rush, Dinucci
WR Smith, Vasher
OL: Collins, Jones, Alarcon, Lindstrom
DL: Ridgeway, Tafua, Bryant
LB: Jackson, Jefferson
CB: Taylor-Stuart
S: Coyle, J Thomas
K: Garibay

I just do not see how they keep 5 DTs and two of them are Golston and Bronson. I know some people don't like Hill but how does he not make the team when Golston has been awful at DT? I believe Ridgeway and Hill both make the team. I don't know what they do with Golston.

They are keeping the Long Snapper and they will go with 3 TEs.

I hope they do not pick Grier for the backup roll. Rush is no prize but he is better than Grier. Both have weak arms.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
why would you?? im betting Furgeson steps into the role for cheap..
First of all because he's good, real good. But the smartest teams franchise guys even though they have a replacement and see what they get in trade which is likely higher than a 3rd round comp pick.

Questfor6

Reaction score
I just do not see how they keep 5 DTs and two of them are Golston and Bronson. I know some people don't like Hill but how does he not make the team when Golston has been awful at DT? I believe Ridgeway and Hill both make the team. I don't know what they do with Golston.

They are keeping the Long Snapper and they will go with 3 TEs.

I hope they do not pick Grier for the backup roll. Rush is no prize but he is better than Grier. Both have weak arms.
The long snapper comes back after they get the 3 listed to IR, he doesn't have to go through waivers so it's not a risk. As for Hill I think he's traded or cut, they don't trust him to produce. Ridgeway should've faked an injury late in the game last night because he's a year away from contributing in any fashion.

Havic

Reaction score
Imo we are not keeping 4 Rb's and not sold on Basham making this team. Hill will be on the roster.

As for back up qb. I think we keep 2 but maybe a wild card Ben > Grier for the upside. Grier had a better 2nd half but neither him or Rush seem like the answer imo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Offense 26
Defense 26

Washington, McKeon, Tyron head to IR allowing Noah Brown, Maher, & Mcquaide to re-sign.

17 Man PS
QB Rush, Dinucci
WR Smith, Vasher

This team BETTER not take 4 running backs and 7 receivers into the season and 4 tight ends...hell no.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imo we are not keeping 4 Rb's and not sold on Basham making this team. Hill will be on the roster.

As for back up qb. I think we keep 2 but maybe a wild card Ben > Grier for the upside. Grier had a better 2nd half but neither him or Rush seem like the answer imo.
I'd be incredibly shocked if Basham didn't make this team. He's been making plays all camp.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all because he's good, real good. But the smartest teams franchise guys even though they have a replacement and see what they get in trade which is likely higher than a 3rd round comp pick.
LAST OF ALL,

hes not 12mil good unless hes even more improved after this season, we have cap and if Furgeson is as good or better umm Shultz is GOINE you don't waste FT on a player lie that 2 straight seasons.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Offense 26
Defense 26

17 Man PS
QB Rush, Dinucci
WR Smith, Vasher

It's not bad, except I believe Bronson is practice squad at best. Hill would likely be kept instead. I do like the idea of bringing Garibay back for the PS. I can't believe he just went off the rails that way.

Four running backs is definitely a possibility if we're going to use Pollard more as a receiver.

I would just cut McKeon instead of having him take up Brown's roster sport. Then we can either put him on IR, if his injury warrants it, or place him on the PS.

I'd keep Gifford over Harper. He's a core special-teamer and a better player right now.

I also believe Watkins is going to make the team, which makes me think Houston will go PS rather than us carrying seven WRs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense 26
Defense 26

17 Man PS
QB Rush, Dinucci
WR Smith, Vasher

CJ Goodwin will end up on the roster.
Bronson will be a cut.

The cut & re-signs are wrong.
- Noah Brown is WR #2 at this point.
- They might try to cut & re-sign Basham.

They might just cut WR Washington (waive injured). - They could likely find a similar veteran after cuts or for a late round pick.

They might waive injured McKeon. He would revert to IR if unclaimed.

They could make a hand-shake deal with Fowler for a cut & re-sign with a re-sign bonus.

Brax

Reaction score
Offense 26
Defense 26

17 Man PS
QB Rush, Dinucci
WR Smith, Vasher
Did I miss the long snapper and the kicker?

Questfor6

Reaction score
CJ Goodwin will end up on the roster.
Bronson will be a cut.

The cut & re-signs are wrong.
- Noah Brown is WR #2 at this point.
- They might try to cut & re-sign Basham.

They might just cut WR Washington (waive injured). - They could likely find a similar veteran after cuts or for a late round pick.

They might waive injured McKeon. He would revert to IR if unclaimed.

They could make a hand-shake deal with Fowler for a cut & re-sign with a re-sign bonus.
I'm not cutting Noah Brown he's just the only receiver not subject to waivers making the minimum, he can re-sign immediately after Washington is put on IR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe you can protect your practice squad but they have to be added to the 53

I think this year, as last year. They can designate up to to 4 or 6 players on the PS as being protected, 4 or 5 days before the game. But there is not an all out protection list.

Yes, if a player is not on that list, or during the week, as on a Monday or Tuesday before they make the list. Then if a team wants to sign them, they need to activate them. And I think they have to stay on the active roster for 2 or maybe it is 4 weeks. Just as if another team signs them, they must stay on their active roster as well.

I am sure there are some other stipulations as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
The long snapper comes back after they get the 3 listed to IR, he doesn't have to go through waivers so it's not a risk. As for Hill I think he's traded or cut, they don't trust him to produce. Ridgeway should've faked an injury late in the game last night because he's a year away from contributing in any fashion.

Who doesn't trust Hill to produce? Everything I read is that he is having a good camp. I agree Ridgeway is a year away. He is like Bohanna last year which is why they will keep him somehow. I would not expose him by putting him on the practice squad.