53 updates

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith probably makes the 53 but your point is valid.
guyton will make the 53. Hyatt will as well. Not impressed with Redmond. We paid Hyatt above and beyond as a UDFA just to get him here. Guyton in my view, had a decent game last night. Not sure why you think his chances were diminished. I do agree with most of your list..but also..Reggie Davis showed good hands and skills on special teams to stay on the roster as a special teams guy..but its early.

Rayman70

Reaction score
guyton will make the 53. Hyatt will as well. Not impressed with Redmond. We paid Hyatt above and beyond as a UDFA just to get him here. Guyton in my view, had a decent game last night. Not sure why you think his chances were diminished. I do agree with most of your list..but also..Reggie Davis showed good hands and skills on special teams to stay on the roster as a special teams guy..but its early.
EDIT..^^^^ THIS WAS MEANT FOR TEAGUE31...my bad..lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont think you can properly evaluate that game given SF decided to put out 2s to start hames against our ones, well most of them, I realize no Zeke, Coop, Martin or witten or morris for that matter but we still kick FGs..is that not the same old story?

again cant evaluate much but I expected more and shouldnt have lol

but really our groups were against their lower groups all night until the 4th maybe and we still couldn't get 1 TD?

So back to the OP, yes some flashed some didnt , Gifford was talked about pregame and he didnt disappoint, but he might be the next coming of SLee, all the talent drive effort and instincts in the world but injury prone..

im not going to take anything from the first PS game really..it had an odd feel all night.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Redmond got pushed back into the pocket time and time again last night in pass protection. He was pretty unimpressive honestly. He needs to improve greatly in order to make the cut. He was a liability all night. YES I know it was preseason, but it was also for SF. I am concerned about the backup guard play.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Westry is just a pet cat galore..he was NEVER gonna see light of day on the 53. He will likely play our last preseason game..just to stick a camp body out there...then he will be cut. That's the reality.

Rayman70

Reaction score
who that UDFA receiver the saints had that is now in Baltimore? Can't recall his name..but that's who Guyton reminds me of.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need a kicker and a vet QB for depth. I think Rush is the final keeper. I cant trust Maher.

Wilson is exactly what I thought he was gonna be. He will be very handy this year.

Mr_437

Reaction score
who that UDFA receiver the saints had that is now in Baltimore? Can't recall his name..but that's who Guyton reminds me of.
^Willie Snead

3 more games to go, a lot can change in timeframe. But for now, I liked Ced Wilson, Gallup, Thompson, Charlton, Gifford, Iloka, Jarwin, McElroy and Rush.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Westry is just a pet cat galore..he was NEVER gonna see light of day on the 53. He will likely play our last preseason game..just to stick a camp body out there...then he will be cut. That's the reality.
Very true. If he shows something, the Cowboys might try to get him on the PS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maher is not going to be the kicker. No way they are that stupid.
Maher will cost us crucial games. He wont be here. I agree. If Dan Bailey is available again,I rather take a chance on him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
^Willie Snead

3 more games to go, a lot can change in timeframe. But for now, I liked Ced Wilson, Gallup, Thompson, Charlton, Gifford, Iloka, Jarwin, McElroy and Rush.
that's right, THANKS. His game is much like Snead. I think he sneaks onto the 53 man roster because he will do just enough to allow the staff to give him a shot. Davis will be our starting returner on special teams.