Twitter: 5th Circuit issues briefing notice in NFL vs. Ezekiel Elliott for November 8th

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

So if I understand this correctly, this is the actual case and not the injunction. So if briefs are not due till November, you are looking way past the end of the season before a decision will be made. In other words, if the injunction is upheld, Zeke is pretty much safe for the season.

Is that about the gist of it?

blindzebra

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, this is the actual case and not the injunction. So if briefs are not due till November, you are looking way past the end of the season before a decision will be made. In other words, if the injunction is upheld, Zeke is pretty much safe for the season.

From my understanding the issue isn't the injunction it is if Texas has jurisdiction. If 5th rules no on jurisdiction Zeke would have to appeal for an injunction in NY.

Ghost12

Reaction score

That's my take although, quite honestly, at this point I really don't see Elliott missing any games this year. It's too easy to stall and Elliott has the irreparable harm argument on his side.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
From my understanding the issue isn't the injunction it is if Texas has jurisdiction. If 5th rules no on jurisdiction Zeke would have to appeal for an injunction in NY.

It would seem however that the fact the 5th is wanting briefs in November would seem to indicate that they don't intend to kick it back to NY, it seems like they are wanting to hear the case themselves. Because if they are going to punt it to NY, why would they want briefs in November for a case they would not be hearing?

I think this is very good news for Zeke, seems to telegraph that the 5th intends to hear the case themselves in November, thus denying the NFL's claim of wrong jurisdiction.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The GFL (Goodell Football League) needs a full blown enema............They have spent over a year now trying to discipline a player on a charge that law enforcement doesn't even believe happened.....meanwhile, they issue an immediate 2 game suspension on Danny Trevathan for trying to decapitate a Bears player..............proving that player safety is NOT as much of a priority as trying to drum up a 6 game suspension on something that doesn't exist.

I bet if Trevathan was a Dallas Cowboy it would have been more than a two game suspension.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I think there are still a few things in play

The NFL filed an emergency stay against the PI.... that will be heard Oct 2nd
The NFL appealed the PI to the CA5.... this new Nov 8th date is for those briefs

Then there is still EE's original suit against the NFL's award......that is in Mazzant's court
And there is the NFL suit in NY to validate their award.... haven't heard a word about this

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The GFL (Goodell Football League) needs a full blown enema............They have spent over a year now trying to discipline a player on a charge that law enforcement doesn't even believe happened.....meanwhile, they issue an immediate 2 game suspension on Danny Trevathan for trying to decapitate a Bears player..............proving that player safety is NOT as much of a priority as trying to drum up a 6 game suspension on something that doesn't exist.

I bet if Trevathan was a Dallas Cowboy it would have been more than a two game suspension.

If Trevathan was a Cowboy, he would have received a lifetime ban:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think there are still a few things in play

The NFL filed an emergency stay against the PI.... that will be heard Oct 2nd
The NFL appealed the PI to the CA5.... this new Nov 8th date is for those briefs

Then there is still EE's original suit against the NFL's award......that is in Mazzant's court
And there is the NFL suit in NY to validate their award.... haven't heard a word about this

Yea, the wheels of justice turn very slow.

Its like a professor I had at UT once said, the only thing fast about the legal system is billable hours......they add up quickly:laugh:

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
It would seem however that the fact the 5th is wanting briefs in November would seem to indicate that they don't intend to kick it back to NY, it seems like they are wanting to hear the case themselves. Because if they are going to punt it to NY, why would they want briefs in November for a case they would not be hearing?

I think this is very good news for Zeke, seems to telegraph that the 5th intends to hear the case themselves in November, thus denying the NFL's claim of wrong jurisdiction.

I agree. This seems to be good news for Zeke.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Our players don't hit as hard as that. Lol

The devil sent his top henchman to take me down to hell and 'awaken' me. I was there about a week, but was always laughing, cutting up, and doing jokes. The henchman said, 'guy, don't you know where you are?' I said, sure...hell. Then he asked, 'why are you having such a good time.' I said, Sir, because I was raised that way, I was raised on a ranch in South Texas. I was told my entire life, that the only thing I had to look forward to was hell...so, I'm going to enjoy it.

This went on for another week, when the devil had all he could take. He said, guy, watch this...and promptly froze hell over. I'm laughing uncontrollably now. The devil then states, 'now what?'

Chuckling, I say, 'I made it 'till hell froze over!'