Twitter: 5th Circuit issues briefing notice in NFL vs. Ezekiel Elliott for November 8th

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The devil sent his top henchman to take me down to hell and 'awaken' me. I was there about a week, but was always laughing, cutting up, and doing jokes. The henchman said, 'guy, don't you know where you are?' I said, sure...hell. Then he asked, 'why are you having such a good time.' I said, Sir, because I was raised that way, I was raised on a ranch in South Texas. I was told my entire life, that the only thing I had to look forward to was hell...so, I'm going to enjoy it.

This went on for another week, when the devil had all he could take. He said, guy, watch this...and promptly froze hell over. I'm laughing uncontrollably now. The devil then states, 'now what?'

Chuckling, I say, 'I made it 'till hell froze over!'
Lmao! Salud, CC!

Reaction score
It would seem however that the fact the 5th is wanting briefs in November would seem to indicate that they don't intend to kick it back to NY, it seems like they are wanting to hear the case themselves. Because if they are going to punt it to NY, why would they want briefs in November for a case they would not be hearing?

I think this is very good news for Zeke, seems to telegraph that the 5th intends to hear the case themselves in November, thus denying the NFL's claim of wrong jurisdiction.

I thought the same thing. Until I read that the setting of the November briefing date was the ministerial act of the CA5 clerk's office. Read on Daniel Wallach twitter feed. So, I am not reading much into it anymore.

Wood

Reaction score
we need to define "good news"

Zeke plays all of 2017 and Dallas goes deep into playoffs = good news
Zeke plays all of 2017 and Dallas doesn't get past 1st round = not good news
Zeke serves suspension in 2017 and then Dallas rolls deep into playoffs in 2018 = good news

LittleD

Reaction score
Why does everyone care so much. Zeke is fat, slower and not breaking tackles. The OL has regressed without Leary so without the great
running game we get behind the chains and struggle. Zeke should give up now, serve his six games and join Jenny Craig.

JBS

Reaction score
Why does everyone care so much. Zeke is fat, slower and not breaking tackles. The OL has regressed without Leary so without the great
running game we get behind the chains and struggle. Zeke should give up now, serve his six games and join Jenny Craig.

Why do you care so much that Zeke is out of shape?

diefree666

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. Until I read that the setting of the November briefing date was the ministerial act of the CA5 clerk's office. Read on Daniel Wallach twitter feed. So, I am not reading much into it anymore.

people who do not look closer do not realize just how much power a clerk has.