6'7 QB Tyree Jackson

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Coming from a small school, Buffalo, he is likely to be available a bit later than most QBs. Having been a graduate from the premier NYS public school (Binghamton pride), I've actually met Tyree on more than one occasion as Bing doesn't have a football team, so most of the campus are fans of either Buffalo or Albany. He's a good guy, he is a strong talent, and physically he could bring something unique to the team.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6061128-the-next-josh-allen-is-buffalo-s-6-7-signal-caller-tyree-jackson

usa_today_11299877.0.jpg

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Coming from a small school, Buffalo, he is likely to be available a bit later than most QBs. Having been a graduate from the premier NYS public school (Binghamton pride), I've actually met Tyree on more than one occasion as Bing doesn't have a football team, so most of the campus are fans of either Buffalo or Albany. He's a good guy, he is a strong talent, and physically he could bring something unique to the team.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6061128-the-next-josh-allen-is-buffalo-s-6-7-signal-caller-tyree-jackson

I'm interested.

jrumann59

Reaction score

usa_today_11299877.0.jpg

He probably wears hit hat backwards? No Dice...

jnday

Reaction score
I think Dak is as good as Jackson, maybe better than Jackson . I say go all-in with Herbert or Lock which are much better talents than any QB since Romo.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think Dak is as good as Jackson, maybe better than Jackson . I say go all-in with Herbert or Lock which are much better talents than any QB since Romo.
I am not sure. Jackson has the ability to perform at a top level in the NFL. Given his small school, unless he pulls off a Heisman win, he'll likely be a 3rd round pick. I'll take that bet on him.

I am not a fan of giving the farm for a QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am not sure. Jackson has the ability to perform at a top level in the NFL. Given his small school, unless he pulls off a Heisman win, he'll likely be a 3rd round pick. I'll take that bet on him.

I am not a fan of giving the farm for a QB.

Same here, and round 3 wouldn't be a bad value. Plus, it worked quite well for one team in our division to get a small school QB, and it worked well for us to get one undrafted. I say give it a go.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Same here, and round 3 wouldn't be a bad value. Plus, it worked quite well for one team in our division to get a small school QB, and it worked well for us to get one undrafted. I say give it a go.
And regardless of how feelings are right now on this forum, it worked out quite well with Dak as a 4th rounder as well.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yes, and if it doesn't work, then that's fine because I like the crop of QBs next year anyway.
We're on the same page 100%.

I don't think this QB crop much, but I do see something in Jackson. I think he can be a top 10 guy in the league if he can adjust to NFL style defenses. All of the physical tools are there, all of the intangibles are there, and the physical tools are quite off the charts. This dude will tower over offensive lines, giving him visibility that very few QBs have. He is also excellent with deep throws.

waving monkey

Reaction score
And regardless of how feelings are right now on this forum, it worked out quite well with Dak as a 4th rounder as well.
well if we're all taking about drafting Jackson it didnt turn super well
Philly paid a fortune and i like how that turned out.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Well, if he's a 6'7 QB AND plays at The University of Buffalo, he's gotta be good.
Watch the guy play.
The Heisman talk is heating up.

He has a Mahomes like ability to hit 80 yard passes on the money.

Even if Dak is out guy, given he went to Buffalo, unless he wins the Heisman, very likely he is there in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd like to trade up to the early 3rd to grab him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the guy play.
The Heisman talk is heating up.

He has a Mahomes like ability to hit 80 yard passes on the money.

Even if Dak is out guy, given he went to Buffalo, unless he wins the Heisman, very likely he is there in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd like to trade up to the early 3rd to grab him.

If he's any good, the NFL scouts will find him. Remember Wentz went to sisters of the poor too.

tm1119

Reaction score
Every player is different so you try not to lump them together...but that highlight reel looks an awful similar to Paxton Lynch. What will separate him is the stuff fans can never tell...personality, work ethic, dedication, ect...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Every player is different so you try not to lump them together...but that highlight reel looks an awful similar to Paxton Lynch. What will separate him is the stuff fans can never tell...personality, work ethic, dedication, ect...
Having met him personally on multiple occasions and having many mutual friends given our universities affiliation, I can guarantee his personality, work ethic, and dedication differentiate him.

The dude has posters of Aikman, Brady, and P. Manning in his dorm. He reads books on economics (a personal interest of his) every night before bed, and he breaths football every waking moment outside of that. For a star QB, he barely parties.

He ranks out as an A+ on the intangible front.