6'7 QB Tyree Jackson

chagus

Reaction score
I am not sure. Jackson has the ability to perform at a top level in the NFL. Given his small school, unless he pulls off a Heisman win, he'll likely be a 3rd round pick. I'll take that bet on him.

I am not a fan of giving the farm for a QB.
Good observation. Also... it took Romo what... 3 years to get going on the field? Possibly 5 years to figure it all out? Romo took time. It took dedication and a willingness to learn and hone his craft. Us fans are microwaves... we want it NOW.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How's his mechanics/wind up?
He throws a lot like Dak, just very labored and forced mechanics and not a pure thrower at all. I think he's also the same in that I don't think he can throw guys open. Like Josh Allen, he can make big time throws but struggles with consistent accuracy. I think he's an alright decision maker, but sometimes he's inaccurate so it looks like he's not, plus, he only has to read half the field as they're an RPO offense.

He was pretty bad against Temple, but just watch how he makes some great passes - the first TD - and just some horribly inaccurate ones.

Third round seems high to me, as of now, but who knows how the draft process would play out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Having met him personally on multiple occasions and having many mutual friends given our universities affiliation, I can guarantee his personality, work ethic, and dedication differentiate him.

The dude has posters of Aikman, Brady, and P. Manning in his dorm. He reads books on economics (a personal interest of his) every night before bed, and he breaths football every waking moment outside of that. For a star QB, he barely parties.

He ranks out as an A+ on the intangible front.
Binghamton and UB have no affiliation and are over 3 hours from each other. What are you talking about?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I need to see more from this kid - we may not get much of a read on him till the combine. Wary of the small school competition, but his physical skills look real.

Proof

Reaction score
lol @ "he reads books on economics every night before bed"

good info and thanks for sharing. but that part, and the posters is comical

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
lol @ "he reads books on economics every night before bed"

good info and thanks for sharing. but that part, and the posters is comical
Think it gives some insight into what this kid is doing while other QBs in his shoes are out getting wasted.

Techsass

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of QB Kellen prefers to coach, but maybe he can tweak his mechanics enough.

rags747

Reaction score
Good observation. Also... it took Romo what... 3 years to get going on the field? Possibly 5 years to figure it all out? Romo took time. It took dedication and a willingness to learn and hone his craft. Us fans are microwaves... we want it NOW.
Romo could have started as a rookie and taken our Cowboys further than they went, Parcells super old school and make your QB sit. Yes interceptions would have been thrown but the yardage and td's would have been amazing.

Undefeated

Reaction score
Jackson and Ryan Finley are my pet cats so far at QB. Jackson being the late round option as of now. It'll be interesting to see how much his draft stock rises between now and the draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jackson and Ryan Finley are my pet cats so far at QB. Jackson being the late round option as of now. It'll be interesting to see how much his draft stock rises between now and the draft.

Finley interests me more than this guy.

I might be misguided but I just don't like guys that are inaccurate in college. Few, if any, go from sub 60% passers in college to accurate in the NFL. Jackson has a clear skill set for sure, but it's meaningless if you can't accurately throw a football.

The Natural

Reaction score
I watched the first minute and a half of that Temple video, yikes. After Dak I don't want another mid-round project, get me somebody in the first two rounds who can sling the rock..I dont care what they like reading either.