Drafted by Cowboys 6th Round - Pick 178 - CB Eric Scott Jr (Southern Miss)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Sounds like they are going for the bigger, more physical corners, so I like the 'theme' of it, but my issue is that this is pretty much admitting Nashon and Bossman weren't 'it'
I wonder if they sign Nahshon's brother as a udfa. He's better than Nahshon according to the draft show guys.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ran a 4.60 40 yard dash, but he pulled a quad so there isn't a definitive 40 yard dash time for him.

"Although Scott ran an unofficial 4.60 40-yard dash, the DB pulled his right quad, making it slightly difficult to judge his true speed. Apr 20, 2023" https://www.profootballnetwork.com/eric-scott-jr-cb-southern-miss-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/
I didn't like that earlier report of 4.7.
4.6 with a pulled quad sounds a lot better.

Also sounding better, from that article:
He led the Golden Eagles with a team-high 39.5″ vertical jump and posted the top broad jump of 11’1″.​

Not Byron Jones freaky, but pretty damn freaky.

Classic Jerry pick. Slow 40 time with an asterisk. Like Pollard. The jumps mean he has plenty of juice in his legs.

Gotta say I like our draft staff. They chase down details.

And so do I:
Screen-Shot-2023-04-29-at-3.42.26-PM.png

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This thread is giving me flashbacks to the reaction to the Daron Bland pick last year.
It's funny how we rinse and repeat. Fans get so upset when they have no concept of what the true value of that player is. Then, even if proven wrong, they get so upset again the next year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Scott is a safety switch waiting to happen. His size and limited speed, alone, make it a likely move. Having experience at the corner is a plus.

DanA

Reaction score
There’s no way a 200lb guy with a 40” vert runs worse than high 4.4’s. They’d have to have a Steven Seigal type running style or something.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yes you are and it’s obvious.

If he turns out to be a player, we get him a full year early. Also, we have a couple mediocre corners( Wright, Joseph ) that hopefully this guy can help send packing.
The value for a pick in a current year has always cost a round up (in most cases) in the next year, it's been explained here countless times. I don't understand why so many fans never get this through their heads.

And if we are as good as we look on paper this upcoming season, it will be closer to a sixth anyways.

They liked him enough to give up a little bit of the future to get him, so there is something they like in him and didn't want to miss out.

I also agree with you that other CB's on the roster could finally be moved on from if they don't make a gigantic jump this year.

Good post.