Drafted by Cowboys 6th Round Pick - WR Cedrick Wilson, Boise St (208th pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great value pick. Great college production and good size. Going to be a lot of WRs in camp and it will be interesting to see who makes the team.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

"They like him inside his building. He's a worker and he doesn't take anything for granted because he had to work his way into this position. He's self made. I go to bat for those guys because they never let you down due to football character." -- AFC team area scout

Cap12

Reaction score
WR CEDRICK WILSON Boise State, 6'22, 197 lbs, 4.55

Practice Squad X Receiver who looks like he could take TWill's spot in 2019. Excellent on deep balls, Brugler had him as a late 5th.

STRENGTHS: Smooth strider with the vertical wheels to stretch the field…outstanding tracking skills over his shoulder…focused on deep throws to run underneath the ball…comfortable snatching away from his numbers…tall and long athlete…quick-footed in his line releases…vision in the open-field to weave through the defense…throttles up and down between gears to catch the pursuit off-balance…tougher than he looks and isn’t intimidated by contact after the catch…experienced returner, averaging 23.9 yards per kick return (31/742/0) and 13.2 yards per punt return (10/132/0) at BSU…senior captain and his coaches speak highly of his professionalism…steady performer and plays with the same demeanor no matter the stage or situation…played through a bum left ankle most of the 2016 season…productive in his two seasons in Boise, setting the single-season school record for receiving yards (1,511) as a senior…NFL bloodlines – father (Cedrick) played seven years in the NFL as a wide receiver (178 career catches), winning a Super Bowl with the Steelers in 2006.

WEAKNESSES: Lanky build with lean muscle definition…questionable play strength to defeat press coverage…can be out-physicaled mid-route and at the catch point…not a tackle-breaker after the catch…limited make-you-miss ability, especially in smaller areas…rounds in- and out-breaking routes…needs to introduce more nuance at the stem to sell routes – doesn’t fooled seasoned defensive backs…ball gets on him quickly at times, leading to double-catches or drops…missed playing time as a junior after tearing ligaments in his left ankle (Oct. 2016), requiring off-season surgery (Jan. 2017), which kept him out of spring drills.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Boise State, Wilson was the starting “X” receiver in the Broncos’ offense and lined up on both sides of the formation, running mostly verticals, underneath crossers and outs/digs. He became just the third Boise State receiver to post consecutive 1,000-yard seasons and is a quick study, especially considering he didn’t start playing the position until his first year at the JUCO level. Wilson has natural pass-catching skills and is very efficient from catcher to runner, but he isn’t physically impressive or much of a YAC threat. Overall, Wilson isn’t going to fool anyone with his current route tree, but is one of the best vertical threats in this draft class with his ability to stack-and-track downfield.

GRADE: 5th-6th Round

Looks like the WR Room has become a WR Arena. #Blood_Sport

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hey Dallas start drafting guys from UGA Clemson and Alabama. And stop the Boise crap. Get some blue blood talent for crying out loud.

You mean some SEC blood that has been dodging Boise State for years? Last time we played an SEC team...we handed Georgia their *** in their house...and the SEC has been scared ever since. Won't schedule us. You can keep it.:rolleyes:

dasander

Reaction score
I just had a feeling he would be drafted by the Cowboys. He fits what they want in terms if size, speed, production, and they met with him at the Senior Bowl. Reminds me of Terrence Williams.

Bluefin

Reaction score
The official Terrence Williams wake up call has been delivered... Love it. :clap:
I wanted to let Terrance Williams walk as a free agent last off-season.

Team got lucky and re-signed him for below market value, but I was ready to go another direction.

Just felt like TW was a much better fit for Tony Romo offense. I hope Williams gets healthy and has a great season, but it very well happen without a star on the side of his helmet.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Do we have a couple scouts that live or get kick backs from Boise? Lol

Out of all the premier football factory’s that are some college schools we seem to hve 3 or 4 scouts who live in that schools dorms

/don’t take this as a swipe at the player

Bluefin

Reaction score
Hey Dallas start drafting guys from UGA Clemson and Alabama. And stop the Boise crap. Get some blue blood talent for crying out loud.

I am happy to finally have a Hurricane on the roster again.

#SecretSauce #TheU

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
His family is nothing like the Ball family.

I just read your post wrong and it cued up an idea for a sitcom. They'll call it "Ball in the Family". LaVar can play Archie Bunker's role and his wife can be Edith. The whole idea of the interracial couple itself would spoof the original and they can spice it up by showing LaVar's exploits as he tries to build an empire on the backs of his kids.... a kind of updated Kardashian thing.... I think it could work. :p

Gaede

Reaction score
Love this pick . Had like 19 ypc.

Switzer, Thompson will not make the cut. Hurns possibly if Gallup plays well.

I see our WR corp as Hurns, Twill, Gallup, Bease, Brown, and Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.