Twitter: 6th Straight Season Tyron Has Missed At Least 3 Games

perrykemp

Reaction score
The problem though is would you rather have 13 game of Tyron or 17 of whatever Dallas can muster up.

The problem is that Tyron has missed 15 of the the last 26 games going back to the start of last season.

He isn't missing 1/3 or 1/4 of the games, he has missed 57%.

He has a lot of miles on him, has a injury history, and by all indications the end is near.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You just named off the BIGGEST ISSUE with this team. You can bring in Joe Montana but with this franchise until the 2 stooges up top decide to sit back on their yacht and count money and shut up we will constantly be like this
Please explain to me how that happening would change anything.

Smith22

Reaction score
We need to start looking for a future LT, but LG and center are also positions that could/should be upgraded as well.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Well for one. Injuries and timetables would be going thru the HC. They wouldnt be pushing for certain things. Etc
Injuries and time tables go through the medical staff and relayed to the public. You really think that is what is holding this team back?

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, they should have started looking for his replacement 2 years ago. And, yes, I suggested it two years ago before the draft. But I get it. The Cowboys had other priorities and getting the LT of the future also requires some luck - one has to be there when you draft.

But to me the bigger question is, knowing Tyron had missed at least 3 games for the prior 5 seasons, why didn't the Cowboys sign a better backup for him? The signed Nsekhe, but when Tyron got hurt they left Nsekhe on the bench. If Nsekhe can;t play LT for Tyron for 3 games then why did they sign him?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Reality is that we are going to need to look for some more OL help. Going to be a focus for the draft.

Cebrin

Reaction score
People also forget what a huge impact Amari Cooper has been since day one of becoming a Cowboy. You compound that with poor line play, Zeke playing gimpy, losing Lamb, and you have yourself a recipe for a trash offense. Dak should have played better, but it most certainly wasn't all on him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
and he's still the best tackle we have beyond any doubt. easy to say you can replace him, harder to actually do that. i'd certainly rather have parsons than any tackle in this draft.

exciter

Reaction score

Yup.

It's past time.

Counting last seasons 14, Smith has missed 29 games in 10 1/2 seasons. For reference Collins has missed 39 in 6 1/2. The player who most closely matches Smith in pressures and sacks allowed when on the field is Terron Armstead of the Saints. Armstead has never ever, not once played a full 16 game season in 9 1/2. He’s missed 47 games and yet you don’t ever here Saints fans talking about getting rid of him. Yup! Saints fans are smart enough to comprehend the irreplaceable the value of a player you can put on an island at left tackle, even if it’s for only 13 games a season!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Lotta miles on that Bentley.
Pffff....how many teams would enable a player to do this? The guy takes a vacation mid season for 6 years in a row...leaving his teammates high and dry....and us fans are just supposed to accept this? IT'S BS....He's a diva...and it stains the franchise. Its amazing how players manipulate Jerry...and Jerry has no problem letting guys walk all over the star. Been a problem for 20+ years....I'm convinced more than ever....we will never win a SB as long as Jerry keeps lowering the bar for his divas.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem though is would you rather have 13 game of Tyron or 17 of whatever Dallas can muster up.
The problem with Tyron Smith is our front office thinking “we’re set at LT”, the most important position on the OL. When your LT is missing 25% of the season (or 90% like last year) you have a real need. I’ve been wanting to address this position the last two draft with an early round pick. Going into the ‘22 draft, it has to be a major priority.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pffff....how many teams would enable a player to do this? The guy takes a vacation mid season for 6 years in a row...leaving his teammates high and dry....and us fans are just supposed to accept this? IT'S BS....He's a diva...and it stains the franchise. Its amazing how players manipulate Jerry...and Jerry has no problem letting guys walk all over the star. Been a problem for 20+ years....I'm convinced more than ever....we will never win a SB as long as Jerry keeps lowering the bar for his divas.
Not sure about all that, but I wont be arguing against it lol.

Tyron not playing Sunday, coupled with his and MMs comments afterward reek of Jerry sticking his beak in.

Shouldn't surprise anyone but it still annoys me.