Twitter: 6th Straight Season Tyron Has Missed At Least 3 Games

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
And he’s so damn good and changes the o lines play and is on such a good deal.....you deal with it

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless a team has multiple picks in the 1st, they have to pick the top priority. Depending on who you believe, that was either of the two CB's or Parsons. Now, imagine that front 7 without Parsons.:eek:

The Cowboys had needs on the OL, the problem is they do not do well outside of the 1st in picking them. Biadasz, McGovern and Williams are still unknown and unproven. Big Smitty is this year's Sean Lee, when he can play, yowzah, but when he can't?

I think the 1st round was set when Big Smitty went out and the two magpies got to see their 160M man get thrown around and commit 2 picks, 2 fumbles and get sacked 5 times. That's called a bad day in the NFL and a QBR of 10. 10!!! Did you see that? 10, that is not a typo. I could get an 11 from the couch just throwing it away....with an occasional grounding call.

The Cowboys might need to reverse the draft for D to O this time because they will need OL and WR's. And not one of each. Those first 2 days they need, OL, OL, WR. Then back to the well on day 3.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Tyron is a great player and his contract is not insane but you can not go into the season without a locked in place plan B for LT. Spend a first round pick. Spend some free agent money. Do whatever it takes. If you are gonna roll with an unreliable player at the second most important position on offense have a viable back up.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The problem though is would you rather have 13 game of Tyron or 17 of whatever Dallas can muster up.

If you're giving me a choice, I'd rather the team invest in the position than just do nothing and watch a starter sit out for 1/4th of the season every year.

They seemingly have no problem "mustering" up solid players at other OL positions, but LT (conveniently the one they haven't invested in for a decade) is different? They aren't even trying so of course the alternative is worse, not to mention that the alternative ALWAYS has to play because he can't make it through a season healthy.

Quite honestly, I'm sick of this idea that he's so good you can just accept that he's going to miss a significant amount of time every single year. There is no guarantee he doesn't sustain another injury when he returns. In fact, given there'd be up 11 games left if Dallas were to make it to Super Bowl (which, hard to say they will), Tyron is very likely to miss even more time. How's he gonna look sitting on the bench during the playoffs? Were those 13 regular season games worth watching his replacement sandbag the team in the playoffs?

I'll take an average player that is reliable over what we're seeing now.