7 Foods You Can't Live Without

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, well, well, he's at it again. First it's 8 songs and now 7 foods. I am sensing a pattern here, notice the drop in sequence of things we can have? Next it's 6, 5 and so on and all of your wives are hoping he ends up on 1 woman.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not in any particular order.

1. Buffalo Wings. (not the fake crappy buffalo sauce either, Frank's Wing Sauce)
  2. Chorizo (doesn't matter what it's an ingredient of, it's BOSS)
  3. Jambalaya (my homemade version)
  4. A great Chicken Fried Steak with good gravy.
  5. Ribeye Steak (sous vide to medium, then seared over a fire)
  6. Frito Pie (made with my homemade Chili)
  7. Chicken Romano (my homemade or any really good one)
  8. Pasta Mardi Gras from Pappadeaux (don't have Pappadeaux up here, so I am forced to live without it)
Cheater! Cheater!! Sam is stuck on 8. That was songs, this is chow.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buffalo wings, my own, the original Anchor B&G recipe in Buffalo
Bone in ribeye, again my own with an espresso rub and a reverse sear on the grill
Popeyes Fried Chicken, love that chicken from Popeye's
Muffaletta, preferably from Central or Progressive Grocers in New Orleans but I will get by with Jason's Deli
Pho
Carnitas, Tacos, Enchiladas, this is the Mexican Food Group. Don't think I didn't pick up on the cheating.
Grilled pork tenderloin, my own and I must have done it a dozen different ways
Bonus pick Pizza! Pizza! but not from the chains but I can do the Brooklyn one from Dominoes, if the craving grabs me. They take the crust from the size down and stretch it but it's not like that thin cardboard crust, it's actually not bad for a chain pie.

I would have bacon, fries (sweet potato and regular) nanner puddin, key lime pie and cheesecake but I consider this to fall under the Sides and Desserts category, probably forthcoming in the 6, 5 or 4 things we can't live without. I hope 6 is the movies we can't live without because that would be hard enough but Michael might cross us up and go the other direction, 9 Movies We Can't Live Without.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Buffalo wings, my own, the original Anchor B&G recipe in Buffalo
Bone in ribeye, again my own with an espresso rub and a reverse sear on the grill
Popeyes Fried Chicken, love that chicken from Popeye's
Muffaletta, preferably from Central or Progressive Grocers in New Orleans but I will get by with Jason's Deli
Pho
Carnitas, Tacos, Enchiladas, this is the Mexican Food Group. Don't think I didn't pick up on the cheating.
Grilled pork tenderloin, my own and I must have done it a dozen different ways
Bonus pick Pizza! Pizza! but not from the chains but I can do the Brooklyn one from Dominoes, if the craving grabs me. They take the crust from the size down and stretch it but it's not like that thin cardboard crust, it's actually not bad for a chain pie.

I would have bacon, fries (sweet potato and regular) nanner puddin, key lime pie and cheesecake but I consider this to fall under the Sides and Desserts category, probably forthcoming in the 6, 5 or 4 things we can't live without. I hope 6 is the movies we can't live without because that would be hard enough but Michael might cross us up and go the other direction, 9 Movies We Can't Live Without.
i read it as eight so shut the bleep up!

btw, you can't pick multiple as a single pick. You're disqualified.

Also, I like a great pork tenderloin, but that is one food that gets old quick if made too often. I will take Pernil all day every day over pork tenderloin though.

Sammy

Reaction score
1. French press coffee. Is coffee a food? I drink it just black, so maybe it's not. :huh:
2. Apple fritters, but can't find good ones here anymore. If I ever get to Olean I'll try one there.
3. Eggs over easy with sourdough toast.
4. Homemade lasagna -- there used to be a good frozen brand but they no longer make it.
5. Pizza Hut deep dish pizza. I buy it for the crust. Oily and chewy and delicious. Please don't hate me.
6. Lemon Oreos.
7. My recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. French press coffee. Is coffee a food? I drink it just black, so maybe it's not. :huh:
2. Apple fritters, but can't find good ones here anymore. If I ever get to Olean I'll try one there.
3. Eggs over easy with sourdough toast.
4. Homemade lasagna -- there used to be a good frozen brand but they no longer make it.
5. Pizza Hut deep dish pizza. I buy it for the crust. Oily and chewy and delicious. Please don't hate me.
6. Lemon Oreos.
7. My recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies.
Probably could have gotten by with Oreos, all flavors. Why hem yourself in? Hell, I would have gone with cookies, all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i read it as eight so shut the bleep up!

btw, you can't pick multiple as a single pick. You're disqualified.

Also, I like a great pork tenderloin, but that is one food that gets old quick if made too often. I will take Pernil all day every day over pork tenderloin though.
I agree because the texture of pork tenderloin is very specific. I haven't done Pernil, but I do pork shoulder in a variety of ways, Asian, Cuban, Smoked, Carnitas.

This is Michael's thread and his rules, you can't disqualify me. If I couldn't do multiples, that would limit me. I didn't go all out and cheat like Barbecue, Italian, Asian, Mexican, South American, American and French.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Indian food, especially any of the dishes with potatoes and curry, yum
Mexican food
Chinese food
lasagna

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, well, well, he's at it again. First it's 8 songs and now 7 foods. I am sensing a pattern here, notice the drop in sequence of things we can have? Next it's 6, 5 and so on and all of your wives are hoping he ends up on 1 woman.
Next - 6 Turtle Doves, then 5 GOLDEN RINGS!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Eggs
chocolate Ice cream
Pepperoni Pizza
Burgers
Fries
Apples
Salad-I feel deficient if I don’t eat it a couple times a week.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Do PAWGs count?
* Weight limit Restrictions have hereby been lifted by the governor, till the monsoon season arrives*o_O

1) sour mash corn squeezin's
2) cheese
3) bacon/pork
4) bread
5) pretty much anything "pickled",,,eggs,carrots, cukes, cauliflower,,,ect.
6) tuna
7) sour mash corn squeezin'so_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you guys are just killing me with your pasta and sauce selections.
Whassamattawityu? Got something against ketchup?

LMAO, sometimes I might not like what I set down in front of myself for dinner but then I think 'could be worse, could be at one of those poster's homes for dinner'. For some, food is just sustenance.

Sammy

Reaction score
Probably could have gotten by with Oreos, all flavors. Why hem yourself in? Hell, I would have gone with cookies, all.

I only love the lemon ones. I can take or leave the original flavor but the other flavors are usually pretty nasty. Even with cookies, I'm a little picky.