7 must see movies this year

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
This is my top 7 movies coming out from May to December this year that I think are must see.

1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: This is the best of the books and if it follows the story it will be Awesome..

3. Fantastic Four The special effects in the preview look great

4. The Longest yard When I first saw they were remaking this with Adam Sandler in it I thought you gotta be kidding me but the trailer looks great. It helps that MI is in it as well

5. The Island The preview looked cool

6. The War of the Worlds This Movie if it follows the book should be Great

7. Star Wars III the only reason its not on the list is its already out other wise it'd be in the top 2....

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I agree with that list except for the Island.

I would add Batman Begins in it's place. Mr. and Mrs Smith looks OK also.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
This is my top 7 movies coming out from May to December this year that I think are must see.

1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: This is the best of the books and if it follows the story it will be Awesome..

3. Fantastic Four The special effects in the preview look great

4. The Longest yard When I first saw they were remaking this with Adam Sandler in it I thought you gotta be kidding me but the trailer looks great. It helps that MI is in it as well

5. The Island The preview looked cool

6. The War of the Worlds This Movie if it follows the book should be Great

7. Star Wars III the only reason its not on the list is its already out other wise it'd be in the top 2....

You know I kind of liked the prisoner of azkaban and the order of the phoenix book much better, but I think that the goblet of fire would translate the best to the screen.

MrMom

Reaction score
Throw Batman to No. 1 drop Fantastic Four off, and add Cinderella Man

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MrMom said:
Throw Batman to No. 1 drop Fantastic Four off, and add Cinderella Man
I saw the preview for Cinderella Man in passing. What is that supposed to be about?

MrMom

Reaction score
Set in New York during the Depression, this is the true story of Jim Braddock, a retired boxer trying to support his family. He gets a break and makes a spectacular return to the ring. Before long Braddock is fighting his way to the top, facing the brutal champ, Max Baer, and inspiring the country.

I also really want to see the 40 Year Old Virgin, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I heard that "The Longest Yard" is almost a word for word remake. And that Michael Irvin's performance was mostly left laying on the cutting room floor.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
I heard that "The Longest Yard" is almost a word for word remake. And that Michael Irvin's performance was mostly left laying on the cutting room floor.
Really?? The PFW.com article made it seem like he had at least a somewhat extensive role. I wouldn't be surprised, but I thought he'd have more than just a cameo or two.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This list should be a top ten...

1. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (the books are actually getting better as they go along, as are the movies).
3. Batman Begins
4. The Fantastic Four (the Human Torch sounds like a riot "Your hot!' "Thank you, so are you!")
5. Star Wars: EpIII
6. War of the Worlds
7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (a lot of you will be disappointed; THIS IS NOT A REMAKE - NOTICE THE DIFFERENT TITLE - THIS IS MORE STRICTLY BASED ON THE BOOK)
8. The Longest Yard
9. Cinderella Man
10. Mr. and Mrs. Smith

This year is the biggest year for blockbuster movies that I can remember in a LONG time....

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hehe My list is way different

1. Fantastic Four
2. Serenity
3. Star Wars
4. The Chronicles of Narnia
5. Batman begins
6. A Sound of Thunder
7. Howl's Moving Castle (I am a huge Hayo Miyazaki fan)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will see.....ZERO movies at the theaters this year....have not watched a movie at a theater since the original Jurrasic Park lol.

The first date I was on with the girl that would become my wife and I took her to dinner and a movie....she kept saying I did not have to take her to a movie but I thought she just meant to save money.

Later she told me she has some odd phobia of theaters and we have not been back since.

So I wait for the DVDs or them to come on the movie channels.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Hehe My list is way different

1. Fantastic Four
2. Serenity
3. Star Wars
4. The Chronicles of Narnia
5. Batman begins
6. A Sound of Thunder
7. Howl's Moving Castle (I am a huge Hayo Miyazaki fan)

Oh yeah, I forgot about Serenity and A Sound of Thunder. I was a fan of the Firefly TV series.

Bizwah

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You know I kind of liked the prisoner of azkaban and the order of the phoenix book much better, but I think that the goblet of fire would translate the best to the screen.

I agree......PoA was by far, the best book in the series (IMO). I hated how it was done as a movie.......I will never watch another Harry Potter movie in a theater again because of how terribly the PoA movie was done.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Just curious

How do all you grown men know about the Harry Potter books???:D

If you have kids I can understand it but if not.......

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I agree......PoA was by far, the best book in the series (IMO). I hated how it was done as a movie.......I will never watch another Harry Potter movie in a theater again because of how terribly the PoA movie was done.

I could list a lot of badly made movies from books that make me ill; it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To name ones that irk me the most

Lord of the Flies great book several badly made movies on the story never capturing the true essence of the book

Count of Monte Cristo arrg the trailers of the movie made me puke. Now realize I have read this book not once but twice one of my all time favorite of what is consider classic literature

Troy (I did not like it except the cool fighting scene with Achilles and Hector)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Just curious

How do all you grown men know about the Harry Potter books???:D

If you have kids I can understand it but if not.......

Started off because of my wife's little sister.

She is still young and they had a list of books that she could get extra credit for reading.

The first and second harry potter were on that list at the time so we got her the first 4 in the set.

She never did read it, and I got tired of reading the same books over and over again so I read them since I liked the first movie.

The books are much better then you would expect from a childs book.

To be honest I think they are too advanced and the onces after the first two are a little too dark for children.

The writer is really good at hiding many things that come into play in later books.

If Stephen King gives her good write ups...that should tell you something.

You would be amazed at the number of adults that are into the harry potter books and movies, I think they drive the market more then the children lol.

Either way they are good reads after the first two books.

I love to read so they were something a little different for me, plus it gave me a break of reading some of the same books I have read so many times.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kangaroo said:
I could list a lot of badly made movies from books that make me ill; it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To name ones that irk me the most

Lord of the Flies great book several badly made movies on the story never capturing the true essence of the book

Count of Monte Cristo arrg the trailers of the movie made me puke. Now realize I have read this book not once but twice one of my all time favorite of what is consider classic literature

Troy (I did not like it except the cool fighting scene with Achilles and Hector)

The dean koontz books, unless they are made for TV, are always terrible when done for the big screen or straight to video.

I remember seeing him in an interview one time where they asked him about one of the movies made from his book and he said something to the effect of he would rather drive a spike through hand then to watch that movie again lol.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I love to read so they were something a little different for me, plus it gave me a break of reading some of the same books I have read so many times.

Are there a lot of pictures?:D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bizwah said:

I wouldn't go that far.

I think they left many key elements out of the movie that were in the book...that was really the only thing that bugged me, and I liked the other dumbledore better but the original actor died so I can not complain about that move much.

However I liked the over all look of the POA film much better then the first two. The effects and creatures looked better. The over all look of the castle and grounds looked more realistic. The darkness of the film better fit the third book.

I just wish they would have spent more time in the shack explaining the past with the map and them all being animagus except for the werewolf.

That really let me down quite a bit but I think maybe they will touch on that in the next one some.

Not sure if you have noticed but they have put things out of order in the movie compared to the books in some cases.