Video: 8/04 Training Camp Live

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
With Gibson, Weems and Collins there is a higher ceiling, does Free have any market value around the league?

Probably, but we can't replace him right now IMO. We need to evaluate Collins, Weems, et al before losing our starting RT. Maybe prior to the final cutdown they'll find a team in need assuming we trust the replacements.

Remember you can replace Free as a starter but you still need three tackles who can play both sides well enough. Even if Weems beats him out you still have nothing with real NFL experience to play the swing tackle.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ryan Russell looks like a bad draft choice. I've been at camp several times. He can't play. Maybe practice squad guy.

The 27th pick of the 5th round likely has only a very small chance of making the final 53. Playing in a position of need, the Cowboys saw something in him that they thought they could build on. If that lands him on the PS then fine. I'm willing to wait until we see him in preseason game before thinking of calling him a bad draft pick.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Was he going up against 1st string OL or their backups? If the backups, then most likely he'll be on ps.

Back ups and 3rd string. Ebada and Russell are tied for the worst DL in camp this far. I'd rank them like this from what I've observed in person:

1.Tyrone Crawford
2. Greg Hardy
3.Randy Gregory(yes he's been better than Law)
4. Demarcus Lawrence
5. Terrell Mcclain
6. Jack Crawford
7. Ben gardener
8. Ken Bishop
9. Jeremy Mincey
10. Nick Hayden
11. Coleman

The rest have been pretty below average although Whaley has stepped up in recent days. Efe Obada looks like he's never played football he won't make the first cut. Russell isn't far behind.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Back ups and 3rd string. Ebada and Russell are tied for the worst DL in camp this far. I'd rank them like this from what I've observed in person:

1.Tyrone Crawford
2. Greg Hardy
4. Demarcus Lawrence
5. Terrell Mcclain
6. Jack Crawford
7. Ben gardener
8. Ken Bishop
9. Jeremy Mincey
10. Nick Hayden
11. Coleman

The rest have been pretty below average although Whaley has stepped up in recent days. Efe Obada looks like he's never played football he won't make the first cut. Russell isn't far behind.

Most likely ps anyways if he was doing well either way. Btw, the guys on Cowboys Break talked about how impressive Coleman has been. They seem to like him.

Last edited:

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score

1.Tyrone Crawford
2. Greg Hardy
4. Demarcus Lawrence
5. Terrell Mcclain
6. Jack Crawford
7. Ben gardener
8. Ken Bishop
9. Jeremy Mincey
10. Nick Hayden
11. Coleman

Aren't we able to keep Obada on the team for the next couple years without him taking up a PS spot? Thought I remember hearing something like that when he signed with us. Or maybe it was that no other team is allowed to sign him off our practice squad? In any case I'm intrigued with him and hope he makes the PS at least.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Aren't we able to keep Obada on the team for the next couple years without him taking up a PS spot? Thought I remember hearing something like that when he signed with us. Or maybe it was that no other team is allowed to sign him off our practice squad? In any case I'm intrigued with him and hope he makes the PS at least.

Yeah you get one additional PS spot for an international player.

Staubacher

Reaction score
He got a rep he really didn't deserve although to be fair he was slow/resistant to pick up the new ZBS of Callahan. Then there was a cacophony of despair and criticism of the player and....well you know the rest. Myths are hard to dispel once perpetuated.

He can be replaced. We just haven't run into the bloke yet.

Nice verbiage - cacophony, perpetuated...