Twitter: 8/28 Cowboy tweets

SSoup

Reaction score

It sounds like the conditions on the 6th round pick being bumped up to a 5th are hilariously easy/likely to be reached. So it's basically a 5th rounder they're getting. And the Eagles figure to be worse than us so their 5th would be higher than ours, most likely. So in order to beat their offer, we'd have had to offer a 4th.

I know some people are pitching hissy fits today because they think it's a 6th round pick and they don't see why we didn't do it if the cost was that low. But it would've realistically taken a 4th, it seems to me. And I'm okay with not trading a 4th rounder for that kid.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is very on-brand for the culture of Dallas Cowboys football in recent decades. A backup player who's only even making the roster because his contract makes him too hard cut, holding court with the media and talking about the "amazing things" he's doing.
Well when the guy who signs the checks goes on the radio and calls you a "cornerstone player," maybe one tends to think what theyre doing is just great.

I really have NO idea why we don't win. Can't put a finger on it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It sounds like the conditions on the 6th round pick being bumped up to a 5th are hilariously easy/likely to be reached. So it's basically a 5th rounder they're getting. And the Eagles figure to be worse than us so their 5th would be higher than ours, most likely. So in order to beat their offer, we'd have had to offer a 4th.

I know some people are pitching hissy fits today because they think it's a 6th round pick and they don't see why we didn't do it if the cost was that low. But it would've realistically taken a 4th, it seems to me. And I'm okay with not trading a 4th rounder for that kid.
Way to rationale it to the point of soothing yourself.

Loso86

Reaction score
I'm not buying it Ed Werder. Dallas probably didn't do any due diligence on Minshew. If they made a trade or added a vet backup QB, the FO would have to admit they made a mistake coming to camp with Rush, Gilbert and DeNucci. Barnum & Bailey don't generally do that at all.
They don't have to admit anything if they do anything. I'm sure they discussed it