8 seconds left

Swagger

Reaction score
When Dak slid.

Go watch every game ever. In none of them will you find it takes a ref 8 seconds to spot the ball.

None!
Maybe because the player (Prescott in this instance) actually gives the ball to the referee in the first instance after sliding

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The umpire spots the ball...not the center. Dak is a 6-year veteran, he knows that you just can't give it to your center like it's a pickup game. If he gets right up and finds the umpire then maybe there is 1 second left. Instead, the ump has to slide through Dak and Biadasz and the game is over.

Gaede

Reaction score
I’d have to say take the might out of it and say it’s the absolute dumbest thing I’ve even seen with the season on the line

Agreed. Who does that? Did they think Dak was gonna tear off a 50 yd Td run?!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same ump that was standing over the ball for 5 sec after the fake punt that got us a delay of game. Who knew the ump would sack our QB to end the game.
Was also the same ump that tried to freeze zherlien by blowing the whistle to walk up and move the ball over 4 inches just before the snap

RonWashington

Reaction score
That didn’t lose the game . 14 penalties & your at midfield ending the first half you have time and guess what you get no points out of the deal . 16-7 could have been 16-10 plus you get the kickoff begin 3rd quarter. A 9 point deficit instead of 6 was huge .

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
None of those guys and we still couldn't get a decent pass off. Smh

Pressure was still there and the playcalling didn't adjust.

Completely unaware of the situation and that they had the full playbook available.

They made themselves one dimensional and made the 9ers job easier.

Just ... I can't

silvernblu

Reaction score
Game was over when the ref tackled Dak and Biadizc. Maybe the pull it off if they don't lose that 1/2 second
Actually it wasn’t. He spotted it. Then moved it again. Took an extra two seconds right there.

ksadler1

Reaction score
SOS different year. We all watch every year hoping it will be different. Problem is, Jerry is still in charge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Could of had 2 shots in the end zone. Instead Dak tried to get into easy field goal range.

Dak didnt call that stupid play buddy. Are you that blinded by your hate for Dak that cant even understand basic concepts?

CWR

Reaction score
Pressure was still there and the playcalling didn't adjust.

Completely unaware of the situation and that they had the full playbook available.

They made themselves one dimensional and made the 9ers job easier.

Just ... I can't

Yeah pressure is pretty common against this line. Play calling is trash. We haven't adjusted since Denver.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched MM's press conference. He said they always try to give themselves a shot at the end of the game being near or inside the 20. He also said they practice this situation every week. In that case, how did Dak not know about spotting the ball?
Clearly that was the plan. Could have worked

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could have had 2 decent shots at the end zone from the 40.....at least give yourself a chance....just dumb football..
Analytics say one shot from the 20 is higher odds than two from the 40

JayFord

Reaction score
i know the ref has to spot the ball

but that was the second time he got in the way....you see him try and set it once and then set it again

and that fake punt conversion he didnt move out the way until one second was left

Mannix

Reaction score
I do know this...if this game were in Tampa or Green Bay, the ref doesn't worry abut moving the ball back 1 yard....and if he did interfere with the player, time would have been put back on the clock