8 yrs of Garrett. are we better or worse?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Like I posted in another thread. I think when it comes to the cowboys: The more things change, the more they remain the same. I doesn't matter who the coach is, if they don't have the power to fully be a leader to the team. Unless Jerry gives up some power like he did when Parcells was here, or Jimmy was here, then things will remain the same.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
You know what? I've been a strong supporter of Garret since day one. It's wearing on me. When I look at the totality of the 8 years, I see good things, but the results are not getting better, and it is insane to keep doing the same things. IT's like the bengals.

I am announcing that I am off the Garret bandwagon ... I am not gonna call for him to get fired, but 8 years of no results is enough to pull the plug.

Get me Jim Harbaugh please as HC, Kris as DC, fire the whole offensive staff

:cool:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In 2014 we had a team that could have made a run at a championship for a few years.

The runner up for MVP never played another season , we let the leagues leading RB walk and our All Pro WR never had an elite QB again.

We’ve rebuilt another pretty good team in 3 years less a great QB.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Why can't I? He's a part of the war room that selected this stiff. He apparently believes in this empty vessel. Unless we can prove he's been completely against pushing out Romo, not moving up for Wentz and drafting Prescott then I can blame him right with the Jones twins.

They are farther away from winning a title now than they were when he got here because they don't have a QB.
This is absolutely 100% correct. You build with a franchise QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why can't I? He's a part of the war room that selected this stiff. He apparently believes in this empty vessel. Unless we can prove he's been completely against pushing out Romo, not moving up for Wentz and drafting Prescott then I can blame him right with the Jones twins.

They are farther away from winning a title now than they were when he got here because they don't have a QB.
I’d agree . Not having a great QB we are further away.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Well remember, Dak originally got drafted to be the back up quarterback, and learn under romo and if we were lucky enough step in when romo would retire. But Backup was the main reason. Jason Garrett had nothing to do with Romo getting injured in 2016, and Dak Balling out that season, so that many experts were saying that the cowboys should go with the hot hand, because of chemistry. In fact, when Romo said that this was Dak's team now, it sort of put a strain on his relationship with Garrett, or at least what local sports talk radio was saying at the time, since Garrett wasn't supposedly ready to hand the team over to Dak, yet, and Romo did that without talking to him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I posted in another thread. I think when it comes to the cowboys: The more things change, the more they remain the same. I doesn't matter who the coach is, if they don't have the power to fully be a leader to the team. Unless Jerry gives up some power like he did when Parcells was here, or Jimmy was here, then things will remain the same.

Let them have their fantasy.

We just need another new head coach and all of this pays off handsomely.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
In 2014 we had a team that could have made a run at a championship for a few years.

The runner up for MVP never played another season , we let the leagues leading RB walk and our All Pro WR never had an elite QB again.

We’ve rebuilt another pretty good team in 3 years less a great QB.

Hot damn DHB I’m agreeing with you way too much lately sir! We gotta stop this trend quickly lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well remember, Dak originally got drafted to be the back up quarterback, and learn under romo and if we were lucky enough step in when romo would retire. But Backup was the main reason. Jason Garrett had nothing to do with Romo getting injured in 2016, and Dak Balling out that season, so that many experts were saying that the cowboys should go with the hot hand, because of chemistry. In fact, when Romo said that this was Dak's team now, it sort of put a strain on his relationship with Garrett, or at least what local sports talk radio was saying at the time, since Garrett wasn't supposedly ready to hand the team over to Dak, yet, and Romo did that without talking to him.

I'm talking about when Romo got healthy. Prove to me Garrett was against keeping Prescott on the field and going with him for the future which forced Romo out.

You actually believe Tony Romo made the call to stick with Prescott in 2016? I thought we were having a serious conversation.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yep

Basically two type of NFL teams.

One has a great Qb to build around. The others are looking for a great Qb.

And the mistake a lot of people make, is thinking that you just draft one in the first round after a really bad season. It's a lottery Ticket unfortunately.

Common Sense

Reaction score

Hot hands don’t exist. They’re just stories we tell ourselves to make sense of randomness. Anyone could see that Dak had poor footwork and a questionable arm. He was lucky that the offense was loaded at every single position and could consistently bail him out. Simply put, Dak’s 2016 stats were a mirage.

Had Garrett put Romo back into the starting lineup, we might have won a Super Bowl. His release from the team wouldn’t have played out like a classless spectacle. Maybe he’d even have played last year. Maybe we’d have been a playoff contender.

Now imagine how many piss poor Garrett coaching decisions have had cascading effects like these over the last decade.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm talking about when Romo got healthy. Prove to me Garrett was against keeping Prescott on the field and going with him for the future which forced Romo out.

You actually believe Tony Romo made the call to stick with Prescott in 2016? I thought we were having a serious conversation.

Romo made the announcement to the media that this was Dak's Team, supposedly surprising Garrett and everyone else. At least that was the speculative narative locally on radio, and the evidence to that was that Romo and Garrett who were close had a falling out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Ultimately it was Jerry’s decision .

I realize Jerry initially wanted to go with Romo but the Winning Wave was too much for Jerry to go with Romo. Jerry was better off losing with Dak in the playoffs than taking a chance winning with Romo.

Jerry had new merchandise to sell with Dak and Zeke together were bigger than Romo.

And why he’s so intent on seeing Dak work or he’ll look the fool going with Dak.

Here’s how we’ll know if it was Jason’s influence. Jerry will fire Jason over Daks lack of success if we have to go another direction at QB.

Last edited: