85th annual Academy Awards

kristie

Reaction score
for all the movie buffs here, who's watching? not bad so far IMO.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I missed the first 30 mins. I will say that I think they finally nailed the play-off theme. Nothing beats Jaws.

kristie

Reaction score
TheCount;5008260 said:
I missed the first 30 mins. I will say that I think they finally nailed the play-off theme. Nothing beats Jaws.

absolutely.

Diogenes

Reaction score
I was both surprised and pleased that Christoph Waltz won for Best Supporting Actor. I thought for sure DeNiro was gonna win.

Diogenes

Reaction score
I'm 1 for 2 in the major awards.

My predictions:

Best Director: Spielberg
Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
Supporting Actor: Robert Deniro
Best Actress: Emmanuelle Riva
Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
Best Picture: Argo

kristie

Reaction score
Diogenes;5008271 said:
I was both surprised and pleased that Christoph Waltz won for Best Supporting Actor. I thought for sure DeNiro was gonna win.

same here.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
if Jennifer Lawrence does not win it will be a travesty. The girl is gifted. She IS the character while other actors play the character. 22 years old and already nominated in 2 of the 4 movies she has made. The girl is a star.

kristie

Reaction score
FloridaRob;5008303 said:
if Jennifer Lawrence does not win it will be a travesty. The girl is gifted. She IS the character while other actors play the character. 22 years old and already nominated in 2 of the 4 movies she has made. The girl is a star.

she's awesome. :D

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Diogenes;5008317 said:
Jennifer Lawrence "we haven't seen your boobs."

<a href="http://media2.policymic.com/543d3b30eb8ca44dec2b8a576ec9e037.gif" target="_blank">

I am in love....

FloridaRob

Reaction score
ARGO was ok but I did not think it was Oscar Worthy. I had no problem with any of the other winners but noway should Argo have been nominated much less won. I saw it the other night and while it was ok it sure did not measure up to Silver Linings Playbook or Lincoln.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Seth McFarlane did a solid job...bet the ABC folk were relieved.:laugh2:

Interesting show. Usually one movie dominates the major categories. Life of PI won the most.

I believe Daniel Day Lewis became the first to win 3 best actor awards...and he deserves it. He is probably the best actor of his generation.

Diogenes

Reaction score
blindzebra;5008339 said:
Seth McFarlane did a solid job...bet the ABC folk were relieved.:laugh2:

No kidding. Ballsy move to have MacFarlane host. I'm sure the execs breathed a big sigh of relief.

blindzebra;5008339 said:
I believe Daniel Day Lewis became the first to win 3 best actor awards...and he deserves it. He is probably the best actor of his generation.

In my opinion, Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor of all time. His work in There Will Be Blood was the single best acting performance I have ever seen.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Speaking of Jennifer Lawrence. The next instalment of The Hunger Games "Catching Fire" should be out soon.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I was watching in and out some. Few of the ramblings.

Got to see Adele perform. I dont know whats more stunning, her face or her voice. Just stunning.

I usually can not stand Anne Hathaway, shes just so over the top for me. But, she was tolerable tonight, I guess.

I used to think Ben Affleck was just dumb and rode Matt Damon's coattails. He is not dumb, but I still do not like him.

Daniel Day Lewis is great.

Jennifer Lawrence is so cute. Even the way she fell was cute. I haven't seen her movie, but I am buying the hype. So many people tell me shes great, so I got to go see for myself now.

I usually do not get Quentin Tarentino movies, they are a little out there for me, but I Django Unchained is my favorite.

Why is Jennifer Hudson shouting at me?

Seth was mediocre, not horribly bad, but not that great. ZzZzz at most of the jokes.

The tiny girl who inhaled helium got annoying quick.

Sandra Bullock is gorgeous.

Jennifer Aniston looks like Dustin Hoffman in drag.

Charlize Theron is gorgeous, even with that ugly haircut. Only Halle Berry can pull off pixie cut.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
First time in my life I watched this cattle call and realized I haven't missed a thing. Some of the most low class crap I have ever seen. A song about boobs? Really? Can you imagine an audience that had people like john Wayne and Humphrey Bogart in it and some dope starts singing that garbage?

Though I thought it was funny when the one guy won an award and he said he didn't have time to thank the cast of the movie he just won for but he had time to thank his attorney and his agent.

These people are so self centered. What a joke.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
FloridaRob;5008337 said:
ARGO was ok but I did not think it was Oscar Worthy. I had no problem with any of the other winners but noway should Argo have been nominated much less won. I saw it the other night and while it was ok it sure did not measure up to Silver Linings Playbook or Lincoln.

I thought it was better than both of those, and the best of the nominated films. That despite the lack of Jennifer Lawrence.

The real travesty of the night was Brave (which was pretty much crap) winning over Wreck-It Ralph.