85th annual Academy Awards

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Last time I watched the Oscars was when Halle Berry won and I tuned in just as it was being announced. I'm not a fan of McFarline so I wouldn't have watched anyway.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Diogenes;5008342 said:
In my opinion, Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor of all time. His work in There Will Be Blood was the single best acting performance I have ever seen.

One of the most boring movies I have ever tried to watch. I couldn't make it past half way.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daniel Day Lewis definitely gets my vote for greatest living actor.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Diogenes;5008342 said:
No kidding. Ballsy move to have MacFarlane host. I'm sure the execs breathed a big sigh of relief.

I was disappointed in MacFarlane. He was just okay as host, when I expected him to be really good.

I thought the whole angle with Shatner was only mildly funny.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;5008814 said:
First time in my life I watched this cattle call and realized I haven't missed a thing. Some of the most low class crap I have ever seen. A song about boobs? Really? Can you imagine an audience that had people like john Wayne and Humphrey Bogart in it and some dope starts singing that garbage?

Though I thought it was funny when the one guy won an award and he said he didn't have time to thank the cast of the movie he just won for but he had time to thank his attorney and his agent.

These people are so self centered. What a joke.

It was self parody.

The minute McFarlane was announced as host the buzz was oh crap the censors better be ready and it is gonna need a longer delay.

And I bet Wayne would have laughed his butt off. For crying out load he spanked Maureen O'Hara on screen, I highly doubt hearing a song about boobies would offend him.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
blindzebra;5009017 said:
It was self parody.

The minute McFarlane was announced as host the buzz was oh crap the censors better be ready and it is gonna need a longer delay.

And I bet Wayne would have laughed his butt off. For crying out load he spanked Maureen O'Hara on screen, I highly doubt hearing a song about boobies would offend him.

I imagine he would have comported himself differently in public. People had morals then. Now it's all trash.

bounce

Reaction score
Risen Star;5008946 said:
Daniel Day Lewis definitely gets my vote for greatest living actor.

Reading about his method is amazing. He becomes the character on and off set, and stays in character to the detriment of his health. When he played Bill the Butcher in GoNY, he would only wear period style coats, and started to give himself pneumonia. That's just one of many stories I've heard about him.

But, I agree with your statement.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
bounce;5009035 said:
Reading about his method is amazing. He becomes the character on and off set, and stays in character to the detriment of his health. When he played Bill the Butcher in GoNY, he would only wear period style coats, and started to give himself pneumonia. That's just one of many stories I've heard about him.

But, I agree with your statement.

DDL was awesome in GoNY and as RA said he is the best living actor. I enjoy his films and him as an actor and I apperciate stories like the one above. Unfortunately though stories like that can kill a person see Heath Ledger etc...

kristie

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;5008347 said:
Speaking of Jennifer Lawrence. The next instalment of The Hunger Games "Catching Fire" should be out soon.

it's coming out in November of this year.