85th annual Academy Awards

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by kristie, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Well-Known Member

47,628 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Last time I watched the Oscars was when Halle Berry won and I tuned in just as it was being announced. I'm not a fan of McFarline so I wouldn't have watched anyway.

2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Well-Known Member

47,628 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    One of the most boring movies I have ever tried to watch. I couldn't make it past half way.

3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

60,695 Messages
    110,529 Likes Received
    Daniel Day Lewis definitely gets my vote for greatest living actor.

4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

60,695 Messages
    110,529 Likes Received
    I was disappointed in MacFarlane. He was just okay as host, when I expected him to be really good.

I thought the whole angle with Shatner was only mildly funny.

5. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,543 Messages
    4,424 Likes Received
    It was self parody.

The minute McFarlane was announced as host the buzz was oh crap the censors better be ready and it is gonna need a longer delay.

And I bet Wayne would have laughed his butt off. For crying out load he spanked Maureen O'Hara on screen, I highly doubt hearing a song about boobies would offend him.

6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,499 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I imagine he would have comported himself differently in public. People had morals then. Now it's all trash.

7. bounce

bounce Well-Known Member

994 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Reading about his method is amazing. He becomes the character on and off set, and stays in character to the detriment of his health. When he played Bill the Butcher in GoNY, he would only wear period style coats, and started to give himself pneumonia. That's just one of many stories I've heard about him.

But, I agree with your statement.

8. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    18,802 Likes Received
    DDL was awesome in GoNY and as RA said he is the best living actor. I enjoy his films and him as an actor and I apperciate stories like the one above. Unfortunately though stories like that can kill a person see Heath Ledger etc...

9. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

8,483 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    it's coming out in November of this year.