#88 & #88 - Mr. Clutch & The Playmaker

Mash

Reaction score
I hope Roy Williams does become the WR we all want him to be....

But Roy needs to improve alot from what he showed us last season......

I dont want this to become the second Roy Williams to steal money from us.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mash;2689332 said:
I hope Roy Williams does become the WR we all want him to be....

But Roy needs to improve alot from what he showed us last season......

I dont want this to become the second Roy Williams to steal money from us.

I don't get it. Roy Williams is going to replace TO as the primary receiver. The difference is, TO is better than Roy is, even now. They are going to try and throw to him a lot. The replacement of TO, most likely, isn't going to stop Romo from targetting his number one receiver.

Further, Roy doesn't have the speed TO has, so the deep threat is essentially elminated. How are we going to get the spacing that TOs presence created?

Garrett hasn't shown any ability to devise a strategy to attack the short field. We have no short passing game, nor do we have an effective play-action to keep safeties biting. Unless Garrett radically re-vises his startegy, this offense is going to take a step backwards.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
khiladi;2689099 said:
According to who? I never once in my mind thought that HoF players are lousy route runners, especially those that are best in the West Coast offense...

T.O. got by on pure physical talent alone. He was never a great route runner. He was average.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yoshimitsu;2689338 said:
T.O. got by on pure physical talent alone. He was never a great route runner. He was average.

Plenty of receivers have physical talent, but don't put up anywhere near the same numbers as TO. Again, why were his best years in the West Coast system, when rhythm and timing with the QB is essential?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't bringing in Pearson or Irvin completely discredit our current coaches?

Reaction score
Could've listened to me when i told everybody Roy was a piece of crap reciever in Detroit when a majority of people on the board thought he was a number 1 reciever. When you push away a loud mouth guy with alot of heart for a loud mouth guy with no heart it is what it is. Enjoy

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Who's going to compete with him for the #1 spot....
No one, unless we bring Torry Holt in...

Seriously...
I think he should earn the spot, but either way he'll be the #1. Miles and Crayton are no competition..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Vintage;2688980 said:
Continuity has been the theme preached this offseason.

Last year and the year before, and the year before that... Romo's #1 WR ran poor routes.

This year... he'll still have a #1 WR that runs poor routes.

being coached properly + addition of great QB = Championship.
Fixed it for you, the unbiased post.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
khiladi;2689337 said:
I don't get it. Roy Williams is going to replace TO as the primary receiver. The difference is, TO is better than Roy is, even now.

RW has better hands than TO so it balances out. In fact I'm willing to bet we get more production out of the possession guy...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2689642 said:
RW has better hands than TO so it balances out. In fact I'm willing to bet we get more production out of the possession guy...
I probably have better hands than both combined, so what? Scoring TDs = points = wins.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Texan_Eph89;2689548 said:
Who's going to compete with him for the #1 spot....
No one, unless we bring Torry Holt in...

Seriously...
I think he should earn the spot, but either way he'll be the #1. Miles and Crayton are no competition..

And what if they are? Competition, that is. Honestly, more was seen out of the two of them last year than was seen from "#11".

Roy Williams gets one pass. It's been had and now it's time he starts earning his own keep. Which I don't think anybody can say what exactly that will be. Austin and Crayton should both suit up. We don't know what we have with Williams- heck, the NFL doesn't even know. Making your bread on the Detroit Lions doesn't exactly constitute accuracy as far as perception may go. Especially in a play it from behind passing attack where the opposing team doesn't even take you serious and is most likely in a prevent defense almost constantly.

To make matters worse, he has a loser mentality. Which might not be coincidental how his acquisition seemingly coincided with our downfall this past season. Once you let something like that leak in a locker room..

I'm just saying, the verdict is far from coming in on this case. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those hold your breath indefinitely scenarios. We need clear-cut or it could be another tail-wind of a season.

Tobal

Reaction score
We were in free fall when we traded for Williams, lets not try that big of a history rewrite.

Mansta54

Reaction score
RW will shine in our offense this season. The guy is a baller and Romo will find him after a entire offseason of working together. The guy has great hands and catches everything near him. RW will be just fine...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Mansta54;2689972 said:
RW will shine in our offense this season. The guy is a baller and Romo will find him after a entire offseason of working together. The guy has great hands and catches everything near him. RW will be just fine...
I don't know what Roy is cause I've not seen anything yet. He had a couple of solid catches last year, but all receivers make a few solid catches.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm not convinced RW will replace TO but they should get on the same page esp with Tony working three times a week with him.

We're ok with what we have but I am worried about no depth at the top.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We really need to address the OLine, but Jerry is too impatient to do that early on, so then I look at WR, although he may look at safety as well.

I know people don't think a WR can contribute his first year, but if you have the proper coaching, a WR can make some noise, maybe not all star noise but some.