Adult Language 88 Irvin stated "Cowboys Already Making Off Season Plans"

khiladi

Reaction score
I would say tearing down your house and building another one in the middle of the season right before big game against a top team is definitely making offseason plans
Dak spends more time picking out his suits on game day than he does all week on the game.

At least Romo just put on his cap backward, before having to come in and bail out the coaching staff.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dak spends more time picking out his suits on game day than he does all week on the game.

At least Romo just put on his cap backward, before having to come in and bail out the coaching staff.
Lol yeah remember the good old days when wearing your hat backwards and playing a round of golf meant you weren't focused on playing football?
Now it's strip clubs, house rebuilds and endless commercials

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Michael Irvin has turned into another criticizing troll, yet he offers no advice on how to fix this team. Just shut it, Irvin. No one wants to hear your criticisms which offer absolutely no help.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think Irvin is on to something. This season is all but over and the players know it.

It was clear from the seasons first day that this will be a rebuild phase we are entering.
Call it rebuild, tank, refocus, whatever...

And players are not stupid. They knew that also.
Our roster is not good and we maneuvered us into cap hell during the last 4 years.

We all know that. No need for some Irvin to explain it to us.

And when you look at the defensive players body language in the third quarter. Even in the games before this, some have checked out already.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I think 2025 has always been Jerry's plan for a major overhaul and a bunch of players know this is their season to shine IF they wanna return.
That’s a bad mentality for the players. If you don’t play for the cowboys, at least play for yourself aka your next contract. This is jsut common. I can’t stand my supervisor. That don’t mean I stop working. I work even harder to get up form under him be it with my company or another company but I’ll never let another person dictate the quality of my craft/work.

Kearse had that mentality last season because he knew he was knhis way out and I felt like he was dogging out there , it really giving his all. I bet he wished he played like was capable of because now he’s out the league without a team to play for.

John813

Reaction score
There's something wrong with the roster and staff when there's 4 home games in a row and they are getting blown out/beat down. And outside of week 1, they've had close wins too.

It's like a D-II college team vs Sabans Alabama in the first half.

Just not competitive on either side of the ball. Opponents can score at will and the offense looks like it's a Make a wish personnel.

It seems like it could be 2010 all over again unless they can find football Jesus during the bye week.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'll keep saying it.

This was a lost season from the start. The "all in" comments were just propaganda meant to continue fan interest and revenue. They let go all of those people and didn't replace them. They kept MM on the last year of his deal. If you didn't see a down year coming, I don't know what to say.

Now the team knows its screwed and is making business decisions. No reason to get yourself hurt over a team that isn't even trying to win.

Next year is going to be a problem too but at least things will start turning with a new coach and hopefully a new RB.

Its kind of ridiculous that a fair percentage of Dak's new deal is going to be used up on years where the team isn't even trying to win. Like, what was the point?

slick325

Reaction score
Be inactive throughout. Talk about the "pie". Bemoan having to manage the cap while trying to re-sign Parsons. Talk about having to think about signing Tyler Smith and DaRon Bland down the road.

Then finally sell the fans on the amount of talent the team has through great drafting and how they are preparing for a long playoff run in the 2025 season.