Adult Language 88 Irvin stated "Cowboys Already Making Off Season Plans"

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Love this man. But I am getting tired of this act.

Michael, until you unlock your tongue to tell the truth and point to the old guy who held this organization hostage to his ego, you are becoming a broken record. You know it and we know it.

Irvin, Aikman, Emmitt, Johnston, even Staubach need to spell the truth and start putting pressure on Jerry. They need to tell him to either sell the team or bring in true football operation. I know he covers them with perks like access, stadium suites, ROH, etc., etc.. But there is time when one should show they care about this team and man up to the old man.

:cool:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Michael Irvin has turned into another criticizing troll, yet he offers no advice on how to fix this team. Just shut it, Irvin. No one wants to hear your criticisms which offer absolutely no help.
A/C, you watched the same game the rest of us watched, yet you are calling him a troll for voicing his opinion? He's just repeating the same things we say. I'm still waiting for him to start trashing Jerry, though.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I am shocked to hear this, with an unquestioned and universally beloved leader like #4 in the locker room.

I've been told for years about his incredible locker room presence and how people just can't wait to go to war with him and how much he inspires everybody around him.

And now this? I just don't know who to believe anymore....
Say It Ain't So Playmaker

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Six minutes. 23 seconds. Criticism of players. Criticism of coaching. Criticism of team attitude and direction. And not one second of criticism devoted for front office management. Hilarious.
That criticism would absolutely be warranted, you'll get no argument from me on that. But the reality is that's not going to change anytime soon unfortunately and we all know it. But the players and coaches are getting paid to do a job and they are clearly mailing it in.

I agree with you that the front office has not built a team on paper that is good enough to contend for a championship. But they are a hell of a lot better than what they showed yesterday and that's on them.

Absolutely no heart or pride anywhere on that sideline yesterday. Totally inexcusable

Rayman70

Reaction score
Players are paid to do their jobs. This aint high school where you loaf....AND make "after game plans" IN GAME! This is Bush league. Irvin was right. ANYONE happen to see DFlaw and Micah chatting it up on the sidelines laughing while we were phoning the game in? Did they look like they cared? I'll wait and let y'all tell me...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That criticism would absolutely be warranted, you'll get no argument from me on that. But the reality is that's not going to change anytime soon unfortunately and we all know it. But the players and coaches are getting paid to do a job and they are clearly mailing it in.

I agree with you that the front office has not built a team on paper that is good enough to contend for a championship. But they are a hell of a lot better than what they showed yesterday and that's on them.

Absolutely no heart or pride anywhere on that sideline yesterday. Totally inexcusable
Every professional team, in every professional sport, is an interconnected organization. Management cannot be separated from sustained poor performance.

Players must improve. Coaching must improve. Attitude and culture must improve. Not addressing another team element that must also improve, even though it is a component of the team that is self-serving and immune from corrective action, diminishes the overall picture of accountability.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I'll keep saying it.

This was a lost season from the start. The "all in" comments were just propaganda meant to continue fan interest and revenue. They let go all of those people and didn't replace them. They kept MM on the last year of his deal. If you didn't see a down year coming, I don't know what to say.

Now the team knows its screwed and is making business decisions. No reason to get yourself hurt over a team that isn't even trying to win.

Next year is going to be a problem too but at least things will start turning with a new coach and hopefully a new RB.

Its kind of ridiculous that a fair percentage of Dak's new deal is going to be used up on years where the team isn't even trying to win. Like, what was the point?
Preach to all of this

Vomit

Reaction score
I think 2025 has always been Jerry's plan for a major overhaul and a bunch of players know this is their season to shine IF they wanna return.
Problematic thinking. The only thing “GM” Jerry plans is how to rake in more bucks off the gullible fans and how to spin the turd out on the field into a rose.

“Football plans” & “GM” Jerry are mutually exclusive. Everyone should know that by now. We have 30 years of evidence.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Many wanted to tank, well be happy....it's happening, weather by choice or not. You are getting what you wanted. Many didn't want to tank, they are the ones that should be pissed and I'm right there with them.
All due respect you could not be more wrong. Your thinking is totally upside down. Your crowd got exactly what you wanted. You got your boy Prescott signed to a record-breaking extension as the Cornerstone of the team and the guy we could build around. You bought what Jerry was selling and told us it would work and that we were idiots for thinking it wouldn't

The people that wanted to tank were against mortgaging any chance of winning in the next decade with the type of contracts that were handed out. Truly tanking would have meant walking away from those overpriced toys and starting over

We were correct, and we were bullied, badgered and belittled for it. But we were right and at this point there is nobody who doesn't see that except Jerry. We are the ones who should be upset. You and your crowd got exactly what you wanted. You are partly to blame because you enabled this

Rayman70

Reaction score
tanking is one thing, BUT to be bullied like this consistently AT HOME no less, shows a desire to not give your all by the staff and players. It starts with piss poor prep then lack of want to. One thing to note, our talent around here aint even close to being playoff caliber. We been led by a bunch of pied pipers called Jerry and Stevie coupled with the MSM hype train. Zimmer looked like a confused old guy yesterday who had no business on an NFL sideline. He must go. MM was out of answers.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All due respect you could not be more wrong. Your thinking is totally upside down. Your crowd got exactly what you wanted. You got your boy Prescott signed to a record-breaking extension as the Cornerstone of the team and the guy we could build around. You bought what Jerry was selling and told us it would work and that we were idiots for thinking it wouldn't

The people that wanted to tank were against mortgaging any chance of winning in the next decade with the type of contracts that were handed out. Truly tanking would have meant walking away from those overpriced toys and starting over

We were correct, and we were bullied, badgered and belittled for it. But we were right and at this point there is nobody who doesn't see that except Jerry. We are the ones who should be upset. You and your crowd got exactly what you wanted. You are partly to blame because you enabled this
I never supported the Prescott contract, I just don't cry about crap that I can't control. And, if you think you were bullied on a forum, you need to get out more.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if this was one or two players phoning in a game like Diggs did, IT HAPPENS, but to see it darn near across the board in real time was what shocked most of us watching. Its glaringly obvious this is about attitude and the soft/passive culture. No other way to state it, we are a team of wimps and quitters. Until that is changed, expect more of it.