980 WTEM Sports Radio in D.C.: Ex-Skin Brian Mitchell talks Cowboys

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BM:Hated the cowboys even when he left the Skins (played with Gnats and Beagles)

BM:Says people didn't like the Cowboys because they talked trash on the field

BM:Hated that the boys were called america's team...the real one is in the capital

BM:Records don't make a difference it is one game and it is a rivalry

BM:If the skins go in with the right mind set they can winn

***One of the hosts on WEM who is a Cowboys fan says that they may have to call child protective services at halftime because the Cowboys are going to be beating them so bad

BM:Claims he can play right now with the skins and shake (get yards) the Cowboys

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He's just playing up to the Skins fans, telling them what they want to hear, deep down Mitchell knows the have a slim chance on Sunday.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Brian Mitchell is definitely in the top 5 of the players I did not like when playing the Cowboys:

1. Brian Mitchell
2. Larry Centers
3. Wilbert Montgomery
4. Harold Carmichael
5. Wendell Tyler

burmafrd

Reaction score
He has got a nerve about talking trash. I guess he does not want to discuss Portis, Taylor, etc.
The Skins willnever be more then they are now- a somewhat regional team. DC area and THAT is all. TALK about deluded or over inflated self importance.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1765571 said:
Brian Mitchell is definitely in the top 5 of the players I did not like when playing the Cowboys:

1. Brian Mitchell
2. Larry Centers
3. Wilbert Montgomery
4. Harold Carmichael
5. Wendell Tyler
Man, my list doesn't have even one of those guys on it. Understand, I respected the players listed below, but I did not like playing against them.

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Randy Moss
3. John Riggins
4. Dexter Manley
5. Eric Dickerson

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765554 said:
BM:Hated the cowboys even when he left the Skins (played with Gnats and Beagles)

BM:Hated that the boys were called america's team...the real one is in the capital

***One of the hosts on WEM who is a Cowboys fan says that they may have to call child protective services at halftime because the Cowboys are going to be beating them so bad

BM:Claims he can play right now with the skins and shake (get yards) the Cowboys

Who on 980 is a Cowboys fan? :confused:

I listen to that station every morning and every afternoon, and I've NEVER heard a Cowboys fan on there (outside of an occasional caller who usually gets promptly hung up on).

Also, its funny that B-Mitch hates the Cowboys so much and would call the Skins "America's Team." Its funny because the Redsk*n fans HATE him now because he doesn't kiss the team's butt non-stop.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

Kids, this is what happens when you're on crack. Seriously.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;1765583 said:
Man, my list doesn't have even one of those guys on it. Understand, I respected the players listed below, but I did not like playing against them.

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Randy Moss
3. John Riggins
4. Dexter Manley
5. Eric Dickerson

Replace Dickerson with Joe Montana and our list would be identical.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adbutcher;1765590 said:
Replace Dickerson with Joe Montana and our list would be identical.
No joke, I flipped a coin between those 2.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Wow I guess the cowboys "talking trash" on the field in 1990 has alot to do with the game this week huh.

Very informative breakdown mr. mitchell.

other players caring that the organization is called americas team is about the most foolish thing I ever hear. Why do people care about this, why do they need that for motivation? Explains alot about the mentality with alot of the guys in the time period he played.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Hostile;1765583 said:

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Randy Moss
3. John Riggins
4. Dexter Manley
5. Eric Dickerson

LOl, if I did a top 10 it would include Riggins, Moss, Meggett, Rice, and Taylor.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DW, the co-host who is a Cowboys fan is named Derrick Davis and they have another guy on here named Clint something who claims to be a Cowboys fan as well. He has been talking trash to all the Commanders fans that have called in.

I am streaming 980 WTEM at work, is it common for music to play during the commercial break? Most radio stations have ads running but 980 WTEM has music playing for like 7 minutes.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile;1765583 said:

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Randy Moss
3. John Riggins
4. Dexter Manley
5. Eric Dickerson

Riggins would be my number 1 man how I hated to see him get the ball. Riggins was something to watch a great player. Everyone talks about Barber running hard Riggins ran like that did it and was better than barber at it.

Man i still have nightmares of Riggins plowing into the endzone and ripping the heart out of my chest while he destroyed my Cowboys :mad::mad::mad:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

:blind:

:zzz:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
This is some very interesting radio. The host, Doc is talking alot of crap about the Cowboys.

One caller was jokingly saying that Terrell Owens is being quiet because he is scared of Tank Johnson and his guns?

These guys are extremely bitter.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765632 said:
This is some very interesting radio. The host, Doc is talking alot of crap about the Cowboys.

One caller was jokingly saying that Terrell Owens is being quiet because he is scared of Tank Johnson and his guns?

I wish I had a sound card here at work.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765632 said:

Man do the caller not realize in Texas Tank fits right in with the Guns heck in this state we drive around with loaded rifles in the gun rack of the rear window. Tank collection of guns that where listed could not even get him in the top 100 rednecks gun touting Texan :laugh2:

puff couple thousands rounds of ammo please:popcorn:

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Just typical WTEM talk! Most of the former 'Skins players on there are homers and would rather smack their mommas before giving Dallas any credit! I must say this hasn't been the normal Dallas/Skins week here in the Nations Capital, not too many WSH fans have confidence in their boys this Sunday! I wonder why...:lmao2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

America disagrees with you, Moron (BM).

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yep.

Doc's show has ended but everytime a Cowboys fan would talk trash the Skins fans could only respond by saying the Cowboys fan was bandwagoner, vagabond and only cheer when the Boys are winning.

The co-hosts that were Skins fans would ridicule the co-host that was a Cowboys fan by saying "You have not even been to Texas Stadium".

When your team has no chance of winning pull the Bandwagon Card.

- Mike G.