980 WTEM Sports Radio in D.C.: Ex-Skin Brian Mitchell talks Cowboys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1765583 said:
Man, my list doesn't have even one of those guys on it. Understand, I respected the players listed below, but I did not like playing against them.

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Randy Moss
3. John Riggins
4. Dexter Manley
5. Eric Dickerson
More old school:
Terry Bradshaw
Harold Jackson
Harold Carmichael
Terry Metcalf
O J Anderson
Wilbert Montgomery

Just to throw some names out there.

Rackat

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1765744 said:
More old school:
Terry Bradshaw
Harold Jackson
Harold Carmichael
Terry Metcalf
O J Anderson
Wilbert Montgomery

Just to throw some names out there.

My list, in no particular order:
Belly Kilmer - pudgy little bastid
Joe Montana - respected him, but hated him.
John Riggins
Eric Dickerson
Randy "the Cowboys promised to draft me" Moss
Lawrence Taylor
Dexter Manly
Joe "Brokeleg Mountain" Theisman

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Rackat;1765762 said:
My list, in no particular order:
Belly Kilmer - pudgy little bastid
Joe Montana - respected him, but hated him.
John Riggins
Eric Dickerson
Randy "the Cowboys promised to draft me" Moss
Lawrence Taylor
Dexter Manly
Joe "Brokeleg Mountain" Theisman

You could also throw Joe Morris and Otis "OJ" Anderson in there

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
How can you make a most hated list and not include Diron Talbert, Chris Hanburger, and the fun bunch?

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Hostile;1765583 said:
Man, my list doesn't have even one of those guys on it. Understand, I respected the players listed below, but I did not like playing against them.

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Randy Moss
3. John Riggins
4. Dexter Manley
5. Eric Dickerson

I'd have to swap out Moss for Rice. I hated that man.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1765882 said:
How can you make a most hated list and not include Diron Talbert, Chris Hanburger, and the fun bunch?
Most hated, yeah I'd include Diron. Most feared? Naw, I can't have him on that list.

zeromaster

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765554 said:
BM:Hated the cowboys even when he left the Skins (played with Gnats and Beagles)

BM:Says people didn't like the Cowboys because they treated the Commanders like trash on the field

BM:Hated that the boys were called america's team...the real one is in his mind

BM:Records don't make a difference it is one game and it is a rivalry, even if it is one-sided

BM:If the skins go in and buy a new set of brains set they can think about winning

***One of the hosts on WEM who is a Cowboys fan says that they may have to call child protective services at halftime because the Cowboys are going to be beating them so bad

BM:Claims he can play right now with the skins and shake his butt against the Cowboys

Fixed it for Mr. Mitchell.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765626 said:
DW, the co-host who is a Cowboys fan is named Derrick Davis and they have another guy on here named Clint something who claims to be a Cowboys fan as well. He has been talking trash to all the Commanders fans that have called in.

I am streaming 980 WTEM at work, is it common for music to play during the commercial break? Most radio stations have ads running but 980 WTEM has music playing for like 7 minutes.

You know, as soon as I posted that, I remembered hearing something from Doc Walker this morning about how he was going to have some Cowboys fans in the studio this morning as guests since it was Dallas week.

The music is just over the internet to replace the ads that are playing on the radio broadcast.

Walker is a huge homer. Generally, if the Cowboys win and the Redsk*ns lose in a given week, he won't even acknowledge that the Cowboys had a game!

khiladi

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1765632 said:
This is some very interesting radio. The host, Doc is talking alot of crap about the Cowboys.

One caller was jokingly saying that Terrell Owens is being quiet because he is scared of Tank Johnson and his guns?

These guys are extremely bitter.

The Doc always talks bad about the Cowboys. DC has a lot of Cowboy fans, and they give him hell. I think it gets to the Commander fans that there are so many around here.

But you just take it in stride, it is all in good-natured fun. Doc is hilarious some times.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
khiladi;1766072 said:
The Doc always talks bad about the Cowboys. DC has a lot of Cowboy fans, and they give him hell. I think it gets to the Commander fans that there are so many around here.

But you just take it in stride, it is all in good-natured fun. Doc is hilarious some times.

Yes, it was good-natured fun but you could tell the fans calling in were extremely bitter.

I would be too if I viewed this game as my team's Super Bowl.

They will feature a ton of ex-Commanders on the show tommorrow and Friday, so that should make for some interesting radio.