_Finally_ watched the game...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was out of town this weekend and just got around to it. Keeping in mind that I think the Giants are probably the stongest NFC SuperBowl contender, I can't understand for the life of me what all the bellyaching--I mean, analysis on this board is about. Sheesh. Our OTs were pushed around all day, by their probowl DEs. Bledsoe had more bad throws than I've seen him have all year. But, that game was a defensive struggle. We had many chances to win it in the second half, and if it weren't for giving up a defensive score early, we might well have won.

Seriously, in the last two weeks we've lost close games to legitimate SuperBowl contenders. This game with the Giants could well have been a preview of the NFC title game. The Broncos are probably the second best team in the AFC. Talk about the draft and free agency and about firing the head coach, and about replacing Bledsoe with TONY ROMO is hilarious, I mean, juvenile, I mean, embarrassing.

My advice: act like you all have been in a playoff hunt before. Appreciate how good the competition is. Remember what your original expectations were for this team, appreciate the jobs our backups are doing in several key roles, and wait for a rematch in Seattle or NY.

Zman5

Reaction score
5 SB wins will do that to you. We want nothing but the best and we want it now.
I agree with most of what you said but hey Cowboys fans are spoiled.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Idgit said:
I was out of town this weekend and just got around to it. Keeping in mind that I think the Giants are probably the stongest NFC SuperBowl contender.

You really think with Eli at the helm they are? He had a worse game then Bledsoe. I would put Seattle ahead of them & if Sheli can do nothing against us he will do less against the Bear's.

People are putting the Giants up there but he hasn't played a playoff game before and could hit a wall when he does.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I predict. We will take the division. Eli will have worse games to come. Don't give up until Week 16 is over. Period.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am most certainly _not_ and Eli fan. But I think the Giants are a balanced team, and they seem to be peaking in December, which is always something I look for . T Barber is a stud, and they've got those DEs. No team in the NFC is without holes, but the Giants played us very evenly last week. Most teams we lose to leaving me hungry for a rematch.

I don't trust Seattle, though. Love Hasselbeck, but thought the Giants fairly controlled that game two weeks ago. Thought we pushed Sea around in their own house, too.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Idgit said:
I am most certainly _not_ and Eli fan. But I think the Giants are a balanced team, and they seem to be peaking in December, which is always something I look for . T Barber is a stud, and they've got those DEs. No team in the NFC is without holes, but the Giants played us very evenly last week. Most teams we lose to leaving me hungry for a rematch.

I don't trust Seattle, though. Love Hasselbeck, but thought the Giants fairly controlled that game two weeks ago. Thought we pushed Sea around in their own house, too.

The Giants are a good team but he is their weak point. If Tiki has a bad game and you're counting on him to bail you out that's a lot for a second year QB.

His stats are always better in the fourth meaning he needs a bit of time to warm up or read the D properly - a game could be out of his reach at that stage.

The Seahawks, Panthers , Bucs and especially the Falcons seem to run hot and cold week to week. You never know if they are coming to play or not. So they do stand a chance but will probably end up on the road for the playoffs and have only been able to beat San Fran away this year.

DMX690

Reaction score
BAZ said:
The Giants are a good team but he is their weak point. If Tiki has a bad game and you're counting on him to bail you out that's a lot for a second year QB.

His stats are always better in the fourth meaning he needs a bit of time to warm up or read the D properly - a game could be out of his reach at that stage.

The Seahawks, Panthers , Bucs and especially the Falcons seem to run hot and cold week to week. You never know if they are coming to play or not. So they do stand a chance but will probably end up on the road for the playoffs and have only been able to beat San Fran away this year.

Please, San Diego and Philly victories were also away so get your facts straight my friend

DragonSoul

Reaction score
BAZ said:
You really think with Eli at the helm they are? He had a worse game then Bledsoe. I would put Seattle ahead of them & if Sheli can do nothing against us he will do less against the Bear's.

People are putting the Giants up there but he hasn't played a playoff game before and could hit a wall when he does.

Stop with your hate. They both played horrible and put up pretty much the same numbers. Eli had 2 Ints. While Drew had 2 Ints and 2 Fumbles one that sealed the game. Mind you that was Elis 19th start, and how many was that for drew? How about 184. Hmmm thats almost 10 times the experience. The kid had a bad game against a solid defense in the cowboys. He isnt going to light it up every week, he is still learning.

Btw Last year eli drove on dallas to win in the last game of the year. Eli got us 10 pts in SD with the 2nd half about to end too be down 1 pts too SD, He drove us and helped us beat denver in regulation, drove on dallas to tie it up and take it too OT, He tied it on Seattle and drove 3 times for game winning drives that the fg kicker missed. He had about 3-4 come from behind games this year alone.

Drew had how many? I know he chocked one up too seattle. I know he had not 1 but 2 chances inside the 2 min drill to go for a game tying drive, but he threw an int on one of them.

I just love how some people dont keep it in perspective. Eli 19 starts and the first half of the season helped us get too 8-4, second half the defense and tiki are stepping it up, its not always on the qb especially one that started 19 games. Vs someone who started 184. Oh well keep them colored glasses on.

DragonSoul

Reaction score
DMX690 said:
Please, San Diego and Philly victories were also away so get your facts straight my friend

We had some bad breaks on the road, but if you look at the stats ,Elis numbers are actually better on the road then at home.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
DragonSoul said:
Stop with your hate. They both played horrible and put up pretty much the same numbers. Eli had 2 Ints. While Drew had 2 Ints and 2 Fumbles one that sealed the game. Mind you that was Elis 19th start, and how many was that for drew? How about 184. Hmmm thats almost 10 times the experience. The kid had a bad game against a solid defense in the cowboys. He isnt going to light it up every week, he is still learning.

Btw Last year eli drove on dallas to win in the last game of the year. Eli got us 10 pts in SD with the 2nd half about to end too be down 1 pts too SD, He drove us and helped us beat denver in regulation, drove on dallas to tie it up and take it too OT, He tied it on Seattle and drove 3 times for game winning drives that the fg kicker missed. He had about 3-4 come from behind games this year alone.

Drew had how many? I know he chocked one up too seattle. I know he had not 1 but 2 chances inside the 2 min drill to go for a game tying drive, but he threw an int on one of them.

I just love how some people dont keep it in perspective. Eli 19 starts and the first half of the season helped us get too 8-4, second half the defense and tiki are stepping it up, its not always on the qb especially one that started 19 games. Vs someone who started 184. Oh well keep them colored glasses on.

Read the 6th post middle paragraph.

DragonSoul

Reaction score
BAZ said:
Read the 6th post middle paragraph.

I agreed about it taking him too the 4th quarter at times. But honestly i have heard on a few places the wrs dropped about 6 balls if that was the case he would of had around 250 yds and that big drop by carter for 50+ yds would of been inside the 20 and who knows then what would of happened. Its funny too because its not all on his shoulders, he throws the ball away often, goes deep, and his wrs are dropping the ball lately, but he is starting to check down more which will help in his progression. But again with drops or not it wasnt a good day for him. It will happen, but many people seem to keep all the above mentioned things i said in perspective in my previous post.

I think you guys have a solid defense, actually top 10 by the numbers. I think you guys have promise with your rbs, but your in trouble with your qb, even if he stays for another year or two you will still need to develop a new one that might take 2-3 years. Same thing with the Skins, besides there defense isnt as good with out AP.

Btw i was good I visited this forums and didnt rub it in or post, just read posts from the members, but after reading what i saw here i had to remark. I cant stand when people just make assnine comments like that.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
DragonSoul said:
I cant stand when people just make assnine comments like that.

as·i·nine ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (
abreve.gif
s
prime.gif
schwa.gif
-n
imacr.gif
n
lprime.gif
)
adj.
  1. Utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.
  2. Of, relating to, or resembling an ***.
The irony

What comments did I make? I gave the reasons I don't think the Giants are Super Bowl bound.

DragonSoul

Reaction score
BAZ said:
as·i·nine ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (
abreve.gif
s
prime.gif
schwa.gif
-n
imacr.gif
n
lprime.gif
)
adj.

1. Utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.
  2. Of, relating to, or resembling an ***.
The irony

What comments did I make? I gave the reasons I don't think the Giants are Super Bowl bound.

First i wasnt referring to you.
Second I am not in class at the moment so i really could care less about my spelling, even though that was intentional (***) to make a point, but i guess that went over your head.
Third dont take things too seriously lol.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
DragonSoul said:
First i wasnt referring to you.
Second I am not in class at the moment so i really could care less about my spelling, even though that was intentional (***) to make a point, but i guess that went over your head.
Third dont take things too seriously lol.

You weren't referring to me but you quoted me?

You don't care about you spelling but you made that mistake on purpose?

The only comment I can guess annoyed you was me calling him Sheli yet you tell me to not take things so seriously............

DragonSoul

Reaction score
BAZ said:
You weren't referring to me but you quoted me?

You don't care about you spelling but you made that mistake on purpose?

The only comment I can guess annoyed you was me calling him Sheli yet you tell me to not take things so seriously............

Ok let me explain. You quoted me too read what you wrote. I said i agreed with some of what you wrote. Then in general i said i had to reply to what others wrote in this topic, and how some of the posters here dont look at the big picture or things in perspective. This forum doesnt have multiple quotes with a button and i dont plan on going through each one to state my point.

2nd Yes i made that mistake on purpose. I was being sarcastic. Trying to imply people being *****. Thats why it was ASSnine not ASinine. I guess it did go over your head.

I dont care if you call him sheli, eli, baby, belly, deli, im not his mother lol. I replied to your comparison to Drew. Which stats wise he is better then drew this year, and this past sunday they had similar numbers except Drew had 2 fumbles more, and 10x's the game experience, as well as giving us a chance to win in many of the games by bringing us back unlike what drew has done for you guys.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
DragonSoul said:
Ok let me explain. You quoted me too read what you wrote. I said i agreed with some of what you wrote. Then in general i said i had to reply to what others wrote in this topic, and how some of the posters here dont look at the big picture or things in perspective. This forum doesnt have multiple quotes with a button and i dont plan on going through each one to state my point.

2nd Yes i made that mistake on purpose. I was being sarcastic. Trying to imply people being *****. Thats why it was ASSnine not ASinine. I guess it did go over your head.

I dont care if you call him sheli, eli, baby, belly, deli, im not his mother lol. I replied to your comparison to Drew. Which stats wise he is better then drew this year, and this past sunday they had similar numbers except Drew had 2 fumbles more, and 10x's the game experience, as well as giving us a chance to win in many of the games by bringing us back unlike what drew has done for you guys.

So it should of been spelt assInine -but don't let your bad spelling get in the way of thinking ou went over my head .

Drew brought us back in the San Diego , San Fran , and the 2nd Philadelphia game.

Judging by you blind faith in Eli you think it will be a Manning Bowl......... I don't.

DragonSoul

Reaction score
BAZ said:
So it should of been spelt assInine -but don't let your bad spelling get in the way of thinking ou went over my head .

Drew brought us back in the San Diego , San Fran , and the 2nd Philadelphia game.

Judging by you blind faith in Eli you think it will be a Manning Bowl......... I don't.

1) Im glad your telling me how i should of been spelling. Its ok that it went over your head and you needed 2 posts to shine the light on it.

2) SD game was a gift from Marty. First the FO suspends Gates, then they barely hand the ball off to LT, in the redzone with 4 downs to go they didnt give the best player in the game 1 touch. U can thank Martys lack of Coaching for that.

San Fran lmao.....

Actually McChoke gave you that game with a gift wrapped football right in the great cover guy you call Roy.

3) Actually I believe our team has a shot like any other team, but I wouldnt be suprised if we didnt get to the SB. I felt before the season we could go 10-6 and we are right around that area, and if all goes right eli will get his experience in the playoffs and will have about 24 games under his belt when its all said and done. I am realistic unlike many.

But i assume you really think you have a chance with drew the next couple years? Or even better when he leaves i bet you feel great about romo? God wait till Tuna leaves. I feel a bit more comfortable knowning i have Eli learning another year and be ready for next year then worrying about a washed up qb that cant get the job done.

I go by stats and facts not nonsense. A qb started 19 games and is ahead of the almight drew as in the qb stat department. I feel more comfortable with him getting us too the SB then Drew and someone who doesnt throw the game away like in Seattle and NY but gets us to tie, win or go to OT more then once a year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
DragonSoul said:
1) Im glad your telling me how i should of been spelling. Its ok that it went over your head and you needed 2 posts to shine the light on it.

2) SD game was a gift from Marty. First the FO suspends Gates, then they barely hand the ball off to LT, in the redzone with 4 downs to go they didnt give the best player in the game 1 touch. U can thank Martys lack of Coaching for that.

San Fran lmao.....

Actually McChoke gave you that game with a gift wrapped football right in the great cover guy you call Roy.

3) Actually I believe our team has a shot like any other team, but I wouldnt be suprised if we didnt get to the SB. I felt before the season we could go 10-6 and we are right around that area, and if all goes right eli will get his experience in the playoffs and will have about 24 games under his belt when its all said and done. I am realistic unlike many.

But i assume you really think you have a chance with drew the next couple years? Or even better when he leaves i bet you feel great about romo? God wait till Tuna leaves. I feel a bit more comfortable knowning i have Eli learning another year and be ready for next year then worrying about a washed up qb that cant get the job done.

I go by stats and facts not nonsense. A qb started 19 games and is ahead of the almight drew as in the qb stat department. I feel more comfortable with him getting us too the SB then Drew and someone who doesnt throw the game away like in Seattle and NY but gets us to tie, win or go to OT more then once a year.

DragonSoul, from your comments I gather your a Giants fan. Kudos to you and your team on the win. I attended the game on Sunday and made my comments on Monday in another thread.

1st I would like to say the majority of the fans at Giants stadium, trash talking and all, were still some of the most repectful and curtious fans I had the pleasure of enjoying an away game with (I have found NE fans to be the same also). Heck, trash talking is part of the fun.

As I stated in my previous post on the game, your opinion of Bledsoe and the OT's was echoed my many Giants fans I was surrounded by at the game. The have a total respect for our Defense and mentioned numerous times that if we improved our OT play and did not have Bledsoe as our starting QB, we very well could have won that game.

BAZ, you are a fellow Cowboys fan and a brother in arms here. I just wanted to point out what DragonSoul has been posting is a point of veiw that I also heard from many other Giants fans.

I'm not here to argue the point either way now, just letting you know that DragonSoul is not alone in his opinion, from his fellow fans.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
DragonSoul said:

San Fran lmao.....

Yeah I'm sure you are so witty a lot of your "jokes" go over people's head's :rolleyes:

I'm telling you the game's we came back in - You say we never came back in a game I tell you three and you dismiss them .

You say we given the game by Marty? That's not even worth responding to if you believe that.

San Fran - come back's a come back no matter who it's against we were losing and got it together.

Drew scored a TD in the Eagles game which put us with in 6 points with 2.58 left in the game - that's giving your team a chance after stinking up the place for most of it.

I love the way you rip into Drew like he is being pushed onto the field in a wheel chair - he has his problems that are obvious for the world to see. But he has performed well this season in some games - I guess that's why he was the leading passer in the NFC for most of the season & is leading the position in fan pro bowl voting apparently http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=02892A19-AFD7-4191-29A30016374F943D - how are those "facts & stats".

There is nothing wrong with defending your team but throwing around petty insults because I don't think your team can make it to the big game is asinine ;)