A closer look at Garrett record doesn't justify firing until this year

Romotil45

Reaction score
The main problem with hiring Garrett when they did: Jerry has admitted Garrett was a project. If you were going to maximize what was left of Romo’s career, Garrett was decidedly the wrong hire.

Your not taking into account the fact that only Jason Garrett will secretly allow Jerrah to be the head coach. Jerrah pays Garrett to clap, LOL.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Funny that some view 8-8 as a winning season? Like that 9-7 crap last year meant anything at all. Garrett blows but atleast he beat the Super Bowl champs 6-0.

How said anything about winning season......simply stating the fact. 8-8 is what it is .....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
People forget that those 8-8 season's were due to the league figuring out what that offense was doing and shutting it down in the second half of the season. Sound familiar?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a good thing? Lol he should have been fired right then and there. He took turns losing the division title to all 3 division opponents in three consecutive years.

So you would have fired him after the last 8-8 record?

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
If were Cleveland or Arizona playing .500 ball is enough to keep your job. Our standards are a bit higher in Dallas. Not only has he failed to live up to them but he has had PLENTY of time to work his "process".

They finish 8-8 or worse again this year it is time for him to go. He is what he is and that is not a winner.

RS12

Reaction score
Sigh, not this old chestnut again. What is his record against teams above 500, rookie coaches, and elimination games? Look it up and get back to us. Shouldnt be fired? Try never should have been hired in the first place.

Romotil45

Reaction score
If were Cleveland or Arizona playing .500 ball is enough to keep your job. Our standards are a bit higher in Dallas. Not only has he failed to live up to them but he has had PLENTY of time to work his "process".

They finish 8-8 or worse again this year it is time for him to go. He is what he is and that is not a winner.

Oh but you forgot he was CLAPPER of the year in 16'. Jerrah;s not going to fire his redheaded stepchild.

The Natural

Reaction score
How said anything about winning season......simply stating the fact. 8-8 is what it is .....
Wait a minute, wasn't it you who just made the 13-3 or garrett fired thread? That was you wasn't it Betha? What's up with all the defending Garrett threads

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should have been fired after the 2nd or 3rd 8-8 season. Take your pick. But you could also fire him losing 2 home playoff games or just not for making the playoffs in 5 out of the last 7 years.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Oh but you forgot he was CLAPPER of the year in 16'. Jerrah;s not going to fire his redheaded stepchild.

There was a quote today that I forget who posted but it said something like Dak is more in love with what it means to be the Dallas QB than he is doing what needs to be a good QB.

I am paraphrasing.

That is 100% Jerry. He LOVES being the owner/GM and being the worlds most valued franchise more than he loves winning. He is more about the cash and his legacy as an innovator than he is about winning games. Garrett doesn't rock the boat or want his strings cut so Jerry will keep his puppet and raking his cash while the fans live with 8-8 football.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wait a minute, wasn't it you who just made the 13-3 or garrett fired thread? That was you wasn't it Betha? What's up with all the defending Garrett threads

You're misunderstanding me.......I'm not defending him ( they can fire him next week for all I care coz I think his time is up). Just simply show a different perspective if you sitting in Jerry's chair. Funny, I'm still waiting for a poster to suggest the best window/year he should have realistically been fired.