A Comment By Charles Woodson Really Hits Me in the Gut

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Hostile;3853803 said:
I can't help but wonder how many players around the league think like this because this is a business for them. Not many have the same dilemma of higher contract value for CB as opposed to Safety, But still, playing for contracts instead of championships just seems dumb to me.

It should hit you in the gut. That was the essence of my comment on Barber yesterday. With regards to stepping aside voluntarily for the team's sake.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3854449 said:
You're nuts. The vet minimum is more than some people make in a decade.

The veteran minimum is also for players who stay in the league longer that the average NFL career. So yeah, another great post on your part.

billknows

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3853913 said:
If Nnamdi signs with GB might as well cancel the next 3 seasons. Three of the best corners in the game on one team? Are you kidding me???

Miles ,Dez , and Witter can beatem...:starspin

perrykemp

Reaction score
billknows;3854603 said:
Miles ,Dez , and Witter can beatem...:starspin

Well, let's hope we can do better the next time we play the Packers than we've done against them last two season -- they pretty much shut us out in 2009 (Cowboys scored in the last minute of the game during garbage time) and we took a colossal butt whipping from them in 2010 in which Miles was held to 16 yards and Witten 44.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
age and maturity always brings a different perspective to things.. Winning a SB help as well

AbeBeta

Reaction score
EPL0c0;3854903 said:
age and maturity always brings a different perspective to things.. Winning a SB help as well

yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with having signed a huge contract last year -- he'd be singing another tune if he was going into a contract year as a move like this would lose him a ton of money

Reaction score
casmith07;3853810 said:
Woodson's already made his money, and he comes off as someone that's been very smart about it, similar to Nnamdi Asomugha, who in my opinion literally sounds like the smartest guy in the league when he speaks.

I said before that I think the most likely destinations for Nnamdi are Green Bay or the Jets. I'll go out on another limb and make my final prediction: he goes to play for Green Bay, and for considerably less than what he's worth.

C'mon. Are you kidding? Thats complete BS.

That distinction would go to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBEDFDhoq8

perrykemp

Reaction score
Article today in the Milwaukee press onw why it's extremely unlikely that Nnamdi will ever be signed by the Packers:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/116758849.html

The crux of it is that the Packers already have huge money tied up in the defensive backfield AND they have 5-7 young good young players with their contracts due up in the next year or two.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
perrykemp;3855093 said:
Article today in the Milwaukee press onw why it's extremely unlikely that Nnamdi will ever be signed by the Packers:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/116758849.html

The crux of it is that the Packers already have huge money tied up in the defensive backfield AND they have 5-7 young good young players with their contracts due up in the next year or two.

I could see them jettisoning some talent.

This is also again assuming Nnamdi Asomugha wants a max deal. At this point, after playing in Oakland all these years and getting record money, I imagine he wants to win.

perrykemp

Reaction score
casmith07;3855097 said:
I could see them jettisoning some talent.

This is also again assuming Nnamdi Asomugha wants a max deal. At this point, after playing in Oakland all these years and getting record money, I imagine he wants to win.

Well, if they did jettison talent in order to sign Nnamdi it would be an interesting experiment indeed....

4 Pro-Bowl caliber starting defensive backs in Nick Collins (S), Woodson (S), Tramon Williams (CB), ans Nnamdi (CB) with nickleback Sam Shields (CB).

Effectively over time they'd have to field basically a bunch of minimum wage guys in the front 7. The question is could that front-7 every stop the run enough to force passing situations.

Would be interesting to see that experiment play out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
casmith07;3853810 said:
Woodson's already made his money, and he comes off as someone that's been very smart about it, similar to Nnamdi Asomugha, who in my opinion literally sounds like the smartest guy in the league when he speaks.

I said before that I think the most likely destinations for Nnamdi are Green Bay or the Jets. I'll go out on another limb and make my final prediction: he goes to play for Green Bay, and for considerably less than what he's worth.

And I'll go out on a limb, and state that if Green Bay gets Asomugha, with what they have in the bank...they'll be as dominant as the dynasty period in Pittsburgh.

perrykemp

Reaction score
CCBoy;3855147 said:
And I'll go out on a limb, and state that if Green Bay gets Asomugha, with what they have in the bank...they'll be as dominant as the dynasty period in Pittsburgh.

I don't know that we'll every see a dynasty again in the modern salary-cap era and I certainly don't know if Nnamdi going to the Packers would clinch anything for them...

having said that, Nnamdi going to Green Bay for something barely above the veteran minimum in order to win a ring would not be a good thing for the other 31 teams in the league.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
and he knows he's moving to safety anyway before long if he wants to keep playing at a high level...what's a year or two early?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
At a strength position like their secondary is and with so many players they could lose if not resigned, I just don't see a major move like this happening in GB.

Not too mention they are just like us and like their own "homegrown" drafted stars, which they are of plenty at the moment. A splash like this just isn't necessary or needed. A splash like this is when you need to get over a "hump".

Besides I see him in Dallas. And this story bodes even better for us after we get him, we'd truly be getting a player that's respected around the league by those that know him, even our own Mr. Ryan.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;3855325 said:
At a strength position like their secondary is and with so many players they could lose if not resigned, I just don't see a major move like this happening in GB.

Not too mention they are just like us and like their own "homegrown" drafted stars, which they are of plenty at the moment. A splash like this just isn't necessary or needed. A splash like this is when you need to get over a "hump".

Besides I see him in Dallas. And this story bodes even better for us after we get him, we'd truly be getting a player that's respected around the league by those that know him, even our own Mr. Ryan.

I agree with this.

I suspect Woodson will make the move to safety anyway --- they have a tremendous young talent at CB with Sam Shields they can move into the starting lineup to replace Woodson -- if they choose to go this route.

CCBoy

Reaction score
One can hypothesis about loss of speed, but until it departs on a consistent basis during games...that is still just conjecture until it does affect play.

Woodson is looking towards the future; but not right now, unless it serves a team need.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CCBoy;3855470 said:
One can hypothesis about loss of speed, but until it departs on a consistent basis during games...that is still just conjecture until it does affect play.

Woodson is looking towards the future; but not right now, unless it serves a team need.

Hold on CCBoy...I can almost read what your trying to say?

:write:

When did you start speaking english?

CCBoy

Reaction score
5Stars;3855488 said:
Hold on CCBoy...I can almost read what your trying to say?

:write:

When did you start speaking english?

About the time that you laid off the cheaper wine list...:rolleyes:

Oh, and don't worry your cheap lists...a comment was made.:laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CCBoy;3855504 said:
About the time that you laid off the cheaper wine list...:rolleyes:

Oh, and don't worry your cheap lists...a comment was made.:laugh2:

That's better...thank you.
:bow:

I like your little words...those big words are confuseing!