A Cooper has 50 yards in two games since telling us they changed the route

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dak is not a 'credit' guy. In fact, his lack of ego may be the very thing holding him back.
I've noticed he's more than liberal in spreading that ball around to any of the passing targets available on any given passing play,,,He don't seem the type to hold a mental grudge like you could kinda' pick up on with ROMO towards any specific player for dropping a pass.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I've noticed he's more than liberal in spreading that ball around to any of the passing targets available on any given passing play,,,He don't seem the type to hold a mental grudge like you could kinda' pick up on with ROMO towards any specific player for dropping a pass.

Lol....I remember Steve Young talking about a receiver with a bad attitude. He'd not target him for a half and then ask him, 'You back on board yet? Because I can do this all day.'

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I seriously doubt Dak is holding any grudge as well. I think he is looking for college open receivers/ the safe play. When Cooper has a LB shaded underneath and a CB over top Dak just doesn't want to force the ball into a tight space regardless how well Coop runs his routes. I don't know if any other receivers talk to Dak like Cooper did to say hey this is what they are doing etc etc. They should though.

kskboys

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Dak is holding any grudge as well. I think he is looking for college open receivers/ the safe play. When Cooper has a LB shaded underneath and a CB over top Dak just doesn't want to force the ball into a tight space regardless how well Coop runs his routes. I don't know if any other receivers talk to Dak like Cooper did to say hey this is what they are doing etc etc. They should though.
Dak has threaded the needle several times. The "college open" claims are sorta silly.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Dak has threaded the needle several times. The "college open" claims are sorta silly.
Ya,well,ya know BRO!,,, He's bumped his head walking thru a wide open door,that prolly should've required medical attention,,,TOO!

* concerning that needle& thread viewed vector, my Friendo_O

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QBs and WRs change routes all the time. This was a non-story then, and is a non-story now.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Lol. Every receiver is always open. Just ask them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Guess I was giving him too much credit then. If he wasn't choosing the safer play on purpose he just doesn't see open guys down field....aka he's worse than I thought.

kskboys

Reaction score
Guess I was giving him too much credit then. If he wasn't choosing the safer play on purpose he just doesn't see open guys down field....aka he's worse than I thought.
All QB's miss open receivers.

Do you guys really not know this Football 101 stuff?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All QB's miss open receivers.

Do you guys really not know this Football 101 stuff?

Most QB's with a 1300 yard rusher can find an open receiver when the defenses only stack the box. Can u Dak defenders ever watch a game?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Most QB's with a 1300 yard rusher can find an open receiver when the defenses only stack the box. Can u Dak defenders ever watch a game?

Not sure about everyone else, but I've watched 15 games this year. In case you missed it, we won the East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Not sure about everyone else, but I've watched 15 games this year. In case you missed it, we won the East for the 2nd time in 3 years.
I can definitely COPY THAT,,,:thumbup:

Compared to WHO WAS TOOTING on that divisional kazoo last season?,,, YA- BUDDY!

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

:)o_O:)

KingRah

Reaction score
Lol....I remember Steve Young talking about a receiver with a bad attitude. He'd not target him for a half and then ask him, 'You back on board yet? Because I can do this all day.'
The difference is, Steve young was capable of throwing for 190 yards without going to his number one receiver and that was the 90s. Dak can't even reach 200 unless Cooper is heavily involved. He was terrible before Cooper. Now he's using coopers attention to get the ball to the other guys. He wouldn't be our qb next year if we didn't have Cooper. He's average 150 yards and end up with 29 ints.

KingRah

Reaction score
Yeah. Zekes a heck of a player. He lead us to 2 division titles with the world knowing he's the focal point of the offense. His record is amazing so far.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The difference is, Steve young was capable of throwing for 190 yards without going to his number one receiver and that was the 90s. Dak can't even reach 200 unless Cooper is heavily involved. He was terrible before Cooper. Now he's using coopers attention to get the ball to the other guys. He wouldn't be our qb next year if we didn't have Cooper. He's average 150 yards and end up with 29 ints.
:rolleyes:, come on now, MARDUK!:rolleyes:

* even those 49'ers were completely flabbergasted into the comprehension of having lassoed chained lightening Twice at the Q.B. postiono_O

*and, while those who believe Young, proving superior over Montana?,,,well,,,,They
Will seldom strike a pertinent cord of agreement concerning the aspects of overall Footballish insights with Meo_O

:star:;):star:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yes thankfully this top tier defense kept us in games along with the best rusher in the NFL. Maybe I'm just spoiled by getting to watch QB's who actually throw the ball to open receivers.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes thankfully this top tier defense kept us in games along with the best rusher in the NFL. Maybe I'm just spoiled by getting to watch QB's who actually throw the ball to open receivers.
Throwing the ball to receivers is a small part of the game. If that's all you care about then maybe you are spoiled if that's what you get to watch.